CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2017 CVO Limited 131 Upgrade finished! Awesome!!

<< < (14/15) > >>

dogdoc85:
Kojac, were you able to find a derby cover and/or an air filter cover/badge to match the 131 badge on the timer cover. Mine was a 117, so I have 117 on derby and air cleaner and 131 on time. Just looking to match it up. Thanks

Mofo67:
Check out Bad Boyz, the company that makes the CVO backrest and Freedom seat. They now make custom derby and timer covers.

https://badboyzcyclez.com/

scotman623:
customderbycover.com will make anything you want... I have now used them 3X and have been very satisfied with their work...

kojak:

--- Quote from: dogdoc85 on May 19, 2020, 06:29:26 AM ---Kojac, were you able to find a derby cover and/or an air filter cover/badge to match the 131 badge on the timer cover. Mine was a 117, so I have 117 on derby and air cleaner and 131 on time. Just looking to match it up. Thanks

--- End quote ---
Sorry, man, I’ve been off the forum for a few weeks. Yeah, like other people said several outfits are now making the 131 derby cover. There is already so much badging on the bike, I just switched mine to a plain chrome derby cover. My ac cover just says screaming eagle so I didn’t have to do anything there.

Triple X:

--- Quote from: kojak on March 13, 2020, 05:23:10 PM ---Here's my last update on the 131 upgrade. I rode the bike down to bikeweek and back, all together about 2500 miles in 5 day's. On the highway, ran it consistently 80 to 85 mph, the bike was basically loafing around 3000 rpm. Great to have the awesome roll-on acceleration to pass vehicles effortlessly. Averaged about 175 miles between fill-ups and generally put on about 4.7 gallons. Worst gas mileage was 36 mpg and best was 40 mpg. It did seem to get a bit better as I put more miles on the engine. The throttle is sensitive, riding over bumpy roads, I had to be extra aware of my right wrist as a little input will cause the bike to surge. Ran it in 82 degrees in bumper to bumper traffic for about 30 minutes and I can see how it could throw off a great deal of heat in 90+ degree weather. Probably worse for non twin cooled bikes. No regrets, having a blast riding my bike! It is a speeding ticket waiting to happen, lol!

--- End quote ---
Nice report.
I too use Groves.
Glad to hear it was a positive experience for you.
I'll have to look into that kit for my bike.
Hope you're still happy with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version