CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Who is Howard Messner?

<< < (4/4)

OBB:

--- Quote from: JMK on March 19, 2020, 01:01:58 PM ---I  installed Ohlins on the rear a few months ago and they seem to bind some on the rubber inserts at the mounting bolts. I have some wear already on the plastic at the bottom of the shock tube under the spring . I used the Ohlins supplied spacers and washers. are you seeing any signs of the same?
Thanks

--- End quote ---
Nope. Side note. I didn't use the spacers. Found them in the box after I had them on.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

r0de_runr:

--- Quote from: JMK on March 19, 2020, 01:01:58 PM ---I  installed Ohlins on the rear a few months ago and they seem to bind some on the rubber inserts at the mounting bolts. I have some wear already on the plastic at the bottom of the shock tube under the spring . I used the Ohlins supplied spacers and washers. are you seeing any signs of the same?
Thanks

--- End quote ---
I might suggest you check to make sure your upper and lower shock mounting points are square to each other. You might have to shim either side, or either the top or the bottom to get them lined up. 

This is in Howard's setup instructions.

JMK:
Thanks, I think it is the mounting bolts/washers compressing the rubber. This doesn't allow the shock to pivot as it compresses. it was enough that with one bolt tight it was tough to swing into position to line up the other bolt. trying to get a pic to upload.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version