Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: What the Hell Did You Guys Do Now?  (Read 8601 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: What the Hell Did You Guys Do Now?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »

Brian,
I think you're mistaken!  I organized the collection of T-shirts for Brian in 06.  Several months before MV I PMed Neal to get his input and approval for doing something for Brian for all his efforts in organizing the MV gathering.  I also sent PM's to all registered attendees asking if they would be interested in bringing a T to MV for Brian.  The day of the BBQ, Chip and Nancy helped me collect all the T's and Nancy presented them to Brian that afternoon.

You know something, I have never been one to seek credit, and especially not for something I wasn't responsible for. At the time of the organization of MV and pre event, I had undergone total knee replacement surgery and was taking percocet. In my mind, I recall sending Mrs We a PM that we should organize a thank you for Brian and that became the T-shirt give. If I am incorrect and my memory is drug addled then I sincerely apologize

B B
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:20:10 PM by SPIDERMAN »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 03:06:47 PM »

Alright, WTF happened here last night? We now have lost a valuable member here! Why? :nixweiss:

Last night, after showing off some vacation pics, Brian (103tHunDer) stepped down as mod after getting razzed about locking his thread for some uninterrupted picture posting. Well. we all can't do that. Only mods can. Big friggin deal. But some got miffed, and gave him a hard time about it.

Well, it seems to have gotten out of hand though. Brian's name is now in Black. He musta deleted himself. Some of us can take each others BS better than others. Some ignore it, some fight back, some quit. I choose the first 2 options. I ain't lettin' any of ya'll skeer me away from something I love.

But we gotta be thinking about those that might not take it as well. Sometimes what is good-natured fun to one, turns into a nasty assault as viewed by another.

Don't know what to say otherwise. I for one just think it' a damn shame that we lost Brian, and I hate to see him gone!!! There was no need for it to get this far!!! >:(

Hoist! 8)

Good post Hoist.  I can tell you that Brian will be missed by many here.  However, he's not the first to leave here.....for similar reasons.  I think you make a good suggestion that we need to take a look at our behavior and actions and how it affects others.  I may have a ways to go but I've certainly taken a look at some of the issues that have been pointed out to me and some from a little self insight, over the past three or four years.  It would be great if we could get to a place like it used to be, where everybody got along and everybody treated everybody else with respect or at least courtesy.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 03:17:30 PM »

Good post Hoist.  I can tell you that Brian will be missed by many here.  However, he's not the first to leave here.....for similar reasons.  I think you make a good suggestion that we need to take a look at our behavior and actions and how it affects others.  I may have a ways to go but I've certainly taken a look at some of the issues that have been pointed out to me and some from a little self insight, over the past three or four years.  It would be great if we could get to a place like it used to be, where everybody got along and everybody treated everybody else with respect or at least courtesy.

JC
    If you read my very first post on the thread I started on the issue of locking a thread at inception, I think you'd have to agree that the manner in which I addressed the issue was not disrespectful. A couple of latter posts intended to contain a bit of leg pulling might have gotten misinterpreted, but still, if we can't speak our minds on issues where are we ? I'll take my lumps, knocks, what have you if someone disagrees, but to suggest that we treat this site like a church social is pure BS. We've been around and around on this many many times since I joined the site and it was my understanding that barring personal insult we could agree to disagree. At the heart of this issue is that someone I like and enjoyed meeting and riding with did something on the site I disagreed with and I said so. I had no ill will toward that member nor any hidden agenda to cause discontent or harmony on the site. A couple other members evidently felt the same way as they posted on my thread to more or less the same mindset. At the end of the day, I'd be very disappointed to think that someone who took issue at something I said or did would not speak to me about it "for the sake of the site " . That's not real life and it shouldn't be this site either.

Just my $0.02

B B

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 05:40:02 PM »

JC
    If you read my very first post on the thread I started on the issue of locking a thread at inception, I think you'd have to agree that the manner in which I addressed the issue was not disrespectful. A couple of latter posts intended to contain a bit of leg pulling might have gotten misinterpreted, but still, if we can't speak our minds on issues where are we ? I'll take my lumps, knocks, what have you if someone disagrees, but to suggest that we treat this site like a church social is pure BS. We've been around and around on this many many times since I joined the site and it was my understanding that barring personal insult we could agree to disagree. At the heart of this issue is that someone I like and enjoyed meeting and riding with did something on the site I disagreed with and I said so. I had no ill will toward that member nor any hidden agenda to cause discontent or harmony on the site. A couple other members evidently felt the same way as they posted on my thread to more or less the same mindset. At the end of the day, I'd be very disappointed to think that someone who took issue at something I said or did would not speak to me about it "for the sake of the site " . That's not real life and it shouldn't be this site either.

Just my $0.02

B B

I viewed Hoists comment in a borader scope and I replied in a broader scope.  I apologize if you took it personal.  But now that you bring it up, I will say that I think you'd have been much more successful communicating your concern to Brian via a PM.

I never said anything about a church social and I'm not sure where you got that from.  What I said is "treat everybody else with respect or at least courtesy".  I realize that may be a far reach for some, but it's just a suggestion.

And you are right, we can agree to disagree and still be courteous.  Again, my conversation was on a broader scale and not intended to be directed at you as an individual but rather a plea to the masses here.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 06:01:05 PM »

You know something, I have never been one to seek credit, and especially not for something I wasn't responsible for. At the time of the organization of MV and pre event, I had undergone total knee replacement surgery and was taking percocet. In my mind, I recall sending Mrs We a PM that we should organize a thank you for Brian and that became the T-shirt give. If I am incorrect and my memory is drug addled then I sincerely apologize

B B

Someone told me that medication my have been involved in this!
 ;)
Apology accepted....
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »

:zwtf: Kids, don't make me come up there!

That's it, your grounded for this weekend!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 07:13:13 PM »

Lets just see if he comes back and not point fingers.  :-X 
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »

That is my wife with the bottle in her hands on one of her better days.
I'm sure the thoughts were the trouble Brian is in when Mrs 103 sees the pile (of course I am not speaking form "t-shirt" experience here).

Left to right I think we have:

JR (beret), Jorge, Brian 103, ???, Nancy - Mrs SBB, me, Neal as in #1 Neal - "Naitrm" as in the first member of the internationally famous CVO Owners Group website, and all around good guy,  Mrs Porthole, ???????????????????????????????

Duane not too sure about this..... :confused5:    :drink:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »

Duane not too sure about this..... :confused5:    :drink:

Which part  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 09:04:53 PM »

Which part  :nixweiss:

The part of her hitting the bottle on one of her better days. Good grief.  :'(
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:23 PM »

The part of her hitting the bottle on one of her better days. Good grief.  :'(

I doubt she even finished the one beer - too many meds.
I was referring the the smile - laugh. Actually I'm surprised she even made it to the BBQ.

We were riding earlier trying to cross 441 into Gatlinburg, she got so cold going up the mountain we had to turn around!
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 10:03:42 PM »

Someone told me that medication my have been involved in this!
 ;)
Apology accepted....

Tommy

I can vouch for him.
There was a lot of medication.
And he wasn't sharing!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 11:26:20 PM »

I can tell you that Brian will be missed by many here. 

JC, have you spoken with 103 and know more then is in the public discussion?  In his last message 103 didn't say he was gone forever.  He's turned "off" his login previously to take a little break and come back in better spirits.  He's also dropped the moderator's gig and came back to it before.  From what he'd written it seemed he was only taking another break.  Any reason to assume otherwise?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2008, 12:25:04 AM »

Personally it I think it's like being an amateur referee at a hockey game or an umpire at some pick up game or little league game.  I don't know how the volunteers in those venues do it myself.  Having done those in the past I know I don't have the energy for it.  You do your best but you can't please evryone regardless of how fair and unbiased you feel you are.

We are all good natured in our own ways and no one "really" means to cut one way or the other, but we have witnessed the times that one person rubs another the wrong way and it carries on and on for a bit too long.

I hope we don't have member losses here just like many have said and I emailed Brian and told him exactly that.  I hope with a bit of time and water under the proverbial bridge that he feels the void and makes his way back here to active status and all of his friends.

Hopefully that is what happens.  I don't believe anyone meant for it to come to this and it is unfortunate that it did.

All of that said, I personally don't see that any good will come of dissecting it any further than has been.  It looks to me that most here if not all would like to see Brian active. :soapbox:

I think I'll go find a thread to hijack or whatever and leave the passing of 103 to a distant memory for now.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 12:31:02 AM »

personally don't see that any good will come of dissecting it any further than has been

Could not agree more Roger.  103 made a choice.  We should respect that either way.  I still expect that it's a choice to just take a break and come back refreshed.  He's exercised that right in various fashions before.  But its not for us to judge his choices.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 21 queries.