Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?  (Read 10313 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 12:45:46 PM »

C'mon Howie, you make momma shovel the stoop?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 12:47:25 PM »

Kewl system, I always say "my next house I will do something similar" well haven't in the last 2 homes

Since moving to Iowa and getting back into snow removal, I really wish I had a similar system even more

My three car driveway seems like a Walmart parking lot, sure glad I bought the 2stage snow blower

I liked your pictures of your place  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

Thanks Jeff, if you notice my driveway, one house is on top of the other, separated by only the driveway. It's 50ft long. Nowhere to put the snow. I used to have to carry it out of the driveway. The snowblower couldn't blow it far enough and I wound up with a giant pile of slush to move, about halfway down the driveway. It was making me nuts. I traded my snowblower to the Electrician who wired the system. Fair trade for me. I'll never need it (I hope!). ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 12:49:40 PM »

That reminded me of a small town nearby that did that with the downtown streets and sidewalks. The local powerplant's steam exhaust was utilized for the heat source and works like a charm. Shame we dont see more of this sorta engineering.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 12:51:36 PM »

C'mon Howie, you make momma shovel the stoop?

Good point AJ. The stoops were the only thing I couldn't do. I have brick stoops with KY Bluestone treads. The brick was pushing the bricks while trying to get them to set. The Bluestone is too thick. So, I abandoned heating the stoops, except for the top platform on all the sets of stoops! Man. can't get nothing past you guys! And no AJ, I shovel the stoops! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »

That reminded me of a small town nearby that did that with the downtown streets and sidewalks. The local powerplant's steam exhaust was utilized for the heat source and works like a charm. Shame we dont see more of this sorta engineering.

I researched the systems available for this and there were various approaches. I chose to do it the CVO way, not stock! I designed the best system there is, and incorporated everything I'll need heat for, into the system. It's completely instantaneous (low-mass) and only generates the heat I need to meet the load at any given time! I've been working with customers doing HVAC design and Sales for years now. It's about time I used it to benefit my family! ;) Hoist! 8)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 12:57:26 PM »

:ROFLOL:

Very nice looking house Howie.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 12:59:38 PM »

hey Howie, the low here today is 53 the high is...........93!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :pepper: :pineapple: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :carrot: :apple:

Thanks Randy. I melt snow, but that didn't make me feel any better about this chit being everywhere else! But I don't hve to shovel and I don't bake in the summer! (I know, but it's a dry heat. So is an oven!) ;) Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »

:ROFLOL:

Very nice looking house Howie.

Thanks AJ, my wife's the one with the good taste! I hang out here! ;D ;) Hoist! 8)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 01:01:25 PM »

Howie,
Looks awesome, could use that up here today, 3" to 5" today, 6" to 10" tonight and tomorrow and then the forecast calls for 2" to 4" of rain. I put the plow on last night.

Thanks for posting the pics, if you get a chance post a few shots of the boilers and controls, I'm curious to see how all that equipment fit together in the basement.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

twincam

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 01:02:45 PM »

Thanks Randy. I melt snow, but that didn't make me feel any better about this chit being everywhere else! But I don't hve to shovel and I don't bake in the summer! (I know, but it's a dry heat. So is an oven!) ;) Hoist!
LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE HOWIE , 8) ;D ;D ;DYOU CAN RIDE AROUND YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »

Howie,
Looks awsome, could use that up here today, 3" to 5" today, 6" to 10" tonight and tomorrow and then the forecast calls for 2" to 4" of rain. I put the plow on last night.

Thanks for posting the pics, if you get a chance post a few shots of the boilers and controls, I'm curious to see how all that equipment fit together in the basement.

Ed

Ed, you'll get a kick out of this. Nothing but the Central A/C unit and HW tank is on the floor. The boilers, pumps, heat exchanger, and all piping is wall mounted around the perimeter of a small 8x15 boiler room. I'll try to get some shots, but it's so small, I'm not sure how good they'll be. Extremely proficient planning by my piping guy is what got it all to fit. I got 10 lbs of chit in a 5 lb bag! ;) Hoist! 8)

twincam

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 01:07:05 PM »

Tomarrow in Douglas, AZ there is a air show with a bike parade down the runway to kick it off, then a poker run, Oh how sweet the desert is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »

LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE HOWIE , 8) ;D ;D ;DYOU CAN RIDE AROUND YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

Only up and down the driveway. My neighbor didn't want to do his when he redid his driveway. He's 72 and regrets it everytime it snows and he looks at my property while he's shoveling! I stay inside as I don't feel like getting pelted by all my jealous neighbors! ;) Hoist! 8)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »

Ed, you'll get a kick out of this. Nothing but the Central A/C unit and HW tank is on the floor. The boilers, pumps, heat exchanger, and all piping is wall mounted around the perimeter of a small 8x15 boiler room. I'll try to get some shots, but it's so small, I'm not sure how good they'll be. Extremely proficient planning by my piping guy is what got it all to fit. I got 10 lbs of chit in a 5 lb bag! ;) Hoist! 8)

Sounds great, hope you can get a few shots!

Ed

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 01:12:18 PM »

Tomarrow in Douglas, AZ there is a air show with a bike parade down the runway to kick it off, then a poker run, Oh how sweet the desert is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

I could go for a little AZ temps today... :nervous: (This is cold not nervous.)  :huepfenlol2:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.