Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: HOG MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS SHRINKING EVERY YEAR  (Read 8556 times)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
HOG MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS SHRINKING EVERY YEAR
« on: December 28, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »

Mods move this if need be.

I just received my annual HOG member renewal packet and was surprised to see that the free towing feature has been removed for all membership classes including Life Members. You can purchase an upgrade but........gone.

Also, for the 4th consecutive year at least there is no new membership card.

So, I guess we get a magazine and that's about it.

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
Re: HOG MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS SHRINKING EVERY YEAR
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:30:10 PM »

And don't forget, The Enthusiast (used to be free for everyone), was merged with Hog Tales (part of HOG membership); and is HOG magazine, not much left as far as benefits. HD forgets that HOG is credited with helping to save the company in the eighties.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »

Sorry but I must respectfully correct you. If you look look on page 6 of the adventure guide that came in the kit, you will notice that 1 tow is still covered up to $100.00 per year.

But they have stopped the fly and ride program. My guess is that the stealers didn't want to pay for the shop flunky to pick up and drop of folks at the airport.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:17 PM »

lifer since 1991  every year it gets worst when i sign up much better i wonder if they are aloud to keep taking  and not giving  maybe there is a lawyer out there that would like to look into it
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

not looking for a legal debate but why do think they are obligated to give you anything? as a lifer you havent given them any money 20+ yrs
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »

not looking for a legal debate but why do think they are obligated to give you anything? as a lifer you havent given them any money 20+ yrs

I think the life membership is part of what hurts them revenue-wise... once a lifer pays the life fee, revenue from that member stops.... unlike the newbies that pay for the first 3 or so years.. but at some point there will simply be too many disgruntled HOGs that wont re-up for another year.

There are a couple of perks for being a State Rally Staff member.... not a whole lot... but some.

For me its more about the folks we meet and friendships we build upon.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

chromeaphobe

• Chrome Aphobe
  • Ride and Have Fun

• CVO1: 2011 Ultra Classic Road Glide - Grey and Black
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited - Red
    • My site
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »

Cheerish that magazine too.  Everyone is going green so that could end up being a digital version.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »

I'll play devil's advocate since I'm a Life Member also.  Admittedly, a Life Member that doesn't give a chit and whose only a Lifer because an old girlfriend thought the patch was cool (and also because it used to be cheap too).  But.....

If you sign up for a "life" membership to some club, any club, that has some specific set of perks that go along with membership it's not a tremendous leap to assume those perks continue as long as your membership.  I'll readily admit it's a short sighted assumption.  More likely is that your perks continue as long as the membership does and they adjust along with the perks of all the other members.

I'd totally disagree, however, with the assumption that just because I no longer paid dues to some club after paying the original larger fee for a life membership that said club was no longer obligated to me.  If they didn't want to be obligated to me for life they shouldn't of offered me a life membership to their club.  Just as if someone doesn't want to fix my broken thingamwidget forever they shouldn't have sold me a lifetime warranty. 

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »

If you have AT&T for your cellular phone carrier, you get a nice monthy discount for being a HOG member, it's something!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »

I'll play devil's advocate since I'm a Life Member also.  Admittedly, a Life Member that doesn't give a chit and whose only a Lifer because an old girlfriend thought the patch was cool (and also because it used to be cheap too).  But.....

If you sign up for a "life" membership to some club, any club, that has some specific set of perks that go along with membership it's not a tremendous leap to assume those perks continue as long as your membership.  I'll readily admit it's a short sighted assumption.  More likely is that your perks continue as long as the membership does and they adjust along with the perks of all the other members.

I'd totally disagree, however, with the assumption that just because I no longer paid dues to some club after paying the original larger fee for a life membership that said club was no longer obligated to me.  If they didn't want to be obligated to me for life they shouldn't of offered me a life membership to their club.  Just as if someone doesn't want to fix my broken thingamwidget forever they shouldn't have sold me a lifetime warranty. 

How'd you get a lifetime warranty on your thingamwidget?   :nixweiss: :P

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »

How'd you get a lifetime warranty on your thingamwidget?   :nixweiss: :P

:devil:

He had to pay the premium for the extended coverage that doesnt cover wear ant tear items...  :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:20 PM »

He had to pay the premium for the extended coverage that doesnt cover wear ant tear items...  :huepfenlol2:

Ant tear?   What the hell is ant tear and does it hurt?

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 11:05:20 PM »

Ant tear?   What the hell is ant tear and does it hurt?

Comes with a free internet spelling and anti-sarcasm class... :)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 11:42:18 PM »

Wait until we all see how Social Security plays out over the next 30 years! There's a membership most of us have paid into every year and expect to see some return on. Might not turn out that way...

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 04:30:10 AM »

I believe what HOG means for the MoCo should not be underestimated. All the other motorcycle manufacturers deeply envy Harley-Davidson for this enormous fan club, just look at BMW and their - mostly futile - efforts to copy it.

But as we live in the 2010s now HOG does need some realignment. In Germany at almost every directors meeting in the last couple of years obsolete structures and regulations were discussed. But to no avail as the HOG charter seems to be etched in solid american steel  ;D

Its certainly a different world over here but in Germany a steadily growing number of owners avoid the official HOG chapters and consequently don't renew membership. Entirely new approaches have to be found to attract those again and I don't think that's on focus for the HOG management presently. A very interesting idea for instance is www.webchapter.pl - off course a private, independent initiative  ::)

Over here there is simply no benefit left exclusively for HOG members, road assistance in Europe is plain worthless and all publications are published in the internet for anybody to read anyway. All that's left is a patch and a pin nobody needs and a booklet with useless maps and other info you get better over internet.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.752 seconds with 21 queries.