Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Transmission Oil transfer to Primary  (Read 2761 times)

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
Transmission Oil transfer to Primary
« on: August 27, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »

Hey Guys,
     Just curious if any of you have experienced or heard of 2017 models that loose trans oil as its migrating to the primary cavity?  Maybe I missed it in another post but would like to know if the CVO MODELS have this issue as well.  Yes it should not be possible but it is an ongoing issue with SOME 17s.  The MOCO has issued a list of checks and currently decided to replace the crankshaft seal and spacer although most owners have not found this to help the problem.  I currently have a 17FLHXS and in 700 miles after an oil change, nothing on the stick of the trans.  Have added 16oz in 2k miles.  If you want more info read all the post here.....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1175678-who-s-been-having-to-add-transmission-fluid.html

2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

cvofbme

Re: Transmission Oil transfer to Primary
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 01:45:35 AM »

any 17 model with a hyd clutch is IMO going to transfer oil   :(

Desert Jeff

Re: Transmission Oil transfer to Primary
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 05:38:48 PM »

I have had the problem on my 2018 CVO Road Glide since new. Finally, the HD Field Rep had my dealer install a small vent in the top of the inner primary and that seems to have fixed the problem. The HD factory rep explained that the primary on some of the M8 models actually creates a vacuum which sucks the fluid from the transmission.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.