Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speakers - Rockford Fosgate vs J&M 7.25  (Read 2655 times)

Warhawk

• Full CVO Member
    • AR
Speakers - Rockford Fosgate vs J&M 7.25
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »

I ordered a set of J&M 7.25 inch speakers for my "new to me" 2004 SEEG.  I opened the fairing today to install them and found a set of Rockford Fosgate T152C speakers already installed.

Are the J&M speakers going to be better?  Will they be $200+ better?  I am leaning toward sending the J&M's back for a refund.

I had a lot of vibration of the fairing, and having owned two Electra Glides previously, and both had broken fairing brackets ... I expected to find at least one broken on this bike.  They were both fine.  I put on a new Longrider Ultra windshield and ditched the triple windshield bag.  The vibration is largely gone and must have been cuased by the triple WS bag.  Luckily it did not damage the finish on the inner fairing.

Also received my new exhaust end caps today (EBAY find) so I have just the wheels left (waiting on a new tire to get here) and I'll have taken care of all the bad chrome on this bike ... woohoo!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:14:21 PM by Warhawk »

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Speakers - Rockford Fosgate vs J&M 7.25
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »

I did a Google search on the J&M's to see what the specs were... and look what the first hit was... :nixweiss:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/579060-speakers-rockford-fosgate-vs-j-and-m-7-25-a.html

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.