Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where can I get clear protective overlay film for scratch protecttion?  (Read 845 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited

Does anyone know where I can buy some of that clear protective stuff that sticks down on surfaces and is almost not noticeable, but protects from scratches?  I need to find some, possibly in sheets or something so I can cut them out to the shapes I want.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800

I bought mine from my local H-D dealer.

Replaced the black to clear on the TP under the passenger backrest.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Take a look here:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/

and you can find the local guy who may be willing to sell you some.  Fleabay typically also has some.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.

I have a kit for a 2004 Electraglide, already cut to size. Make offer. Gordon 214-881-9180, Plano, Texas.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

I have a kit for a 2004 Electraglide, already cut to size. Make offer. Gordon 214-881-9180, Plano, Texas.

Thanks, but not at all what I want to do.  I just need one small sheet of the stuff for one thing I want to cover.  I wouldn't know what to do with an entire kit.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²

Thanks, but not at all what I want to do.  I just need one small sheet of the stuff for one thing I want to cover.  I wouldn't know what to do with an entire kit.

Do you want it for the bike or some electronics? This company makes it for cellphones and GPS.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

Do you want it for the bike or some electronics? This company makes it for cellphones and GPS.

For the bike.  What I wanted to do was cut some small pieces to put on the top rear of my luggage rack...above the LED light area.  The way the luggage rack is on the 09 SEUC, there are some flat areas going across probably 1" to 1.5" wide that are getting scuffed up from my luggage.  I thought this would be a good way to keep it from getting worse, and if it looked okay and maybe masked the scuffs, I would leave it on all the time.  If not, I'd just put some on fresh whenever I'm traveling with the extra bag mounted.  So basically, a small piece would do me good for now and a larger sheet would last me for quite a while.  I didn't realize this stuff would be so difficult to find.  I wanted to find some today before I packed the bike to leave for York in the morning.  It's too late now.  I'll have the bike packed and bag mounted in the next half hour.  I'll probably need to replace that rack one of these days, as it already looks like crap after one trip with the bag mounted.

Thanks for the effort guys.

Berk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®, Stardust Silver and Twilight Blue

Try 3M corporation I had a BMW 3z and I did the front end of the car it was called invisible bra. When I sold the car I took it off with a heat gun and it loocked like the day I bought the car. Google 3M or invisible bra. Good luck

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

Try 3M corporation I had a BMW 3z and I did the front end of the car it was called invisible bra. When I sold the car I took it off with a heat gun and it loocked like the day I bought the car. Google 3M or invisible bra. Good luck

You have to buy too much of it from 3M and I wanted to find it today.  They used to sell small 2 piece kits to fit one of each side of a vehicle from just in front or just behind the wheel opening to stop paint chips.  I guess nobody sells it that way anymore.  I'm not going to worry about it anymore for today.  If I find some down the road, I'll grab it and try it on this rack.  If it seems to work out okay, then I'll probably just grab a new luggage rack...assuming I haven't done any other damage to the bike in the mean time.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Try this place:
http://www.shop.protint.com/category.sc?categoryId=41

They sell small strips or complete rolls of the 3M material, and also have another brand as well.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

Re: Where can I get clear protective overlay film for scratch protecttion?
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

Try this place:
http://www.shop.protint.com/category.sc?categoryId=41

They sell small strips or complete rolls of the 3M material, and also have another brand as well.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.  That's exactly what I need.  I think one 2" strip would be good enough to last me for a while. 

Page created in 1.278 seconds with 21 queries.