Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Dealership said I showed Disrespect!!! THOUGHTS?  (Read 3323 times)

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
Re: Dealership said I showed Disrespect!!! THOUGHTS?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 03:24:11 PM »

If I have a H-D shirt on, I typically wear one from someplace far away.  I'm not sure I got one from my dealer (maybe when bikes were purchased) and I like him.   

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 03:32:08 PM »

i dunno, i see the dealer's point of view.  if it were a dealer from way far away that would be one thing, but from a competitor?  but i do think that you are being overly sensitive about it.  the dealer considered you a good longstanding customer and would rather have you advertising for him rather than his competitor.  so he handled you with respect and gave you a free t shirt.  sounds like a win-win to me.  dealer gets you advertising for him, and you get to add to your t shirt collection.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 04:02:36 PM »

^^^^
Ditto.

Should make you feel like a VIP. Congrats on the new shirt. Sounds like a good day.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

ultrarider123

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 05:17:39 PM »

When I visited regular, I was always cognizant of where I was going, local dealer wise. I tried not to wear one dealer shirt to another local dealer...just good relations as I've bought bikes from all three.
That being said, I wouldn't put much into the dealer making that request of you and as others have said, you got a free shirt and the blessing of knowing where you stand with them....good day all around  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:55:11 AM by Haird »

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 06:58:04 PM »

1 of 3 things:

1. Somebody (a customer or an employee) told the owner look at our customer wearing that XYZs dealer shirt & he was "concerned"

2. XYZ dealer did something that scorched the owner's underwear & he has not gotten over it

3. The owner is somewhat insecure & needs to see his store name on t shirts on as many people as possible. Ego deal.

Doesn't matter really, you got a free t shirt to add to your 50+ collection.

I pick #3.   

Enjoy your new free shirt. 

Gee I wonder if you could go over to the other dealer and get a freet-shirt from them too.   ;D

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 07:04:07 PM »

I would have continued to wear the original shirt just to piss them off further!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 09:00:32 PM »

1 of 3 things:

1. Somebody (a customer or an employee) told the owner look at our customer wearing that XYZs dealer shirt & he was "concerned"

2. XYZ dealer did something that scorched the owner's underwear & he has not gotten over it

3. The owner is somewhat insecure & needs to see his store name on t shirts on as many people as possible. Ego deal.

Doesn't matter really, you got a free t shirt to add to your 50+ collection.

Sounds like a combination of all 3 actually.

I had a dealer do that to me... I laughed... you want to give me a free shirt??? sure.. I had just bought 4. I'll take 1 more. I picked the most expensive one off the shelf. I'm no dummy. 

It's not like you put on a HD shirt with a dealers name to piss someone off.... it's about the brand. Not the dealer.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 09:02:33 PM »

I sort of understand the dealer owners point.  I have two dealers closer to my home than the one I use.  The one I use is 56 miles away.  I know he does not like seeing his competitor dealers tee shirts on his customers.  I have not hear of him saying anything to a customer, but I have heard it though staff.

So me being a customer who as bought 15 bikes in 10 years from them, and most know my wife and I buy lots of bikes from them, I do not wear Dealer Tee shirts in his store unless they are from another State, usually 1000 miles or more away.

Wonder if I did wear another local dealer shirt in if he would give me a free shirt.   :D
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 09:10:05 PM »

I sort of understand the dealer owners point.  I have two dealers closer to my home than the one I use.  The one I use is 56 miles away.  I know he does not like seeing his competitor dealers tee shirts on his customers.  I have not hear of him saying anything to a customer, but I have heard it though staff.

So me being a customer who as bought 15 bikes in 10 years from them, and most know my wife and I buy lots of bikes from them, I do not wear Dealer Tee shirts in his store unless they are from another State, usually 1000 miles or more away.

Wonder if I did wear another local dealer shirt in if he would give me a free shirt.   :D

This is the electronic age... its not like people dont know where the next store is.

If I'm travelling I'm asking where the other store is to see if the staff is honest. If you lie to me the amount I spend in your store goes down.

The dealership here drove the others OUT of business. Its a big joke now that they THINK they are the only game in town...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 09:42:19 PM »

You're not at fault but definitely overthinking. Your dealer was feeling insecure for whatever reason. It was their promotional function and they handled you with respect, if not kid gloves. They gave you a nice shirt. Be flattered.

Best response I have read.
My shirts solve that issue.
I wear Dale's Wheels Through Time shirts.
It's nice to have a picture of a bike on my shirt that's older than me!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 10:11:23 PM »

Bought 12 new Harley's from my local dealer over 28 years. Thought we were "friends". Rode in on a new BMW K1600B or Bagger and asked the owner to check it out, he barely looked at it and said, you'll be trading it for another Harley within 2 years.

Felt it would have been smarter to congratulate me, reassuring that he's always there when I want a Harley. Further state that he likes performance machines. ( he owns Porches ) .

It kinda made it clear, we are just customers. A source of revenue. If that stops, so does everything else. I'm glad I learned my lesson.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 06:36:17 AM »

You're not at fault but definitely overthinking. Your dealer was feeling insecure for whatever reason. It was their promotional function and they handled you with respect, if not kid gloves. They gave you a nice shirt. Be flattered.
Agreed!   Your bike was probably drawing a lot of attention at their event.   They were cool with you.   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2019, 10:34:59 AM »

My favorite t-shirts are the ones that came from the GTG t-shirt swap. I agree a free shirt is ok.

Tail Rider

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 08:08:18 AM »

Only the Dealer/dealership knew you as the "preferred" customer...anybody not knowing you would think the opposite and think that this guy is from this other dealership and he comes here. Works both ways...usually to their benefit!

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2019, 09:23:49 AM »

I wear a Hurley shirt when I ride the Hurley Davidson...    I'm an old surfer at heart and there's no conflicts!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.