Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Heavy Heart Prayers Needed  (Read 6091 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Heavy Heart Prayers Needed
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:42:25 AM »

Hey Y'all

I haven't been able to spend much time on this site as I been working a lot at a steel mill in Blytheville AR. The last couple weeks has been an emotional roller coaster. During the past couple years of coming to the mill I have become good friends with many of the folks out here. I have even had the opportunity to get to know their families.

Two weeks ago I stopped at the grocery store to buy some brauts and dogs for the guys and have a cook out at work. While I was there I ran across a foreman's wife and 17 year old son "Mikey". They helped me find the brauts and dogs and we laughed when I told them I needed 50 of them. I left and when I got to the mill I told the foreman named "Cornbread" that I saw his wife and son. About two minutes later he gets a call from his wife that Mikey almost passed out at the store and they were heading to the hospital. We were all concerned and were waiting to hear from him. We were hoping it was something like a blood sugar problem.

We were getting concerned and were about to ride to the emergency room when we get a call from Cornbread. He called and asked if I would pray for Mikey, he didn't pass out but was having a seizure. They found a mass on his brain and were taking him to Lebonheur in Memphis. We all gathered and lifted Mikey up in prayer. Several of us cleaned up and rode to Memphis to support Cornbread and his family. They scheduled an MRI for the morning. We prayed over Mikey and headed back over to Blytheville.

MRI showed a tumor in the mass. Surgery was set for Wed. morning. I was able to get up to the hospital Tuesday night and pray with this sweet family again. I had peace that everything would be alright. Surgery would be 3-9 hours depending what the doctors find. After six hours into the surgery I get a call from Cornbread and he said the doctor called and said everything went fine. It did not appear to be cancer but won't know for sure until the results come in in about 9 days. He said he got all the mass removed. Praise God! Sunday arrives and got a call that Mikey was going home.

All is going fine and Mikey is doing great. Every day he feels better. Today they go to talk with the doctor to check him out and go over the test results. Found out that the tumor was cancerous and is called ANAPLASTIC ASTROCYTOMA stage 3. I researched and the prognoses is not good. I have a heavy heart right now. I am a man of faith and believe that God is in perfect complete control. He was aware of the results and was not surprised. As a believer I trust totally in my God and know His love far greater than I can humanly comprehend.

I don't know why things like this happens but what I do know is I love Mikey and his whole family. When I see them hurting I hurt. I know God is the great and Mighty physician and can heal Mikey. I also know that God answers prayers. I am asking for you to take a minute of your day and pray for Mikey and his family as they will be heavily burdened with stress in the up coming days. First ask God to spare Mikeys life and to give them strength and peace in their storm. Also I ask for your prayers on how I can minister to this family. Y'all are family and needed to vent a little. God is Great and Great is His Love! God's Sweet Love to you all!

JR

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Re: Heavy Heart Prayers Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:57:11 AM »

JR,
So sorry to hear the news. Prayers to Mikey and his family and to you my friend.

It's our turn to be there for you and your friends.

Please know that they, and you, are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 12:59:53 AM »

JR, you, Mikey, & his family are in my prayers.

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 05:08:23 AM »

JR,

I am so sad to hear the news about Mikey.

Ilene and I will both be praying for Mikey, his family, and you through these days of anguish.  May the Lord bless and keep you all.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 06:57:33 AM »

John,
Seems I recall you mentioning this during supper at Corky's the other night.  This family has been in my thoughts and prayers since then, and so it will continue.  I'll also keep you, my Brother, in my thoughts and prayers as you try to bring comfort to this family.  Best Blessings to you, your family, and Cornbread's family.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 07:20:56 AM »

JR - Mikey and his family and you are in my prayers.  As men of faith, we know that with God & in God, all things are possible.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 08:31:32 AM »

My prayers go out to the family and to you for strength.

You must have been there for a reason.  My best for Mikey.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

JR,
So sorry to hear this I will keep Mikey, his family, and you in my prayers.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »

JR, so sorry about Mikey and most certainly will lift him, his family and you up in prayer.  If there is anything else we can do please let us know. 

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:34:35 AM »

JR,  I am so sorry to hear about your friends.  Tell Mikey and his family that they are in mine and Jo Ann's Prayers as well. 
Thanks for letting us know.
GOD BLESS YOU!
~mike~
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:37:06 AM by Bubba »
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 11:13:23 AM »

Mikey, friends and family are all in our prayers, for everyone to be as strong as they need to be and for Mikey to beat the horrible "C" disease. 

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »

My prayers are with you and those in need
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 01:34:30 PM »

I stopped to pray as soon as I finished reading your post. I believe in the power of our Lord to heal those in need, may God bless.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 07:48:12 PM »

I stopped to pray as soon as I finished reading your post. I believe in the power of our Lord to heal those in need, may God bless.

Thank you Bro and thanks to all that responded with prayer and PM's. As I was typing this I received a call from Cornbread. Mikey was having problems and his Mother is taking him to Lebonheur in Memphis again. His right arm was hard to move and his finger tips were going numb and he wasn't talking very much. Cornbread is having someone drive him to Memphis. Appreciate all who pray to do so now. I will update his situation as I hear something. I Thank God for bringing me to this wonderful site that is filled with wonderful people!!! Bless you all!

JR

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 09:34:24 PM »

Thank you Bro and thanks to all that responded with prayer and PM's. As I was typing this I received a call from Cornbread. Mikey was having problems and his Mother is taking him to Lebonheur in Memphis again. His right arm was hard to move and his finger tips were going numb and he wasn't talking very much. Cornbread is having someone drive him to Memphis. Appreciate all who pray to do so now. I will update his situation as I hear something. I Thank God for bringing me to this wonderful site that is filled with wonderful people!!! Bless you all!

JR

JR,
Sorry to hear what happened to Mikey...my prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery and to you for your caring and desire to help them in their time of despair.  God has a plan for all of us and his will be done.
I'll continue to keep Mikey in my prayers.
Charlie

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 20 queries.