Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 233

Author Topic: What sits in the garage next to your harley ??  (Read 855114 times)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: What sits in the garage next to your harley ??
« Reply #3360 on: November 19, 2019, 03:55:07 PM »

Wanted this 3 years ago.  2017 was the first year of the Gen2 and Dealers were getting premiums above sticker.  So I bought a Platinum.  I’m genetically unable to pay above sticker!
Fast forward 3 years and Thanks to a new neighbor who is a Sales Manager I now have this.
Yes he gave me a smoking good deal!

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #3361 on: November 20, 2019, 07:47:17 AM »

A pair of Dodge Chargers.    The wife's is on the Right  -  All Wheel Drive and Hemi (the option was discontinued to the public in 2014)   Mine is on the left.

ultrarider123

« Reply #3362 on: November 20, 2019, 09:10:57 AM »

Forgot to post this a few months ago...out of the BMW business and stepped into a CPO Jaguar XE.  First Jag I've ever owned and so far we love it.

...and just for the record, NOT sitting next to my Harley ('cause dare ain't 1) but IS sitting next to Cochise in the garage... :bananarock:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3363 on: November 20, 2019, 06:18:56 PM »

Got a nice cage there Howard  :2vrolijk_21:

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #3364 on: November 21, 2019, 05:52:31 AM »

Forgot to post this a few months ago...out of the BMW business and stepped into a CPO Jaguar XE.  First Jag I've ever owned and so far we love it.

...and just for the record, NOT sitting next to my Harley ('cause dare ain't 1) but IS sitting next to Cochise in the garage... :bananarock:

Very nice. Thanks for your support. I work for them here in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

ultrarider123

« Reply #3365 on: November 21, 2019, 07:02:23 AM »

Got a nice cage there Howard  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Pete.  If you can't visit England, have a piece of it sitting in your garage... :2vrolijk_21:

Very nice. Thanks for your support. I work for them here in the UK.

Glad to be of help...it's a very nice automobile and drives like a dream

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #3366 on: November 22, 2019, 07:16:51 AM »

Very nice car Howard.  In 2014 I debated real hard between the Jaguar F Type and the Stingray, drove the Jaguar three times, very nice car.  I did end up with the coverette and main reason was Power the Stingray had more at a similar price point.  The Jag was nicer on the inside.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Cooch366

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #3367 on: November 22, 2019, 09:48:22 AM »

Our New Ironhorse trailer

dan.stegner

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

« Reply #3368 on: November 27, 2019, 12:05:43 PM »

My 09 cvo springer  and 13 jku

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #3369 on: December 03, 2019, 08:32:29 PM »

A pair of Dodge Chargers.    The wife's is on the Right  -  All Wheel Drive and Hemi (the option was discontinued to the public in 2014)   Mine is on the left.
Nice! The wife & I are also MOPAR fans. I wish they still offered the AWD with the 392 or I'd have one. We both had Chargers too, but I traded mine for a new Octane Red Challenger GT a couple years ago withe the 3.6 because I wanted AWD .... still a fun car with that 8spd. & 305 HP & goes good in the winter without swapping tires/wheels. 
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3370 on: December 03, 2019, 08:45:13 PM »

As of this coming Tuesday, this...

Nice! .... I didn't know you jumped ship, congrats! How do you like it & are you sorry you didn't wait for the Challenger? Do tell ... That's sharp, I like!
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

ultrarider123

« Reply #3371 on: December 03, 2019, 10:11:50 PM »

Nice! .... I didn't know you jumped ship, congrats! How do you like it & are you sorry you didn't wait for the Challenger? Do tell ... That's sharp, I like!

Shot you a PM... :2vrolijk_21:

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3372 on: December 04, 2019, 01:38:02 AM »

Shot you a PM... :2vrolijk_21:

I can't talk to you anymore trader!  ;)

Glad you're enjoying & I sent one back to ya.
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3373 on: December 05, 2019, 07:36:12 AM »

Back in June the husband of my ex-wife passed away.  At that time both had a couple older cars that they had for many years and had just used them sparingly from the storage garage.  Actually this was her third husband, her second one died as well. :(  So I'm the only one that got out alive! :)

About four years after our divorce she purchased a used '88 Cadillac Allante gold metallic and tan interior.  They were the most expensive car "made" in the US during that time frame, '87/'93.  Two seater with a V-8 front wheel drive.  Mine has the puny 4.1L (250ci) all aluminum Cadillac engine with an auto 4-speed.  It's in fair shape.  The storage did not help it much as most of the steel lines have lots of surface rust on them.  The Cadillac has only been driven 110 miles since '07.  At least that's what the service receipt says.  They had put new struts, rotors and calipers, front brake line hoses and new Goodyear Eagle tires.  I will probably have to replace the tires if I plan on doing any serious driving with it.  But it's been inside out of the ultraviolet light, so maybe not too bad.

These cars were made in Turin Italy by Pininfarina, the same company that builds the Maserati's.  GM flew sub assemblies over and Pininfarina would install the sub assemblies, basically all but the drivetrain.  Then they flew them back in a modified 747, I believe 24 at a time to Detroit where GM would do the final assembly. 

GM always had the Cadillac line as the innovators of tech items, computers etc.  These cars were no exception.  There's 57 dash buttons alone.  The readout screen tells you good morning along with the date and temp.  Right now I'm fighting a "coolant fan fault".  I have two coolant fan control modules and I've replaced the coolant fan relay.  I can force them on through the ECM, but not running automatically, still diagnosing the issue.

Well here's the story, I know, too late... :)  She called me and said she had talked with our son and asked him if he wanted it and he said no, but ask dad.  So she asked if I was interested in it and I said not really and asked what she wanted for it.  She said that she had tried to sell it, but not running well etc, all she got were low ball offers.  She said if I wanted it, just come and get it out of her yard.  I said I was interested...

My nephew took his trailer about 40 miles south in MI and took it back to my brother's house and garage.  In August while in MI, I trailered it back home to MO.  I've put some money and effort into it and it runs good, but still the coolant fault issue.

So it's sitting right beside my CVO and '76 FLH in the garage.

Here's a few pictures.

You can see the acorns on the intake manifold in this picture.  It needs a TON of cleaning, but doable for sure.

The interior is in okay shape, but needs a very good cleaning and conditioning.

They made less then 3000 per year and in '88 they sold 2657 I believe.  Even with the scarcity of them, a good '88 will only bring around $3000 to $4000.  A good '93, which was the last year and it was also the first Northstar powered Cadillac, will bring in the mid teens.  The '87/'89 came from the factory with aluminum hard tops.  The rag top is manual and stores in a nice compact boot with a leather covered fiberglass tonneau cover.  Almost every surface of the interior is leather covered.  The only option in the early years was a cellular phone.

So now that I'm retiring the end of the year, this is my first project to get finished.  Then the Boardtrack racer to finish.  It's getting really close to painting soon.

Have a Happy Holidays!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #3374 on: December 05, 2019, 10:09:01 AM »

Nice! The wife & I are also MOPAR fans. I wish they still offered the AWD with the 392 or I'd have one. We both had Chargers too, but I traded mine for a new Octane Red Challenger GT a couple years ago withe the 3.6 because I wanted AWD .... still a fun car with that 8spd. & 305 HP & goes good in the winter without swapping tires/wheels.
Sweet!   I'd like to find a nice Scat Pack car '15 or up with the 8 Spd...    Sometime in the not so distant future  :)
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 233

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 25 queries.