Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: D&D Fat Cat ...Nice Fit!  (Read 7925 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: D&D FatCat PROBLEMS
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »

So I guess when a newbie reads YOUR  ABOVE post they will have negative thoughts about buying a D&D Fatcat.
Geeeeeezzzzzzz, lets just bash someone or some company and then leave it for all to read even if they are trying to resolve the issue.
Heck, even copy the same post and post it on other sites.

quote author=1abastarsmda link=topic=35301.msg564840#msg564840 date=1238621973]
 I guess it's my fault too for accepting that response and not asking to speak with someone else like I did on this call.
[/quote]

Did this problem happen today?
I don't think so.
But it's a lot easier to whine post about a problem than actually taking the time to get it fixed.
D&D is a good company that makes a good product.
I have yet to find any company that makes their product perfect.
I may strive for perfection but satisfaction is my ultimate goal.
My D&D's may not be perfect but for the satisfaction they give, I'm happy!

Hope it all works out for you.
I'm sure we will hear it if it doesn't!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Dave

Thanks for the update!

:2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:57:47 AM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »

So I guess when a newbie reads YOUR  ABOVE post they will have negative thoughts about buying a D&D Fatcat.
Geeeeeezzzzzzz, lets just bash someone or some company and then leave it for all to read even if they are trying to resolve the issue.
Heck, even copy the same post and post it on other sites.

quote author=1abastarsmda link=topic=35301.msg564840#msg564840 date=1238621973]
 I guess it's my fault too for accepting that response and not asking to speak with someone else like I did on this call.

Did this problem happen today?
I don't think so.
But it's a lot easier to whine post about a problem than actually taking the time to get it fixed.
D&D is a good company that makes a good product.
I have yet to find any company that makes their product perfect.
I may strive for perfection but satisfaction is my ultimate goal.
My D&D's may not be perfect but for the satisfaction they give, I'm happy!

Hope it all works out for you.
I'm sure we will hear it if it doesn't!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I sent you a PM on this.

phattey

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's the journey...

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 Sold
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 08:30:08 PM »

My Factat w/ghost pipe came in Monday for my '09 flhx. I didn't install yet, but did look at the fitment and even assembled the pipes to ensure a regular fit. So far so good...

I am expecting 10,000 HP with these so anything less will just not do... ::)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »

My Factat w/ghost pipe came in Monday for my '09 flhx. I didn't install yet, but did look at the fitment and even assembled the pipes to ensure a regular fit. So far so good...

Just takes the right tuner!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 10:14:16 PM »

You may not get 10,000 horsies out of it, but I think you'll like the performance.  They think it may be a problem with the heat shield on mine.  After looking at it again, I tend to agree.  It appears that the shield may be twisted a bit, so I may very well have received an isolated problem part.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »

I'm sorry, I know that D&D is having trouble with the chromer right now. I asked whether you went straight to D&D for the purchase of the ghost pipe to assertain who is beholding to you for the refund. If you went through a dealer(that would be my guess) then they would be the ones taken to task over the delay of your refund money.

Eric at hdpipes.com already took care of crediting my card, so he didn't waste any time in resolving his end of things.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: D&D Fat Cat ...Nice Fit!
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 06:48:01 AM »

Glad it worked out and sometimes it's the simplest of chit.  :-\ Guess the lesson is to check around here before bichn as many have been there done that. Junior and I fought like hell over the weekend installing a headlight trim ring on his RK. S O B wouldn't go on right. Biched to the and everything. Two days later we put it on w/o a problem in 5 minutes and it looks great. Who woulda thunk?!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are that chits funny   :D

JW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »

I need to make a public apology to D&D Exhaust here and retract most of what I said.  I just loosened the heat shields and they moved right into place.  I probably deserve the jacka$$ of the year award.  I relied on my dealer to install my exhaust correctly.  I found that 2 of the clamps weren't even tightened.  I'm surprised that I didn't have any rattles.  I am feeling like a real idiot right now.  It took me all of 10 minutes or less to put the shields in place.  They are about as close to perfect as I could ever expect out of something like this.

I will call them in the morning to apologize to them directly.  I'm still not pleased about never receiving my Ghost pipe from them, however I also appreciate the fact that they didn't send one that wasn't correct.  I am going to reorder the Ghost pipe again, for two reasons.  First, I really want it but more importantly now, I feel like such a chithead, and I'd feel worse if I didn't buy something else from them to try to make amends.

If anyone wants to take a stab at me for this, now's is the time to hit me when I deserve it most.  I'm ready to take my lashings like a man.

Go ahead a blow a bowel over something before taking a good look at it, its the amercian effin way...

Heee hawwwww... :D

AMP

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 09:52:50 AM »

Great to read that you got your problems resolved. And good on ya for retracting your earlier frustrations. We're all human, but it takes someone with integrity to admit it.

Again, GOOD FOR YOU!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »

Thanks guys.  I won't be surprised if someone shows up at York with a specially made "DUNCE" cover for my helmet.

hogasm

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 07:58:23 PM »

Thanks guys.  I won't be surprised if someone shows up at York with a specially made "DUNCE" cover for my helmet.

That's a good one......hadn't thought of something that bad :coolblue:

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »

I need to make a public apology to D&D Exhaust here and retract most of what I said.  I just loosened the heat shields and they moved right into place.  I probably deserve the jacka$$ of the year award.  I relied on my dealer to install my exhaust correctly.  I found that 2 of the clamps weren't even tightened.  I'm surprised that I didn't have any rattles.  I am feeling like a real idiot right now.  It took me all of 10 minutes or less to put the shields in place.  They are about as close to perfect as I could ever expect out of something like this.

I will call them in the morning to apologize to them directly.  I'm still not pleased about never receiving my Ghost pipe from them, however I also appreciate the fact that they didn't send one that wasn't correct.  I am going to reorder the Ghost pipe again, for two reasons.  First, I really want it but more importantly now, I feel like such a chithead, and I'd feel worse if I didn't buy something else from them to try to make amends.

If anyone wants to take a stab at me for this, now's is the time to hit me when I deserve it most.  I'm ready to take my lashings like a man.

I am glad it all worked out.
My recent experience with them has been that they are great to deal with.
Their fit and finish has been second to none, so I was surprised that you had a problem.
in the end No Harm no foul.
you did the right thing, many would not admit their mistake.   
Happy riding, maybe see you out on the road
(if I ever get my bike back)
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »

Believe Me, you do not need to give anyone of us an idea like that
 :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »

I have the hat for you
Formally FLHTCUSE3
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.