Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: indian 5 year warranty offer and $1,500.00 credit  (Read 8529 times)

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
Re: indian 5 year warranty offer and $1,500.00 credit
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 09:02:35 PM »

Indian sales are actually up significantly for 2015 while HD is down. I won't be buying one anytime soon, but did ride one last year before I bought Orange Crush.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

mark

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 09:54:58 PM »

Indian sales are actually up significantly for 2015 while HD is down. I won't be buying one anytime soon, but did ride one last year before I bought Orange Crush.

Their sales could be up, but under expectations.  Something's up or Indian wouldn't be giving away incentives on their leftover 2015s.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 11:08:53 PM »

They are a start up company so of course their sales are up year over year but way behind internal and external projections. First dealer in San Diego is owned by same people as San Diego HD and they have been trying to sell the Indian store for a while now with no real takers. They told me that their financials are very poor and most of the Indian dealers across the country are very disappointed in the performance with only selling used Harleys keeping their heads above water and barely at that. Since Indian is a start up, their are not enough of them on the road for their service departments to stay busy either so they are also trying to go after the Harley business as well. It will be interesting going forward to see what happens with the brand though obviously with a huge company behind them the question will be at the dealer level which the company will be forced to continue to offer incentives like this current offer. Eventually Harley will need to respond with some type of incentive of their own..
Alan

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 09:03:59 AM »

Yes, the dealership level is where Polaris is going to continue to have problems, but there again that's not exactly unusual with a start-up.  Unfortunately they brought the bikes to market at a time when the economy was far from supportive.  Incentives can help the dealerships move the current inventory so they will feel more confident about signing up for new inventory.  I wouldn't be surprised to find there are manufacturer to dealer discounts on top of the publicly announced discounts on the carryover inventory btw.

On the other hand, H-D and it's dealers are well established and they are losing sales year over year.  I'm of the opinion they have finally pizzed off enough of the faithful that it's showing in the sales figures.  After all, not everyone is dumb enough to keep sticking their hands on a hot burner time after time and expecting a different result.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 09:16:07 AM »

I do like the Indian.  I'm not so wild about the fairing, mainly due to that huge chrome piece.  At Bikes Blues and BBQ Indian had tricked out a Chief and most the Chrome was carbon fiber on white bike.  It looked very good.

The vintage is a beautiful bike and excellent competition for the Heritage, and a feel a better bike.  Bags are quick detach, as is back seat, wind shield and back rest. 

I really hope Indian continues to Improve.

The Scout is a cool bike also.

Agree....
Agree....
Agree....although the Scout doesn't fit me well (handlebars, reach).

K'ville Indian had 4 of the Vintage bikes custom painted by a local vendor (they've sold two).  This one really stood out to me...

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »

K'ville Indian had 4 of the Vintage bikes custom painted by a local vendor (they've sold two).  This one really stood out to me...

That shows why I think, if you like a Heritage you will love the Vintage.  That is a beautiful bike, and I think a better value for the money.  Bigger more powerful engine.  quick Detach saddle bags and windshield, it come with quick detach backrest not shown.  Rear pillon is removable also.

Heritage bags are hard mounted.  Backrest is hard mounted. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

mark

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 10:43:22 PM »

That shows why I think, if you like a Heritage you will love the Vintage.  That is a beautiful bike, and I think a better value for the money.  Bigger more powerful engine.  quick Detach saddle bags and windshield, it come with quick detach backrest not shown.  Rear pillon is removable also.

I agree.  If one is looking for that classic style, Indian is the choice.  The Scout is a nice bike too.  However, the touring bikes just don't wow you.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »

The Vintage is more directly comparable to the Road King Classic. The Softail frame and suspension are no where close too the Indain platform. I have owned the Dynas, Softails and Touring bikes and the suspension on the Indians are better. I bought a 2015 Vintage this summer and June and have 8k on it now so I know the bikes well. I am not giving up Harley but i am convinced that the Indian is a very nice machine. Hey if you do not like the look, especially of the hard fairing bikes i have no argument but they are nice riding bikes.

We are buying a Chieftain right now for the wife and I bet she ends up on it more than the SGS. After one three day ride on the Vintage she remarked that the SG rode like a log wagon. She still likes the the SG but wants to have a Chieftain. Since i now have three bikes i will let her have two.

BTW as a start up they are more willing to curt profits to move out the remaining 2015s. One day Harley may have to provide more incentives if they keep with the trend they are setting.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »

Too much going on with this color combo
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »

There went my lunch....
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »

This is NOT how the bike looks in person. Whoever does their online stuff should be replaced. How many times have we seen the Harleys look completely different in person.?

I do agree though if that was there real color it is the worst ever on a bike. The Indian paint does not generally equal the Harley stuff. I am willing to be honest about all the bikes.

That bike that Haird posted a pic of is a one off custom paint job and i have a friend looking at that bike and it is very nice in person.

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »

We have a new Indian dealer in downtown Nashville on 8th Ave South.  I pulled in there one day on my CVO RG just to look and they were very nice but wondered why a CVO would be there.  I think the salesman was a prior HD salesman so knew a bit about my ride.  He did comment he liked my CVO.  Not sure how they are doing as I never see anyone there.  The other area dealer in Murfreesboro seems to be doing a bit better.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »

Dealer network is important to me and Harley certainly has that covered. I don't see an Indian dealer making it as a stand alone dealer, BWTFDIK. Rumor has it the old Savannah Harley Davidson building is gonna be a Indian dealership, good location no doubt. Competition is good for us end users.

I'd like a few of each please.   :pineapple:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 09:20:24 AM »

I'm waiting to see what happens with the BMW concept 101. I would love to see that bike go to production.

BigLew

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 10:39:05 AM »

You know if you wanted to pick up a bike other than HD this would be a nice time to buy an Indian. I was reading the thread about to old for a sport bike and it makes sense that is you have more than one, or certainly two that you would now something  different. I did ride the little Scout and it is fast but no as fast as the V-Rod but for much less money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 1.086 seconds with 21 queries.