Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Wards Parts Werks Cooling Fans  (Read 19174 times)

slimdude

• Junior CVO Member
  • 07 Fxstsse

• CVO1: 2007 CVO Springer
Re: Wards Parts Werks Cooling Fans
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 12:52:05 PM »

Sweet! Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like I should be set on go!  :orange:

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »

Which way to these fans move the air? Do they blow on the engine or draw the air away?
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »

Which way to these fans move the air? Do they blow on the engine or draw the air away?

They blow the air at high velocity right onto the hottest part of the cylinder heads. That's why they work so well.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

pedman

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 10:58:45 PM »

Trouble free for over a year.

ggbiw

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »

Ordered for a 2012 CVO Street Glide.  CVO powder coat. Hopefully get them before we head to Daytona Beach. :)
1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 10:57:41 AM »

where are you hiding the wiring to the fans? do not want to take tank off.  Thanks

pedman

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »

We just lifted the tank. It was not removed. 30 minute job tops.

Slopokes72

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 citron yellow/black....totaled
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 11:23:45 AM »

I installed them on my '13 cvo ultra last year and haven't gone into heat management since.  Also installed the lower temp thermostat.  works great!  Highly recommend this product.  Great customer service as well!
Remember, its not the destination its the ride!! 
Ride Safe!

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »

Installed mine this past summer with the thermal switch. I like the 'set it and forget it' aspect of it. Never had any issues with overheating afterwards when caught in traffic. Highly recommended.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 01:43:24 PM »

Does anyone think that this would be a problem with the Wards?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/finned-headbolt-bridge-pa-04-61400148--1

I am wondering if you would get better cooling with or without these?

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2014, 09:34:12 PM »

Tank off? To wire?

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 11:06:07 PM »

Tank off? To wire?
Not on my BO. Ran it up directly under the seat and connected it to the battery.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2014, 11:45:51 PM »

Tank off? To wire?

On my 11.5 CUSE6 I unbolted and lifted the rear of the tank then ran and secured the wires. No difficulty at all.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 Road King in Sapphire Blue (Saphira)
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »

Ok, guys - got something I'm struggling with that I could use some opinions on.  First things first - no matter what your opinion is, I'm gonna value it and appreciate you for providing it (even if you say I'm stupid - I already hear that somewhat consistently from my better half).

I'm debating on getting a set of these, which somewhat sets off a domino effect of what I was previously going to do (which includes parts I've already bought).  Problem is, I don't know if I really need them or not.  I KNOW they work from what I've read here and on other sites - I just don't know if I really need them.  Here's why - I live in Michigan, and for now am a casual rider.  I ride back and forth to work when the weather is forecasted to be decent and will take an occasional day-long ride with friends or a couple different groups.  I've never been in stop-and-go traffic yet, but it would be foolish of me to assume that I never will.  Eventually, I'll want to take some longer trips with my baby (may go to Sturgis in August).  I know that my 2013 SERK has got the better oil cooler on it, and that the engine has the limp mode of disabling the rear cylinder if necessary.  I don't know if that feature was available on 2011 or 2012 models or not.  Getting back to the domino effect I mentioned earlier, I was planning on putting the chrome headbolts on the engine (yes, I know they're not SUPPOSED to go on there but I know a few CVO'ers have done it).  I HATE the way the plug area looks on the cylinders, and while the finned bridges are better than nothing, I like the chrome headbolt bridges more.  If I get the FCS solution, I know I won't be able to do the chrome headbolt bridges and will have to return them.

So, here's where my original request comes in:

Based on my data above,

• Do I need to get the FCS at all, or will I be good enough running without them?
  • For those that have them, how loud are they when the bike is running (realize this could be a broad spectrum with pipe choice, etc)?
  • For those that have them AND have audio on their bikes, when these are running does it affect your ability to hear your tunes?
  • Any issues I should be aware of if I DO decide to get them?
  • Anyone also try to use WPW Thermostat with the oil cooler that is on our CVO's?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to provide some input,

Tru

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 10:01:40 PM »

Your riding habbits seem simmillar to mine although my wife and I regularly take off on all day rides on the weekends and we do take several multi-day trips during the season.
1. do you NEED them? probably not a NEED but any increase of airflow across the engine is good in my opinion. I am convinced they are worthwhile expenditure based on my experience with them - the 11.5 has the "limp" mode and since I installed these it has not activated where before the install it would activate quite often on the daylong trips in the summer.
2. I can't even hear them at all when running down the road, and even at a complete stop I can only tell they kick on by feeling the air moving and hitting my right knee - one drawback is if it's REALLY hot out I have to move my leg out of the way at a stoplight because the air coming away from the engine is HOT which tells me the fans are doing their job.
3. in a word, no
4. see number two - if it's above 90* degrees out you will feel the hot air at a stop - NOT underway. If you use the thermal switch(which I recommend) you will get lots of comments, looks and questions as they cycle off/on after you park, with everyone wanting to know where you got them. I keep a few of Jason's buisiness cards in the toupak  :huepfenlol2:
5. see my reply #13 in this thread - the Wards T'stat works well based om my obervations.

Just currious why not use the chrome bridges? I understand the finned ones would allow more air movement but the fans would still circulate the air around the rest of the cylinder head with the chrome ones on and I don't think they would interfere with the installation of the thermal switch, but I've been wrong before....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:04:36 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 21 queries.