Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?  (Read 10362 times)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Re: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2007, 01:45:53 PM »

Ed, I'm in Commercial and Industrial Air Conditioning. I used one of my panel vendors to build them. I designed the ATC System and the whole plant like I would a Commercial Project, not resembling Residential Systems. Primary/secondary piping, VSD Pumps, redundant primary pumps w/ pump alternator, 6-Stages of heating (2/boiler) tied together with a Boiler Sequence Controller, 12 zones of heat and 2 zones of snowmelting w/ 9 loops each zone, and Radiant-heated Garage floor (from the Glycol side)! You name it, it's probably there. It's a Radiant Heating Engine Room! ;) Hoist! 8)

Cool! :coolblue: Nice job.
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »

Hoist, that's cool! I'm really interested in that stuff, I've stayed at a resort that had radiant floor heating, it's great! I was also looking into on-demand hot water, and geothermal heating and cooling. I'm going to try to incorporate a lot of this into my next house. Tired of this shoveling, but it's 70 here today!!!

http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/di_green_sustainable/article/0,2618,HPRO_20616_3952198,00.html

http://www.hydroheat.com/harnessing.shtml

http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/publications/infosource/pub/home/Heating_and_Cooling_with_a_Heat_Pump_Section4.cfm

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2007, 02:20:06 PM »

Hoist, that's cool! I'm really interested in that stuff, I've stayed at a resort that had radiant floor heating, it's great! I was also looking into on-demand hot water, and geothermal heating and cooling. I'm going to try to incorporate a lot of this into my next house. Tired of this shoveling, but it's 70 here today!!!

http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/di_green_sustainable/article/0,2618,HPRO_20616_3952198,00.html

http://www.hydroheat.com/harnessing.shtml

http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/publications/infosource/pub/home/Heating_and_Cooling_with_a_Heat_Pump_Section4.cfm

Geothermal will save you some good money on your bill, winter and summer, depending how your system's designed and what temps it's designed for. Always use larger terminal equipment and the lowest temp you can get away with when heating. This saves the most operating cost, but is more expensive to install. You'll probably have to get a boiler(s) to melt snow in CO. Especially the kind of snow you guys get. Snowmelting systems are designed based on 3 things; anticipated snowfall in "/hr, outdoor design temp, and wind velocity. A good design will not allow any snow to accumulate at all. Cheaper systems will eventually melt the snow, but lets it accumulate. We're getting all freezing rain now. Even my system struggles with that! I might have to keep it on longer to get some spots where they didn't install enough tubing underground. You can't make changes once they pour the cement! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2007, 02:29:19 PM »

Yeah Howie, I'm green with envy.

About as green as my lawn is right now since it's been in the mid 70's here for weeks.

B B

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »

Hey Howie - thats quite some heating setup you have there.

Looks like something from Cape Canaveral - well I guess you do have that Black Ice Rocket in the garage  ;D

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2007, 02:33:56 PM »

Yeah Howie, I'm green with envy.

About as green as my lawn is right now since it's been in the mid 70's here for weeks.

B B

Hey B B, how's it going? I could've grown grass all winter with this system too! All I had to do was leave the insulation off of the tubing that's run under my lawn, keep the system on all winter, and water normally. F the grass! I'm not paying to grow grass. Shoveling, that's another story. I'll pay not to do that anymore. We all know about your SCA weather. I don't have the stomach for sprouts and avocados though! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »

Hey Howie - thats quite some heating setup you have there.

Looks like something from Cape Canaveral - well I guess you do have that Black Ice Rocket in the garage ;D

Nige

Thanks Nige, I got it from you guys. It's based on European Technology! We Americans are pigs when it comes to Energy! We might finally be starting to get it. But nobody here wants to pay the first cost for a high-efficiency system. So it really hasn't caught on yet. Yes, all my bikes are in my nicely radiant-heated garage! And people say it's an engine room on a Submarine, not Cape Canaveral! ;) Hoist! 8)

twincam

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2007, 02:43:48 PM »

Hi Howie, just got done washing my bike, out in the sunshine, shirtless!!!!! dam think I got a sunburn!!! lol 8) ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »

Hi Howie, just got done washing my bike, out in the sunshine, shirtless!!!!! dam think I got a sunburn!!! lol 8) ;D

I think I got Heartburn!!! From all your good weather posts Randy! ;D Hoist! 8)

twincam

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 02:48:57 PM »

LOL well spring will hit your part of the country someday!!!!! glad my trip up there got moved to July or Aug, I would have been right in the middle of that chit!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2007, 02:52:04 PM »

Thanks Nige, I got it from you guys. It's based on European Technology! We Americans are pigs when it comes to Energy! We might finally be starting to get it. But nobody here wants to pay the first cost for a high-efficiency system. So it really hasn't caught on yet. Yes, all my bikes are in my nicely radiant-heated garage! And people say it's an engine room on a Submarine, not Cape Canaveral! ;) Hoist! 8)

Think I will have to get some more heating in my garage for my new CACO baby too. We had a new Combi-boiler system installed a while ago and it is just too darned efficient. The old boiler used to keep the garage warm as well as the house.

Looks like another radiator on the way.

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »

LOL well spring will hit your part of the country someday!!!!! glad my trip up there got moved to July or Aug, I would have been right in the middle of that chit!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Someday better be soon. I was supposed to get the new handlebars installed tomorrow! Next week I hope now. The snow should be gone by the time you get here in July! Mine will be gone by tonight! ;) Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »

Hey Randy - hope you've managed to get that new shirt out on the road. Mines been limited to exposure at Club meets and the like, but hey the warm weather is just around the corner and we have a weekend bash planned for the end of this month.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

twincam

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »

"why is it snowing everywhere but here" not everywhere Howie

twincam

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2007, 03:05:30 PM »

sunshine!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.