Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

"V" Dark Spot on Hi Beam

(1/2) > >>

DREBBIN:
On my 06 I have a wide V-shaped dark spot when I use my hi beams -- right in the middle of the road where I'd kinda like to "more" light.  I did but the PIAA H11 in the low beam -- as usual --wow what a difference.  Where do ya figure this V blank spot is coming from in the NEW DUAL BULB HEADLAMP ? Yes, I do miss that light pattern from the Gold Wing - truly like aircraft landing lights.  DREBBIN

jeffj:
I to have not been overly excited about the headlight in my 06 SE, I broke down on Saturday and ordered the HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp Kit Part # 68094-06 from my local HD dealer. The dealer said the install process is quite extensive as the fairing must be pulled to install a ballast and necessary wiring. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would buy a $524.95 headlamp but I love to ride at night and if the headlamp is as good as all the reports I have read it will be worth it.

My local HD dealer will be installing the headlamp on Oct. 6 along with a few other goodies, I promise to give a full report if the extra dollars are worth it.

Hey no one tell my buddy thats buying my stock dual bulb headlamp that I don't like it. LOL

110tHunDer:

--- Quote ---My local HD dealer will be installing the headlamp on Oct. 6 along with a few other goodies, I promise to give a full report if the extra dollars are worth it.

Hey no one tell my buddy thats buying my stock dual bulb headlamp that I don't like it. LOL
--- End quote ---

Jeff, I'll be looking forward to hearing your impressions of the new headlight.  I have HID headlights on my car and they are awesome!  $525 is a lot, but not if it helps you see better.

06ULTRASE:
I have the same V spot on mine. From the way some folks were talking on another post I was thinking mine was wired wrong,ie the low beam and high beam are swapped. Let me ask you this is your high beam the upper or lower bulb?  I'm with you for a headlight that suppose to be better it sucks.
[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

DREBBIN:

--- Quote ---I have the same V spot on mine. From the way some folks were talking on another post I was thinking mine was wired wrong,ie the low beam and high beam are swapped. Let me ask you this is your high beam the upper or lower bulb?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version