Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Few Irritating things about the CVO's  (Read 19935 times)

LRS

Few Irritating things about the CVO's
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:01:07 PM »

Anybody else irritated about these thing on a $38,000.00 Bike.

1) Tour Pack Hinges?
2) Clutch Hydraulic Hose Running through he Inner Fairing? Can't it be ran like the Front Brake Hose, though the Handle Bar Opening?
3) Bolts holding Passenger Adjustable Foot Pads?

How many other things can others think of?

05SEEGer2

• Full CVO Member
  • US Army (Ret) 1984-2005

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl/Stingray Silver
Re: Few Irritating things about the CVO's
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »

Non chromed starter?
Yes, it has a Hemi in it.

Proud Member of the Colorado Patriot Guard.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »

No center stand.
No oil temp gauge (WHY do they still have that useless air temp gauge?)

If you don't like the hinges, wait a few more years when the latches start breaking. Vibration and the weight of a passanger leaning on it slowly torques the lid slightly out of alignment. This causes the latches to break. Not limited to CVOs obviously.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »

I could care less about the tour pack hinges and don't have floorboards.....but they sure should have chrome brake calipers. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 12:07:43 AM »

I could care less about the tour pack hinges and don't have floorboards.....but they sure should have chrome brake calipers. :2vrolijk_21:

I agree, JC. In general I think they do a very good job on the CVOs... but some things they leave off really should be installed. I think they try to balance everything by having chrome in key spots - but not too much of it... so as not to distract viewers'  eyes from the beautiful paint jobs on these bikes.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 12:08:25 AM »

Amen to all of that bro's.  Added chrome hinges, hate the control cables, would love to have chrome calipers, STOOPID air temp guage (after all these years of all of us saying how useless it is) fer chrissakes!, and don't forget the mid-frame air deflectors which channel heat right onto your legs when moving.  (just figured that one out)
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 12:17:12 AM »

2) Clutch Hydraulic Hose Running through he Inner Fairing? Can't it be ran like the Front Brake Hose, though the Handle Bar Opening?

I asked this same question to an HD Rep at the Long Beach bike show. He said the reason the hydraulic hose is routed through the fairing is due to design. The non CVO bikes, use a clutch cable, and that cable needs to be curved and bent at certain angles to achieve a smooth non drag pull. If the cable is routed straight down the frame it may develop drag or hang, especially with the bars turned. The best route for the cable he said is through the fairing. The CVO bikes use the exact same inner fairing as the cable operated bikes, so HD just routes the hose through the same opening.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 12:23:04 AM »

I asked this same question to an HD Rep at the Long Beach bike show. He said the reason the hydraulic hose is routed through the fairing is due to design. The non CVO bikes, use a clutch cable, and that cable needs to be curved and bent at certain angles to achieve a smooth non drag pull. If the cable is routed straight down the frame it may develop drag or hang, especially with the bars turned. The best route for the cable he said is through the fairing. The CVO bikes use the exact same inner fairing as the cable operated bikes, so HD just routes the hose through the same opening.

That's kind of like them saying "We know the CVOs come with a hydraulic clutch... it's just too much trouble for us to route the line differently for them."  All in the name of "manufacturing efficiency" at the expense of doing things from the customers' perspective for these very EXPEN$IVE motorcycles...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 12:32:34 AM »

That's kind of like them saying "We know the CVOs come with a hydraulic clutch... it's just too much trouble for us to route the line differently for them."  All in the name of "manufacturing efficiency" at the expense of doing things from the customers' perspective for these very EXPEN$IVE motorcycles...

That IS what they are saying. And if they did route it differently there would still be a hole in the fairing. I guess they could come up with a special "CVO Plug" for it,....LOL!!!!

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 12:37:04 AM »

1) Hinges, its a CVO everything else it top notch, the stock ones look cheap like they are trying to save a buck and don't fit the look
2) Bluetooth, it's 2012 (model wise) catch up
3) All FL's - amp under fairing, it's not that hard so we can put detachable kit on if we want.
4) CVO rear fender on all FL's and not available for anyone else, it says CVO when you see it should not be available for purchase just like lighted dash
5) Thicker bars, chrome or black the 1 inchers look wimpy
6) HK radio updated with internal drive for MP3, usb port, 665 with weather Garmin hooked up to allow MP3 and bluetooth integration for helmet connection
7) 120R nuff said
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:38:43 AM by hotroadking »
"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 08:22:25 AM »

Chrome starter solenoid cover
Chrome Triple-Tree Air Baffle (not sure why this baffle isn't stock on all baggers.)

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 08:55:40 AM »

That IS what they are saying. And if they did route it differently there would still be a hole in the fairing. I guess they could come up with a special "CVO Plug" for it,....LOL!!!!
[/quote       

chrome "cvo plug". just saying. :nixweiss:
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »

Then they could charge more for having it color matched to the inner fairing and they would probably VIN protect it for CVO's only!

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 09:02:18 AM »

chrome starter

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »

Fugly lower fairing doors on CVO Ultras.

Gas splash back from the most poorly designed gas tank fill tube on any bike I have ever owned.  Capless gas tanks for all CVO's.  Use a splash guard to fill on this POS.  Not a prob on the old 5 gl tank.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 21 queries.