Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?  (Read 10360 times)

twincam

Re: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2007, 03:06:20 PM »

desert living!!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2007, 03:06:35 PM »

"why is it snowing everywhere but here" not everywhere Howie

That's Mother Nature's Snowmelting System! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

twincam

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2007, 03:07:21 PM »

Hey Randy - hope you've managed to get that new shirt out on the road. Mines been limited to exposure at Club meets and the like, but hey the warm weather is just around the corner and we have a weekend bash planned for the end of this month.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige
Nige it has been in the wind alot latly!!!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2007, 03:09:54 PM »

Fantastic pics Randy. I am veeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry jealous.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

twincam

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2007, 03:11:16 PM »

believe it or not that Mt had 16 IN of snow on it last month!! this is the Chiricahua mts as in Chiricahua Apache Indians.... you know Geronimo.. he surrendered about 5 miles from here.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 03:28:51 PM by twincam »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2007, 03:35:38 PM »

Nice looking setup, Howie!!  That panel looks like some of the things I had my head/hands in 8 or 10 years ago, only the controls were running 35,000 Tons of Chillers, Cooling Towers, Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers, etc.  It's been a while for me though...

The radiant heat is definitely the way to go...almost whole house.  If you've got to use a Heat Pump for A/C, geothermal is absolutely the best way to go if you live anywhere other than the very deep south...even then, it's more efficient than air to air could ever be.  It's just expensive to install...

Looks like you've got a good system design there...something like that will add mucho value to your house, so it is a good investment as well.

Oh, by the way, it's been in the 70's here for the last two weeks, the Azaleas are beginning to bloom, Dogwoods are about to start, and the trees are beginning to bud.  Of course, what comes with that is pollen falling so thick that at times it looks like it's raining yellow, but that will be over soon.  Today it's 60, and tonight in the 30's, but warming back up tomorrow into the mid 60's and sunny, and next week back into the 70's.

Ya'll keep all that white chit up there, ya heah? ;D
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »

Nice looking setup, Howie!!  That panel looks like some of the things I had my head/hands in 8 or 10 years ago, only the controls were running 35,000 Tons of Chillers, Cooling Towers, Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers, etc.  It's been a while for me though...

The radiant heat is definitely the way to go...almost whole house.  If you've got to use a Heat Pump for A/C, geothermal is absolutely the best way to go if you live anywhere other than the very deep south...even then, it's more efficient than air to air could ever be.  It's just expensive to install...

Looks like you've got a good system design there...something like that will add mucho value to your house, so it is a good investment as well.

Oh, by the way, it's been in the 70's here for the last two weeks, the Azaleas are beginning to bloom, Dogwoods are about to start, and the trees are beginning to bud.  Of course, what comes with that is pollen falling so thick that at times it looks like it's raining yellow, but that will be over soon.  Today it's 60, and tonight in the 30's, but warming back up tomorrow into the mid 60's and sunny, and next week back into the 70's.

Ya'll keep all that white chit up there, ya heah? ;D

Thanks Terry, I had fun putting my own little Central Plant in!
And thanks for the weather forecast from down there. I'm sure all the NEers reading this feel terrible about your cool evenings! ;D  ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »

I have a snow removal system of my own!!  C’mon, you knew this was coming! My system will make a 16” wide path through 3 to 4 foot deep snow in a matter of seconds. (SnowRemoval_01.jpg) The business end of this machine is a 170 horsepower (out of the box) 162 x 16 x 2.25 inch paddle track =  :smilie_staub:

These machines can be hooked together in series for the tough snow removal jobs (SeriesPull_02)

An optional high tech energy recycling device made from al-you-mini-yum is available which is secured to the exhausting tube of the power output device. (RecycledEnergy.jpg) This equipment will in fact brown the food if necessary; blackened if you are into Cajun.

The only real problem with this machine is that after heavy use, my sidewalk still looks like cr@p, and by whole body hurts….you know Hoist, you might be on to something here. BTW, I can’t believe that one of these is actually on topic.

djkak

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2007, 03:58:04 PM »

Tough snow removal job

djkak

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2007, 03:58:49 PM »

Series hookup.

djkak

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »

Recycled energy.

djkak

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2007, 04:10:58 PM »

OK, dj....WTF is that stuff in that pan?  It looks like Doody Bird (chicken) a little bit, but it ain't fried.  I won't even go there with other possibilities....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2007, 04:11:51 PM »

Perfectly on topic dj, and yes, I knew it was coming! Perfect intro, huh? I don't often see those hi-effic. snow removers here in NYC! That looks like a real blast! If I was there, I sure wouldn't worry about removing it. Winter Riding!!! ;) Hoist! 8)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »

OK, dj....WTF is that stuff in that pan?  It looks like Doody Bird (chicken) a little bit, but it ain't fried.  I won't even go there with other possibilities....

I believe that those are Chicken Nuggets. We have also done leftover Ribeye Steak, Jalapeno Poppers, Turkey Sausage, Pizza Rolls and a host of other finger foods.

It isn’t necessary to have hot food when riding off trail, but you sure look forward to it when you can get it. We used to stop and build a fire for lunch, but it takes too much time if you are covering a large area.

Attached is a shot of a Montana snow plow driver boiling water to heat up pre-packaged fajita goodies.

djkak

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2007, 04:47:17 PM »

Most folks carry the shovel in a backpack and don’t bother with snowshoes.

djkak
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 21 queries.