Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Lock Buttons Not Working.  (Read 2109 times)

jvanderpool

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

Power Lock Buttons Not Working.
« on: February 13, 2018, 02:42:53 PM »

Hello All,

I have a 2016 CVO Limited.  I doubt the issues are related, but in the last month both the rear TPMS has stopped reading and the power lock switch on the dash has stop working.  Of course it is just a few months past the warranty.  Focusing on on one issue at a time, I will start with the locks.  Both the lock and unlock work perfect for all three boxes and the forks when you use the FOB.  However, neither work from the dash switch.  The lights on the buttons themselves light up fine but nothing else happens.  The head/tail lights do not blink and the horn does not chirp.  I have even changed out the switch with no luck.  I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice before I take it to a dealer.  Thanks a  million in advance for any advice.     

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
Re: Power Lock Buttons Not Working.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »

stick your key in the ignition switch and play with it lock unlock a couple times then make sure its all the way to normal and see if that will help it worked for me i must have not turned it all the way back to on with the key try it and see   

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »

New battery, Mine did the same thing.
Bill

jvanderpool

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 03:25:06 PM »

Thank you both for your responses.  I tried working the lock manually with key several times.  No luck. 

The battery is only about 2 years old and holds a consistent charge.  The bike fires right up without an issue even after sitting for a week.  I figured if it had battery issues it would be hard to start.  Also I would think that while the bike is running the alternator would overcome a weak battery and the locks would work.  I could be 100% wrong, but it defies the normal logical signs of a weak battery.

I really appreciate the help.

JR

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 04:04:05 PM »

Have you traced the wires back to the module to make certain they are connected and not broken?  You indicated you already changed the switch, but if there is a terminal pushout or a broken wire in the circuit that could account for the backlight for the switch working but not the actual locks. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 08:42:24 PM »

Battery in the FOB. When I picked up my new bike one of the FOB batteries was just about dead.
Bill

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 09:30:52 PM »

Battery in the FOB. When I picked up my new bike one of the FOB batteries was just about dead.
Don't think that's the case here from what was stated in the original post...

Hello All,

I have a 2016 CVO Limited.  I doubt the issues are related, but in the last month both the rear TPMS has stopped reading and the power lock switch on the dash has stop working.  Of course it is just a few months past the warranty.  Focusing on on one issue at a time, I will start with the locks.  Both the lock and unlock work perfect for all three boxes and the forks when you use the FOB.  However, neither work from the dash switch.  The lights on the buttons themselves light up fine but nothing else happens.  The head/tail lights do not blink and the horn does not chirp.  I have even changed out the switch with no luck.  I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice before I take it to a dealer.  Thanks a  million in advance for any advice.     

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.