Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Heavy Heart Prayers Needed  (Read 6087 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: Heavy Heart Prayers Needed
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »

When Mikey had to get his head shaved for surgery a bunch of guys at the steel mill shaved their heads in support of Mikey and their boss Cornbread. 

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 09:39:27 PM »

When Mikey had to get his head shaved for surgery a bunch of guys at the steel mill shaved their heads in support of Mikey and their boss Cornbread. 

Jr
Thats a motley looking work crew. The conehead in the middle sure knows how to make me laugh.  :huepfenlol2: Thank them all for us. :2vrolijk_21: What did you do with all the hair :nixweiss:  ;D  Thanks for the pics John.

Dave
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 09:43:12 PM by Gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 08:42:37 AM »

JR , I was a way all weekend I am sorry to here about Mikey. I pray Mikey recovers totally. Let Cornbread and family know that they are being prayed for and thought of a lot..

Helen
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:15:58 AM by pumkinownerswife »

charlie

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 06:59:06 PM »

my prayers for your friend and his family.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 02:28:59 PM »

A quick update for those praying for Mikey. He has begun his chemo and radiation treatment. He appears to be doing pretty good. He has got sick but not as expected. He has a great attitude and is a sweet kid. Continue to pray for his treatment to work and strength for the entire Sullivan family. Mikey is hoping he can make it to Indy at the end of the month for a nascar race. I appreciate all who have and will take the time to pray. May God richly bless you!

JR :bananarock:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 02:31:53 PM »

We're pullin' for Mikey glad to hear he's hangin' in their.

Continued thoughts and prayers.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »

Where two or more are gathered in HIS name...

He is in my prayers.  As I travel through Tennessee today, I'll be thinking about him.  Having a son his age, this really hits close to home.

V
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »

WOW, sorry JR that I am just gettin into this tread.  He is in my prayers as well, I have a daughter a little older than he, this is one of the things that we, as parents, are scared of.  Happy that he is doing well, the chemo will be a journey that can be made but is never fun, support/prayer as much as anything will see him through.

seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 08:28:47 PM »

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE JR.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

harleydiva

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »

That's awsome.   :)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 07:41:17 PM »

JR,

I too just found this thread. I have prayed to God on Mikey and his families behalf and will continue to lift you all up every time the Lord puts it on my heart.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2007, 09:45:48 PM »

Thanks for the update, JR, our prayers are still being sent, Brother.

SOKOOL

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2007, 02:49:39 AM »

Hey JR, how is our friend doing lately?   :nixweiss:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »

Hey JR, how is our friend doing lately?   :nixweiss:

Thanks for asking Candy and I appreciate all who have prayed and ask for continue prayer for Mikey and the rest of the Sullivan family! Often when things are out of our control we say "All we can do is pray!" I want to emphasize that prayer is the greatest thing we can offer because it is showing that we trust that God can take care of the situation. I pray for many of you here and you don't even know it. If the Lord lays you on my heart during my day I lift you in prayer right then and there. I believe the Holy spirit did so for a reason and even though I don't know what it is, God does!

Mikey is a special young man. He is entering his senior year in high school and is anxious to get to start school. He has not been able to go yet as his blood test have been low in areas that makes him susceptible to infections. He has been at St. Jude hospital getting transfusions to try and get his counts up. As of today it looks like he will be able to start Tuesday. Praise God! :2vrolijk_21:

Ya know, when something like this happens we ask "Why?" The bible says we are to give thanks in all circumstances. How can you thank God for allowing cancer in the life of this young man? How can anything good come from this terrible situation other than a miraculous healing? When I first visited the hospital and prayed with this family I felt peace in the storm. I told Mikey that I believe that God is going to use Mikey in special way and He already has. Thru his sickness God has brought his community together thru fund raising and support. He has brought this family closer together and closer to God! Mikey's spirit has touched all those who comes in contact with him and who knows how God will use that down the road in their lives. To God be the the glory! Who knows Mikey better or what's better for him than his creator! Who's Love is greater? Yours, mine, his Mom or Dad? Nobody has greater love than God Himself! That being said, I totally trust in my God in all situations even though I might not fully understand "Why."

Mikey will leave notes to his mom and dad. Cornbread (his dad) brought me one of his letters and said I figured you would get a kick out of it. It reads

"Hey, I know the Lord does everything for a reason. I believe he gave me cancer to go to St. Jude and become like Bo. (Bo gives Mikey his chemo treatments) I will be so good at it because I love kids so much. I believe he is sending me in the right path. Love Y'all, Mikey"

What faith, what peace, I believe God has given Mikey this hope and peace. If God decides to take Mikey home does this mean that God did not hear our prayers and choose not to let Mikey live a full life? What does that mean anyway? Eternity is FOREVER, how long is a Full Life?

There will be many more storms in this family's venture. Pray that God continues to give this family strength in the days ahead. Wisdom in understanding God and the decisions ahead. And peace that only God can give when faced in a situation like they are in. I love you all and praise God for your prayers and love. God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

REGGAB

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2007, 10:57:24 PM »

JR, Brother, thanks for the update.  We continue to pray for Mikey, his family, and you and your's.

Henry
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.