Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: backfiring after dyno tuned?  (Read 1513 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
backfiring after dyno tuned?
« on: August 25, 2004, 10:18:37 PM »

someone please explain to me why after getting my 04 flhrsei/cvo 103 cubic inch, dyno tuned on the latest style dyno machine(dyno jet 250 I) that the results were 95 horse power, 98 torque, the bike runs well but idles very rough and loud pops and backfires when letting off the throttle. (sounds like my old shovel head with the baffles out).  It is annoying, bike has s/e slipons stageone airfilter and a s/e racetuner installed.  my air to fuel ratio was 13/1,  what went wrong I thought this bike woulld run better and sound better.  if I knew this i would have left it alone.  Is this normal or should I have it re dyno
who screwed up me for doing this to perfectly good bike or my dyno tuner at the harley dealership. [smiley=worthless.gif].

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: backfiring after dyno tuned?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 11:15:44 PM »

Those of us with similar mods all turned right around 100 horse and 104 lb. ft of torque......within a horse or two and within a couple pound feet of torque.  You may have somebody who doesn't have a lot of experience at tuning the race tuner for the 103".  Post your dyno sheet where we all posted ours.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 11:35:14 PM »

your probibly right , i looked into this  and could only find one dealer that acted like they knew what was up  on this DYNO TUNING  , (smalts hd in eagle pa. ) ,  but i guess i was wrong ,  any info i can get on this would be  HELP FULL

starvin

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 08:10:56 AM »

hey laylonlor, I have the exact same Mods. on mine. I played around with the race tuner myself for quite a while and had the bike running good and then had it dyno tuned, they got me 3 more hp and better gas mileage. Ended up with 89.4hp and 95.4 torque I'm happy with the way the bike runs. I saw others overheating at sturgis and mine was fine, many miles at 90mph two up fully loaded no problems so I'm not going to worry that I'm not getting 100hp. If your familiar with the RT i can send you my map and you can compare to yours or even load it into your bike, hopefully you have a copy of yours so you can always put yours back in. The maps have to be sent over E-mail for some reason they can't be sent on this format so you would need to send me a pesonal message with a e-mail address.
                                                                         Dave

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 08:39:25 AM »

starvin, what is the file extension for the map files? i'll add it to the upload list
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

starvin

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 10:40:33 AM »

naitram, .MT2 are the map file extension, also .DM2 is the data recorder file extension, you could watch someones bike run.
                                                                    thanks

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 11:22:43 AM »

Laylonlor here is a link to the original dyno thread.............
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 11:32:55 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.