Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: iPhone Synch Failed Message  (Read 1969 times)

drgmis16

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2016 Road Glide Ultra
iPhone Synch Failed Message
« on: October 06, 2019, 12:21:29 AM »

Getting ready for long trip and recently have been getting a "Synch Failed" message on the Boom. Have a iPhone which just updated to IOS 13.1.2 and do nor recall getting this message before. The phone is still parred with the Boom as both devices are showing the Bluetooth symbol. Any ideas on what to try? Might call HD but past experience does not hold out much hope.  :nixweiss:

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: iPhone Synch Failed Message
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:13:35 AM »

I get the same message with my Android.
Bill

flhman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 08:21:57 AM »

Got this on my 15 also after updating my phone, anyone figure this out yet ??

drgmis16

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 10:49:33 AM »

Might be a waste of time and get no help, but will call HD this week and see what "assistance" might be provided.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 10:52:58 AM »

if you unpair and repair it will sync. You may have to do it a couple of times because it doesn’t want to resync. However, you won’t be able to dial out a call whether or not you sync, when you try to dial, it won’t obtain a dial tone, it will just sit there until it times out.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 10:56:59 AM by King Glide »
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 11:43:08 AM »

I just get the message , but the phone works fine. I have no idea what it's not connecting to.
Bill

taweir

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2021 CVO TRI-GLIDE
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »

Getting the same thing on my 2018 CVO Limited.  Will try to unpair and re pair phone to see if that helps.  called hd and they had no clue which I expected.

drgmis16

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 09:42:15 PM »

Good news to pass along here. Did the Bluetooth "unpair" or "forget this device" and then "pair" about 5 times but at the end did not get the "Sync Failed" message and the result that the phone is now "synch'd" to the motorcycle.  Thanks to all who said to try this!

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »

I still can’t dial out but have found out that if you move the bike or even sit on it hard, the iPhone now thinks you’re driving and it won’t let you dial out. It may be a sensitively issue.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 06:40:01 AM »

I still can’t dial out but have found out that if you move the bike or even sit on it hard, the iPhone now thinks you’re driving and it won’t let you dial out. It may be a sensitively issue.

This maybe due to a phone setting.  The phone seems to be set to do not disturb when driving.  Its in setting, do Not Disturb very near bottom of that screen

I am now using the 11Pro Max with the 13.2 IOS.  I have had zero issues with sync, calling out, or receiving calls. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 11:41:16 AM »

Well, I have the answer to why I couldn’t dial out. Apple has it’s ways to get people to upgrade their supposedly still supported iPhones. The syncing the phone book issue is like a warning to people that have borderline older phones to get them to upgrade if you don’t want problems but, if you are stubborn like me and won’t buy something new if what I have isn’t broken, they just start sending out upgrades with messed up features that older phones can’t work with. Got a call back from Harley customer care yesterday and the Apple guy there had trouble shot the issue and determined that the phone book issue and my not dialing out was because I was using a iPhone 7 that is supposed to be supported but has hardware/ software conflicts with the 13.1.2 upgrade.

I was already looking at new phones because my wife’s truck was having the same problems with her iPhone. I went a got a iPhone XR and paired and synced it so fast I couldn’t keep up and it works perfectly.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Glenncarp

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »

Well, I have the answer to why I couldn’t dial out. Apple has it’s ways to get people to upgrade their supposedly still supported iPhones. The syncing the phone book issue is like a warning to people that have borderline older phones to get them to upgrade if you don’t want problems but, if you are stubborn like me and won’t buy something new if what I have isn’t broken, they just start sending out upgrades with messed up features that older phones can’t work with. Got a call back from Harley customer care yesterday and the Apple guy there had trouble shot the issue and determined that the phone book issue and my not dialing out was because I was using a iPhone 7 that is supposed to be supported but has hardware/ software conflicts with the 13.1.2 upgrade.

I was already looking at new phones because my wife’s truck was having the same problems with her iPhone. I went a got a iPhone XR and paired and synced it so fast I couldn’t keep up and it works perfectly.

When I bought my '19 and plugged IPOD in it said could not recognize device. I am an Adnroid guy so no IPHONE. I learned for IPOD, you have yo have no later than 6th Gen. I found an IPOD touch on ebay for $50, says screen is blue, but I have not noticed. Works fine.

Now wife had her IPHONE Xs crash after last update. I mean crash so you can't even turn it on and last time it was on, it dialed 911 by itself and sheriffs arrived at house. She upgraded because we pay Verizon almost a car payment each month so I am now getting a refurbished Xs.

Wish this happened before I bought the IPOD two months ago! I am going to add the Xs to my Verizon account so I can use Carplay, wish Android would play nice with HD. I am sure I will be posting here with issues regarding Apple CArply and HD. Lol

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 09:13:34 AM »

Most computer hardware will eventually not have the resources to accommodate new software updates and so the hardware will eventually not be supported with new operating system updates and then may have integration issues or not work with newer systems.  Having said that, my very old ipod still in juke box and works fine.

Personally, I haven't updated my boom system in about 2 years, I remember one update didn't support the Oil pressure readout, so I installed the previous update that did.  All the other features seem to work fine.  Not even sure or really care what the latest update is. 

But i always update my iPhone and windows computers operating systems, there are too many vulnerabilities if you don't.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:17:48 AM by 68 XLCH »
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

USMarine9

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 StreetGlide CVO
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 02:47:20 PM »

Gents,
I may have found the problem.... at least for mine. I just traded in my 2015 SG CVO and bought the 2022 SG CVO. When I attempt to sync contacts some of mine did not show, so I read the forums with people saying to re-pair the phone and it may fix it. But I also looked in the Bluetooth on my Phone and when I select the Boom Audio in Bluetooth it asks which contacts you want so Sync and mine was auto selected all. I selected manually "My Contacts" and then did a re-sync and it found my contacts I was looking for. FYI this was on Iphone and IOS Version 15.4.1

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 23 queries.