CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

New updates for the 23.5 and 24's with the IFCU

(1/3) > >>

FLSTFI Dave:
IFCUSkylineâ„¢ OS REC 240002213D INSTANA_240002213D
INSTANA_240002237D See Infotainment Control Unit (IFCU) Support Resources for installation instructions. IFCUSkylineâ„¢ OS 240002237D

It requires two USB-C drives to do.  The first one is a smallish update.  The second one is a larger one with several updates, around 9 gigs.  No one seems to be able to do it with a MAC. 

This applies to the 23.5 CVO, the 24 CVO and the CVO ST and the 24 street glide and 24 road glide.

OBB:
I did my 24 last night. A couple of notes.

Make sure your battery is fully charged. The 23.5 CVO will not charge the battery using a tender while in accy mode. The non CVO bikes will. Not sure about the 24 CVO.

If your headlights come on in accy mode, hit the flash to pass feature and it should turn them off.

After unzipping the files, be sure to click on the folder you just downloaded. The first folder will have an identical folder in the subdirectory. That is the one you want to drag onto the thumb drive. There are three folders and one file in the second download. Those are the ones you want to drag onto your second thumb drive.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave:
The second part of the update, USB-2 will not work from a MAC.

I had the dealer update mine yesterday afternoon.  One of the things its suppose to fix is the issue with it not connecting reliably with CarPlay.  Took three tries to get CarPlay to load when leaving dealer after update.  LOL.

It did remove the Heated grip from being on dash unless you actually turn them on, which is nice.  It did expand coverage of the CarPlay screen.

I'm not sure what else it did.  I'm hoping it corrects the not muting music for incoming calls, texts and nav prompts.

OBB:
I just hope it fixed the annoying switching to Bluetooth from another music source whenever you get a text or a notification on your phone like your ring doorbell going off. That is annoying as hell.

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: OBB on March 15, 2024, 02:07:10 PM ---I just hope it fixed the annoying switching to Bluetooth from another music source whenever you get a text or a notification on your phone like your ring doorbell going off. That is annoying as hell.

--- End quote ---
Joe has said the same thing.  I guess cause I always plug my phone in I haven't noticed that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version