CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2017 CVO Limited 131 Upgrade finished! Awesome!!

<< < (13/15) > >>

kojak:
It was in the high 20's and sunny in the Shenandoah Valley today and I went for a 2 hour ride in the mountains in my backyard. Quickly adjusted to riding with the new motor, had to feather the throttle going through the twisties. Even being gentle on the throttle, I could sense the back tire wanting to break loose with any extra gas. It was a defintitely less aggressive ride compared to before my 131 upgrade.

kr:
How sensitive is the throttle at slow speeds, like in a parking lot?

kojak:
Its more sensitive, you have to feather the throttle more. You can do faster with less effort but you have to get used to the throttle response, not as forgiving as before.

CVOSGJoe:
Agreed that with the additional power from big bore kits one must certainly  be less aggressive with the throttle to control the power to the rear wheel in corners. Most definitely a very positive control mechanism of the new RDRS system, that is if your so inclined to purchase that, but one should certainly not rely on that and be aware. Power can be your friend and your enemy if not careful.   
Glad you enjoying the build, ride safe!!

kojak:
Here's my last update on the 131 upgrade. I rode the bike down to bikeweek and back, all together about 2500 miles in 5 day's. On the highway, ran it consistently 80 to 85 mph, the bike was basically loafing around 3000 rpm. Great to have the awesome roll-on acceleration to pass vehicles effortlessly. Averaged about 175 miles between fill-ups and generally put on about 4.7 gallons. Worst gas mileage was 36 mpg and best was 40 mpg. It did seem to get a bit better as I put more miles on the engine. The throttle is sensitive, riding over bumpy roads, I had to be extra aware of my right wrist as a little input will cause the bike to surge. Ran it in 82 degrees in bumper to bumper traffic for about 30 minutes and I can see how it could throw off a great deal of heat in 90+ degree weather. Probably worse for non twin cooled bikes. No regrets, having a blast riding my bike! It is a speeding ticket waiting to happen, lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version