Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New to the site - Help!  (Read 2937 times)

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
New to the site - Help!
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »

I think the 2001 FXDWG2 is one of the best looking bikes and am considering buying one.  Anything I should look for that relates specifically for this bike?  I found a couple on Ebay and a few on Cycle Trader.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: New to the site - Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:33:44 PM »

Welcome to the site!

Yeah, the WG2s (and 3s) are sweet-looking machines!  If you haven't already done so, I'd start by reading all 4 pages of posts in this forum, but I don't recall any specific issues with these models.  One thing some folks don't realize right off the bat is that the WG2/3 is a TC88, not a 95-inch (or larger displacement) engine.  Not that that's any show-stopper, just something to be aware of.

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I purchased a 1200 Sportster last year to be sure I wanted to get back into biking and that has worked out okay.  Most of the trips for me are normally around town here, nothing very far on a weekend basis (usually 150 miles per day max).  Are all of these bikes Screaming Eagle or is that a different model?  Steve.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 11:09:40 PM »

Well, all the bikes we talk about here on the forum are CVOs (short for Custom Vehicle Operations), but it wasn't until the 2003 model year that "Screamin' Eagle" was used in the name of each model offered.  Before '03 only the CVO Road Glide and Road King models carried the Screamin' Eagle moniker, even though there were a couple other models produced by CVO group between '99 and then, the FXR2/3/4 and FXDWG2/3.

For a "Historty of CVO" see here: http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/CVOs/CVO_History_Popup.jsp?locale=en_US

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 07:08:50 PM »

;D
I did purchase the 2001 and it looks great.  Thanks for all of the help.  Steve.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 09:46:51 PM »

Congrats, Steve! :2vrolijk_21:  Let's see a photo when you get a chance!  That red's a real sharp bike! ;)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 08:17:14 PM »

I think the 2001 FXDWG2 is one of the best looking bikes and am considering buying one.  Anything I should look for that relates specifically for this bike?  I found a couple on Ebay and a few on Cycle Trader.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve.

Yea Baby....I told you there was a frenzy starting...It started down in Texas, then went up to Colorado....You could be next!!...Greg.
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 05:05:06 AM »

The bike's PO had the pipes changed to Hooker loooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg pipes.  Way too long.  I ordered a set up V&H staggered Big Shots and they should be here on Thursday, ready for the weekend!

Great weather forcast too.

Sounds like a good weekend coming. :) :) :huepfenjump3:

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 11:13:43 PM »

Weather was PERFECT this past weekend!  Great time on bike.  I have ANOTHER newie question.  I am looking for a service manual and ran across a manual for a 2001 Dyna on EBAY.  Is there a specific service manual for the FXDWG2 or is the Dyna service manual going to cover the CVO?  Thanks, Steve.

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 12:36:16 AM »

Welcome to the site from SC !!
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 21 queries.