Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Another Grand Design Momentum....  (Read 7644 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Another Grand Design Momentum....
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2021, 07:47:24 AM »

It’s the 5.3. I have a max tow rating of 9,600lbs. It does have a trans cooler and I added a brake controller. Has for payload I would have to double check the sticker. JC do you have a website for the brake upgrades you did to the trailer?

Performance Trailer Braking is based in Norman, Oklahoma.  However, Michael and Kelly have installers all over the nation.  Give Kelly a call and tell them that you were referred by JC Mooney......they know who I am.

https://performancetrailerbraking.com/
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2021, 07:51:39 AM »

I have done winter camping like that.  However I was not clear, by winter camping I meant leaving TN in Dec or Jan and going to TX/AZ/NM for a few months.  That said what ever route I go a want a very well insulated 4-season unit

LOL.....that's referred to as "snow birding".....and a few hundred thousand do it every winter.  That's why all the RV parks in Florida, Texas and Arizona are full every winter.  The population here in Tucson doubles in the winter due to all the snow birders.  And that's how we ended up buying here.  We spent a winter here in an RV park and came back the following winter and bought a small home in a Del Webb community (age restricted 55+).  We still RV all summer, all over the nation.  Just know that this life style is addicting if you're retired.  :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2021, 09:08:23 PM »

Nice change, wish you well with it.

I don't see my wife wanting to downsize from our 42' DRV yet. We have just got to comfortable with all the room and luxuries, especially the 1.5 baths.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2021, 08:12:34 AM »

LOL.....that's referred to as "snow birding".....and a few hundred thousand do it every winter.  That's why all the RV parks in Florida, Texas and Arizona are full every winter.  The population here in Tucson doubles in the winter due to all the snow birders.  And that's how we ended up buying here.  We spent a winter here in an RV park and came back the following winter and bought a small home in a Del Webb community (age restricted 55+).  We still RV all summer, all over the nation.  Just know that this life style is addicting if you're retired.  :P
I knew it was called snow birding, just kind of had a brain fart.  I could easily full time.  My wife on the other hand she wants no part of it.  I know FL is packed with Snow Birds.  Was stationed there when Active duty, and best time of year to RV, the parks were full.  Say a 50 mile Radius of Tuscon is one of the areas we would like to stay a few weeks.  So how far our to you have to reserve RV parks or campgrounds for Jan, Feb or March in the TX, AZ and NM?  Would really like a few weeks in one park and move to another.

Summer we still plan to take two or three two week trips a year on the motorcycles.  I also like being home as we live on the Watts Bar Lake, part of the TN river system.  If I had a big enough boat I could go to the Gulf of Mexico by water.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2021, 09:29:29 AM »

Dave,
We did 2 1/2 months in Gulf shores Alabama winter 2019, got lucky with the site and haven’t been able to get back.

With all the RV’s and boats bought in the virus panic it has gotten increasingly harder to find reasonable winter sites. Lots we were looking to purchase in 2018-19 have gone up 50% or more.
Many of the more desirable FLA sites not only jumped in price but many are now at a 4-6 month minimum- and they are getting it.

We have snowbird’ last and this winter at our home in Delaware.

MV 2013

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2021, 09:26:49 AM »

Dave,
We did 2 1/2 months in Gulf shores Alabama winter 2019, got lucky with the site and haven’t been able to get back.

With all the RV’s and boats bought in the virus panic it has gotten increasingly harder to find reasonable winter sites. Lots we were looking to purchase in 2018-19 have gone up 50% or more.
Many of the more desirable FLA sites not only jumped in price but many are now at a 4-6 month minimum- and they are getting it.

We have snowbird’ last and this winter at our home in Delaware.

I was afraid you were going to say that.  RV prices have gone up crazy.  Units I was interested in end of 2019 beginning of 2020 have gone way up, a 240K motorhome is now 310K or more MSRP if you can get one.  They were taking close to 20% off in 2019 and now they take nothing off.  Makes sense camp sites are the same.  That sure hurst the wallet.

I really do not like the 4 to 6 month stay.  I'm wanting much shorter like 3 or 4 weeks max.  Not big on FL, as we have seen most of it many times.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2021, 11:29:58 AM »

I really do not like the 4 to 6 month stay.  I'm wanting much shorter like 3 or 4 weeks max.  Not big on FL, as we have seen most of it many times.

The Florida thing is for wintering. The nicer parks in the Fort Myers area are $3-4K a month with the 4-6 month minimum, plus electric - if you can get it.
Even with most of Canada blocked last year with border crossings it was still hard to find a spot if you want to be anywhere near the water.

Our trailer is a DRV, for the past 5-6 months if you placed an order there was no firm price and the contract stipulated a potential 5-6% increase per month until delivery. And those deliveries are between 6-8 months. We ordered our at the Hershey 09/2017 and picked it up around Memorial Day 2018.

I was ready to trade it on on a DP last year and had Hershey happened we probably would have. But not now.

It's not much different with boats and finding slips. We are fortunate enough to have our dock but if we didn't I'd be trailering all the time.

MV 2013

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.