Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: HD Factory race team  (Read 24381 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Wut the hell was that maneuver

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

Re: HD Factory race team
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 10:52:07 PM »

It seems there is interest in road racing baggers.  :pineapple:

Bagger Racing League

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/03/11/bagger-racing-league-expands-over-100-riders-ready-to-race/

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 06:13:24 AM »

Entertaining to watch, yup. Biased towards Polaris? Absolutely. With the announcement of IM being a partner in the whole thing make my interest level drop. Everyone makes a big deal about the Polaris Challenger thrashing the HD bikes. Yup, liquid cooled vs air cooled is fair. They seem to forget to mention that. Let's toss a Beemer bagger or even better yet, an F6B in the mix and see what happens....

:soapbox:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 12:39:17 PM »

It seems there is interest in road racing baggers.  :pineapple:

Bagger Racing League

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/03/11/bagger-racing-league-expands-over-100-riders-ready-to-race/
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/indian-slaps-harley-davidson-again-becomes-king-of-the-baggers-official-partner-159158.html

Phil and Mike. You might look at this website, they are at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta end of April first of May. There were supposed to be 5 Baqger races but now have been cut to three with Indian being the main sponsor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 04:21:30 PM »

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/indian-slaps-harley-davidson-again-becomes-king-of-the-baggers-official-partner-159158.html

Phil and Mike. You might look at this website, they are at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta end of April first of May. There were supposed to be 5 Baqger races but now have been cut to three with Indian being the main sponsor.

Gary, the link you quoted me is a different race altogether than the King of the baggers series which you posted. It caught my eye about HD sponsoring a race team and throwing 30k at other teams running a HD in the King of the Baggers race series.

The BRL is testing the waters in a different way for the American v-twins road race competition in Utah, I’m sure rules and such will change frequently as all this is new but it seems they do have allot of interest, or so they say.

Competition at the race track is good for us between these two companies and I look forward to seeing what they got.

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 04:40:59 PM »

Dose the site your looking at have a race schedule? The one I looked at had 5 races but now have lowered it to only 3. The Bagger races are included in the Super Bike races as if you look at the schedule for road Atlanta it is over 3 days.

mark

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 08:11:38 PM »

Entertaining to watch, yup. Biased towards Polaris? Absolutely. With the announcement of IM being a partner in the whole thing make my interest level drop. Everyone makes a big deal about the Polaris Challenger thrashing the HD bikes. Yup, liquid cooled vs air cooled is fair. They seem to forget to mention that. Let's toss a Beemer bagger or even better yet, an F6B in the mix and see what happens....

:soapbox:
How is it biased towards Indian?  If the race is biased, that means it’s designed to favor IM and I don’t see that.  Having a better product isn't a bias.       

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 05:41:00 AM »

How is it biased towards Indian?  If the race is biased, that means it’s designed to favor IM and I don’t see that.  Having a better product isn't a bias.       
Being The sponsor of the race series sure has a lot of pull. Just rename it to "The IM liquid cooled vs the HD air cooled bike racing series " brought to you by the company with the apples instead of the oranges  >:(

You must have ignored the rest of on rant about inviting the other liquid cooled bikes into the mix.  :nixweiss:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 06:54:00 AM »

Dose the site your looking at have a race schedule? The one I looked at had 5 races but now have lowered it to only 3. The Bagger races are included in the Super Bike races as if you look at the schedule for road Atlanta it is over 3 days.

Yes, they originally had five races on the schedule, looks like they cut Barber in AL and Pittsburg in Pa racetracks for a three race series for the king of the baggers.

HD can run a 131 naturally aspirated vs a 111 for Indian, maybe Indian should give the HD's a spot too.  :drink:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:07:31 AM by TN »

mark

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 09:06:35 AM »

Being The sponsor of the race series sure has a lot of pull. Just rename it to "The IM liquid cooled vs the HD air cooled bike racing series " brought to you by the company with the apples instead of the oranges  >:(

You must have ignored the rest of on rant about inviting the other liquid cooled bikes into the mix.  :nixweiss:
This is a race created for American baggers, not European or Japanese, and sponsoring the race doesn’t change the rules.  Based on the results of the first race, Indian doesn’t need any “sponsor” pull to perform well.  I don’t know if you watched the first race, but the Indian won because of superior handling, braking, and design, not because it was liquid cooled.  There were HDs entered that had much more hp, including at least one turbo charged HD.  The third place finisher was a Roland Sands Challenger that had basically a stock engine. 

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 10:07:42 AM »

I think Harley should have stayed on the porch on this one.

The rider who won on the Indian ran off the friggin course after leading by a mile and caught the non HD sponsored, wink wink, Vance and Hines Street Glide and passed him like he was sitting still.
With more time to tweak the Indian, and more Indians in the field, I reckon I’d bet my money on the Tribe going on the warpath again.

They already run Harley out of the AMA Flattrack Series.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 01:30:24 PM »

Maybe HD should simply produce a liquid cooled bagger like everyone has been clamoring for since the release of the Revolution motor.  Holding on to the air cooled is no good if the company cannot sell bikes.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 08:29:14 AM »

This race keeps getting sponsors, not getting much track time or too much positive reviews by the super bike crowd. I like this event.

https://motoamerica.com/harley-davidson-becomes-an-official-partner-of-2021-motoamerica-series/

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 02:36:53 PM »

Race results........  :carrot:

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 08:02:54 PM »

Indian mounted Tyler OHara thumped them again. Harley may have to hire this guy away from S&S to win one.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.