Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?  (Read 10309 times)

twincam

Re: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 01:13:01 PM »

well I have to leave you guys to the shoveling and melting of snow, got to go get the bike cleaned up for the ride in the morning!!!! stay warm!!! will be thinking about you'll ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 01:13:43 PM »

well I have to leave you guys to the shoveling and melting of snow, got to go get the bike cleaned up for the ride in the morning!!!! stay warm!!! will be thinking about you'll ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Don't forget the sunscreen... :2vrolijk_21:
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »

Sounds great, hope you can get a few shots!

Ed

Ed, there's a bunch of junk stored in the room too. You can never have enough space in NYC! This should give you an idea of what the Power Plant that runs the system, looks like! We'll see how it looks! ;) Hoist! 8)

Engine Room Shots! 1st-Control Panel #1
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 01:21:43 PM »

Control Panel inside

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 01:22:24 PM »

Both Control Panels

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »

HW Thermal Storage Tank, Glycol Heat Excghanger, Primary Pumps and Piping

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 01:24:40 PM »

House Electrical Panels and Whole House Drinking Water Filter

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »

Radiant Heating Panel Zone Pumps

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 01:26:35 PM »

Wall Mounted Boiler (1 of 3 boilers)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »

Radiant Heated Floor Zone Valves and Manifolds

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »

Last one. As much of this tiny room I can get from the entrance door!

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 01:30:22 PM »

Howie you were right that is a lot of equipment to stuff into the basement looks great though. I like the fact that the control switches each have their own phenolic label calling out there function. Looks like factory, what are you really making down there?? Thanks for posting.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 01:35:24 PM »

Looking at your setup, thats about as good as it gets in the Northeast.  I saw this once before, Robert Shephard, the actor, (tv show about his home a few years back) has this setup in his home somewhere in the rockies.  I would say shoveling snow, dealing with ice on the driveway, steps ,etc., is half the hassle of living in places such as we do.  I seriously thought of doing something like this when I did a remodel here in Maine about 5 years ago, but I move around too much.  I would think that you would have to plan on staying put for quite sometime to make the expense worthwhile--or maybe I'm just cheap like your neighbor.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 01:37:02 PM »

Howie you were right that is a lot of equipment to stuff into the basement looks great though. I like the fact that the control switches each have their own phenolic label calling out there function. Looks like factory, what are you really making down there?? Thanks for posting.

Ed

Ed, I'm in Commercial and Industrial Air Conditioning. I used one of my panel vendors to build them. I designed the ATC System and the whole plant like I would a Commercial Project, not resembling Residential Systems. Primary/secondary piping, VSD Pumps, redundant primary pumps w/ pump alternator, 6-Stages of heating (2/boiler) tied together with a Boiler Sequence Controller, 12 zones of heat and 2 zones of snowmelting w/ 9 loops each zone, and Radiant-heated Garage floor (from the Glycol side)! You name it, it's probably there. It's a Radiant Heating Engine Room! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 01:39:53 PM »

Looking at your setup, thats about as good as it gets in the Northeast.  I saw this once before, Robert Shephard, the actor, (tv show about his home a few years back) has this setup in his home somewhere in the rockies.  I would say shoveling snow, dealing with ice on the driveway, steps ,etc., is half the hassle of living in places such as we do.  I seriously thought of doing something like this when I did a remodel here in Maine about 5 years ago, but I move around too much.  I would think that you would have to plan on staying put for quite sometime to make the expense worthwhile--or maybe I'm just cheap like your neighbor.

No Seegmon, you're right. You better plan on staying. It was quite expensive overall. Normally you wouldn't design it this extreme. But I tend to want the best! That's why I have a SERK and hang out here! It's difficult to recover any financial investment. There's no payback. Except the luxury of never having to shovel! ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.