CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

xm radio has no volume

<< < (2/5) > >>

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: daereal on April 27, 2013, 04:22:33 PM ---The Bike came with the Garman 665  NIM, the original owner kept the unit but and the harness ( holder)  is still installed on the bike,  the xm is part of the Harmon Karmon on the bike  ( all stock cvl 2012) so when I select xm radio on the stereo it should come through the speakers but there is no sound?  fm radio, am radio etc works and sound is coming out?  it's strange?  so not sure if the GPS unit needs to be put in the holster? but I can;t imagine that?

--- End quote ---
Have you opened the fairing to confirm the XM module is still there/hooked up? Since you mention the previous owner had and kept the 665 (which has XM capabilities) could be possible that he disconnected/sold the HK XM module. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

daereal:
Ok thank ya,  I'm off to the shop with a bud light to get into the faring,  I was hoping it was just a setting or a flick of a switch but I'll go get into the faring and see what's up.  I can't imagine someone would take out the xm box,  I hope not but I'll update once I find out..

1abastarsmda:
If there is not an XM module attached, you would not have XM as a selection on the radio, therefore the module is there.  Your problem is not a missing XM module.

daereal:
15 Bud Lights later, fairing is off and...  all is there, xm aux modal box, antennta etc.  i unplugged the xm modal box and the xm selection on the Haran karman went off,  Plugged back in and sure enough  xm selection came back on..   i called xm satellite to ask if there was any security issue on my new subscription or on the stereo and they said nope... They then sent another signal down to the radio to be sure..  I am getting channels and  all options for stations but no sound..  sat signal bars of full reception ( 3 )  So the douche bag also kept the i pod that came with it and the stereo plays my i phone 4 tunes but won;t recognize the i pad for channel selection etc..  It's gotta be the gps but I can;t imagine that just hooking up the factory gps unit to the holster would make the xm radio section work to play over the speakers...  the fm, am works,  aux in works on the i phone, the ipod selectoin works ( sort of ) but plays,,  haven;t even tried the cb option ,,no patience for that, not sure if he took the cb stuff and kept it??  but,,,, any idea's from here?   i'm trying?? tell me it's a mute button or something???

1abastarsmda:
I don't think it has any bearing on it, but I would try the speaker control switch next to the ignition switch.  Try all 3 positions.  Having the GPS mounted has nothing to do with it.  When you had them send a signal for the XM, did you have your bike out in an open area for a while at the time.  I remember back when I subscribed to XM, they told me that even if it looked like I was getting the signal coming in, leave the bike sit for whatever the amount of time was that they told me, or it wouldn't function correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version