Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engine fin cleaning  (Read 4394 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Engine fin cleaning
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »

Does anyone know how to make the edge of the cooling fins on the jugs look shiny again? the engine is black with chrome edges . My wife 05 Low rider needs some shining.  Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Engine fin cleaning
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »

The fins are of course, alum. About any polish that will polish the alum will also stain the engine powdercoat. No miracle snake oil fix here. Best thing is to keep them clean and free of oxidation from the start.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:31:32 PM »

Scotch-brite pad used very gingerly, but very deliberately, will do it.  Be very careful not to scrub the black powdecoat.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »

Scotch-brite pad used very gingerly, but very deliberately, will do it.  Be very careful not to scrub the black powdecoat.

I'm with COR on this one, 'cause I'm not 'deliberately' gingerly enough.   :oops: ::)  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »

Irub mine  down about everyother wash  ,,,, good clean rag wraped tight around my fingers and VERY LITTLE  polish and go to it , makes a difference  I follow up with a light spray of Pig Spit works great with no residue on the black or granite motor.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »

Irub mine  down about everyother wash  ,,,, good clean rag wraped tight around my fingers and VERY LITTLE  polish and go to it , makes a difference  I follow up with a light spray of Pig Spit works great with no residue on the black or granite motor.
Now that's called 'detailing'.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »

Knowing 110tHunDer's bikes and how clean they are...that's a winner for sure!

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.