Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: audio control module  (Read 1472 times)

T bone

• Junior CVO Member
audio control module
« on: October 15, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »

Hello all:

This past week, I undertook swapping out the control switch covers on from the stock plastic to chrome. Starting on the RHS,  I noticed that the face of the audio control module had come loose from the module itself. I tried crazy glue but in the final stage (inserting the chrome control cover) the face broke free from the body of the module, rendering the switch dangling downwards. (hope I am explaining this properly)..does anyone know of the right glue that will adhere the faceplate of this module to the module itself or am I in need of a new one?

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: audio control module
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 01:19:56 PM »

From your description I'm not exactly sure what your asking about but Gorilla Glue holds darn near everything and is waterproof.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 01:22:31 PM »

Hello all:

This past week, I undertook swapping out the control switch covers on from the stock plastic to chrome. Starting on the RHS,  I noticed that the face of the audio control module had come loose from the module itself. I tried crazy glue but in the final stage (inserting the chrome control cover) the face broke free from the body of the module, rendering the switch dangling downwards. (hope I am explaining this properly)..does anyone know of the right glue that will adhere the faceplate of this module to the module itself or am I in need of a new one?

Are you saying the button broke off the switch?

If so the audio button can be replaced separately.  They push on a stalk coming out of the switch.  Did it just come off or did the stalk break?

T bone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »

no...at the base of the stalk is a rectangular abs plastic plate that mates to the module behind it ...it would appear that this plate is bonded to the actual module with the use of heat. When trying to push the button onto the stalk, the module behind it separated from it's face plate...which I tried to crazy glue, but to no avail.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »

no...at the base of the stalk is a rectangular abs plastic plate that mates to the module behind it ...it would appear that this plate is bonded to the actual module with the use of heat. When trying to push the button onto the stalk, the module behind it separated from it's face plate...which I tried to crazy glue, but to no avail.

Ooops.  Time to go to the parts counter.

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCU3
    • Calgary Red Knights
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 06:34:54 PM »

JB Weld is the best product I have found (IMHO) :)
Roy J
Past President Calgary Red Knights
Deputy Chief (retired) SFD

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 08:09:42 PM »

JB Weld is the best product I have found (IMHO) :)

Biggest difficulty with any adhesive or chemical welding approach here is that part of what being's adhered has to be able to move (in and out) once it's all done.  Tight quarters.  Enough to bond is very likely to be enough to bond the whole works. 

T bone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »

Two lane...you are so right!...that said, I have tried crazy glue and it did not withstand the forse of pushing the chrome button onto the stalk...with the amount of time and patience it requires to assemble all that is in that very tight box, I don't think I will go through it again..JB weld or not. Parts department please!

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.