Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Power Commander Map  (Read 4884 times)

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
Power Commander Map
« on: May 19, 2004, 01:21:52 PM »

Help, anyone. I went ahead and purchased a power commander for my serk. Does anyone have a map designed for our 103 ci engines with some mods. I have an air cleaner kit, thundercone slip-on mufflers, and the chip upgrade. I installed the closest map they had, which was the 803-127, but I don't think that map is close enough. I talked to dynojet, and all I get is that is all they have for right now. It still pops through the exhaust. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Nomad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Power Commander Map
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 01:51:01 PM »

I also put a power commander on my 02 SE Road King and I wound up having to have it put on a dyno with a exhaust gas analyzer and hand program it to get it right.  Even so, until the engine is warmed up it will still sometimes pop and crackle on deceleration.  It helped the performance quite a lot, and even the mileage is up over what it was when stock.  The only changes I've made are an SE hi-flow air breather and vance and hines slip ons, and it does run very strong and sounds great.  I think our bikes are just different enough that no one has a pre made map that will work for them.
02 Purple SE Road King
Vance And Hines Oval slip ons
K&N PCIIIR Power Commander
SE high flow air cleaner
HD oil cooler
and Lots of little and expensive chrome things!

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 03:19:48 PM »

Biker77:
Give Brad Yuill at Freedon Cycle in Reno a call (775) 848-8600. They have done some 103 baggers. Not sure about the Thundercones, but he may be able to get you closer. They are an authorized Dynojet tuning center and actually their maps have been more precise than Dynojet's.

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 04:36:36 PM »

PCC, thanks for the info. I will give Brad a call. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 09:49:28 AM »

Well, that didn't work! [smiley=confused5.gif] Brad could not do anything for me. I guess my only option is to ride it 200 miles to the closest dyno, and have it tuned. I think it runs worse than it did before the pc. I have used pc's in the past with my other fi harleys, and never had a problem. There must be somrthing about the 103 ci engine, with the chip upgrade, that throws the pc off. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 09:02:57 PM »

Sorry Biker77, I though he could e-mail a map file to you. [smiley=nervous.gif]

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 08:11:33 AM »

biker77
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 08:12:22 AM by kng103 »

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 11:25:06 AM »

Thanks guys, I will try that for now. I was really torn between the rt and the pc. My dealer does not have a dyno, and when I called to inquire about the rt, the service manager said they do a good job by ear...lol. I had real good luck with the pc, in the past, but I guess the screamin eagle 103 has not caught on with them yet. I installed the only other map they show for the 103, and it shows for stock exhaust, and it took a lot of the popping out, but I know I need a dyno to have a custom map made.

Blackdog

• Long Live The King!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 10:24:11 AM »

Added SE Air Cleaner, new slipons and had ECM reflashed to full stageII on my 02 FLHRSEI.  Bike was still running a little on the lean side.  I then added PCIII and had it tuned on a Dyno with the AFR sniffer.  The bike now runs perfect.  Dyno cost was $124.00

Dave

• Junior CVO Member
  • Head out on the highway, lookin for adventure.....
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 05:51:15 PM »

I called Dynojet (5/25/04) and inquired about a map for a 103 with Bub Rinehart exhaust.
They said the closest they had was 807-127.  Has anyone had a custom map done for an FLHRSEI2 with Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner, stock cams, and Bub Rinehart Dual Exhaust?  Can you make the file an attachment to an e-mail and send it to: dkmcdonnell@msn.com.

If so, I'll buy you a beer/soda (your choice) at Sturgis 04

Thanks!

Dave
dkm

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 07:47:22 PM »

Dave, good luck. If you happen upon a good map for you setup, let me know. I have been looking, with no luck. They told me the same thing. They have only two maps for the 103, and neither one works very well. I am going to have mine dyno tuned for a custom map.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 07:44:43 AM »

I will do mine soon but I have 257 cams
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 07:57:49 AM »

Cabo, I have a friend that is about to start selling a new type of dyno. The manufacture of this dyno comes from europe, and is suppose to be able to measure true rear wheel H/P, not static. He called me yesterday and is going to be getting one next week to train and learn on. He asked me if I could bring my serk and have it dynoed and mapped. He is in the DF/W area. Would you be interested in letting him dyno your bike? It would be FREE. Let me know, and I will ask him if it would be okay. I can't see a problem, he wants to do quite a few to learn on.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 02:12:59 PM »

I would be interested.. is he able to do any mapping of the power commander?

You can PM me with more details so as not to bore everyone else [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thank you!
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Dave

• Junior CVO Member
  • Head out on the highway, lookin for adventure.....
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004, 01:10:49 PM »

Well I have the map which was made for a fellow with the same modifications as I have.  I loaded it and took a 480 mile trip and I think it
dkm
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.