Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2021 CVO Limited No longer includes adjustable passenger floorboards  (Read 6706 times)

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: 2021 CVO Limited No longer includes adjustable passenger floorboards
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2021, 01:52:40 PM »

They still have the adjustable mounts on Ronnie's Harley Davidson Parts Finder, which are the same part numbers as my 2019 mounts, maybe they will supply them later, I work at an Audi dealer, right now when you buy a new one, you only get one key/remote because of the chip shortage, their suppose to supply the second one when they have stock?? 
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2021, 03:11:21 PM »

The simple solution I offered to Harley customer service was to commit to me that once they become available, I would receive a set. They refused.

vtwinjim

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2021, 11:35:27 AM »

You should be upset.

So I went onto Harley's website to see if they gave a detailed description of your bike. Couldn't find anything detailed.
Next I compared it to a standard Limited. Again not enough detail.
I then went to the bottom of their web page and clicked on the Owners Manuals link. I loaded my 2015 CVO Limited VIN number, went to vehicle documents, and clicked on Owner's Manual. Clicked on Controls and Indicators, and then clicked on Adjustable Passenger Foot Boards. It showed how to adjust them.

My thought is if the Owner's Manual for your bike has the Adjustable Foot Boards instructions, then the bike should have them. Call again and have them explain this if they show up for your year bike.

I also went to the parts section and there is currently a 12 week wait for Adjustable Passenger Foot Boards.

Seems like they don't have these and are throwing on standard brackets.

Good Luck

MC16LTD

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited (FLHTKSE)
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2021, 01:12:11 AM »

I would be upset, but nowdays I guess it is to be expected from the MoCo.   It is probably true being a supply chain issue, all the parts from China are sitting in ships off the coast in California.

I have bought my last CVO and probably last HD, my 16 has IMO one of the last decent paint jobs for a Limited and came with chrome accessories.   For what the MoCo wants for the new ones with the dated tech, limited accessories, and crap paint schemes I am done with them; the CVO line used to be the dream bikes, now they are just profit.   :soapbox:
2016 CVO Limited Palladium Silver & Phantom Blu, Fullsac DX w/2" Power Cores and Sleeves, SERT, Wild1's 10" mini-apes, HogTrough drink holder for those hot or cold days.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2021, 01:43:25 AM »

Couldn’t agree more. I think I’m on my last Harley.

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2021, 01:37:36 PM »

Re last 2 responses about last HD. I say LOL famous last words. We all come back to the trough eventually. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2021, 02:14:26 PM »

Re last 2 responses about last HD. I say LOL famous last words. We all come back to the trough eventually.

Not all.  Last new bike I bought was a 2005.  That was the last of quite a few over lots of years.  Issues mounted thereafter and were compounded by company behavior.  I rely on good aftermarket for parts everywhere I can for all my bikes and really can not envision buying a new machine from Mother Harley.  No knock on those that love the new bikes or even some of the improvements seen in the company and its engineering.  I'm just someone they lost though.  If shopping new it'd be Indian or Goldwing.  But, realistically, my old bikes do everything I need them to and do so more reliably and with less expense.  Some stuff on the newer machines I could not work on at home.  Can do anything that needs to be done on the relics I have here.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2021, 02:52:14 PM »

I rely on good aftermarket for parts everywhere I can for all my bikes and really can not envision buying a new machine from Mother Harley.  No knock on those that love the new bikes or even some of the improvements seen in the company and its engineering.  I'm just someone they lost though.

This is my position to a "T".  I'm keeping the 2006 Harley I have, and I just bought a GoldWing.  Threads like this one leave me feeling angry and frustrated.  Angry at the MoCo, and frustrated for the original poster.

It shouldn't be like this.  But it is, and we accept it. 
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2021, 03:00:26 PM »

This is my position to a "T".  I'm keeping the 2006 Harley I have, and I just bought a GoldWing.  Threads like this one leave me feeling angry and frustrated.  Angry at the MoCo, and frustrated for the original poster.

MoCo is playing a Jenga game with their bikes.  Question is - how many parts will they remove before the whole thing falls down? 

Am on my last HD unless something unforeseen happens, like I win 1 in a drawing.  Paying more for less is much too common these days as a business marketing strategy & as long as we pay & play, it will continue.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2021, 04:33:18 AM »

I bought mine in Jan 2021. Adjustable passenger floorboards have become a must since the missus is vertically challenged, lol. I would contact Harley if yours dont and see what they say:

HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTOR COMPANY

To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer care representative please call 800-258-2464 or 414-343-4056.

Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time (CDT).

To contact the Motor Company directly, please write:

Harley-Davidson Customer Care

3700 W. Juneau Avenue

Milwaukee, WI 53208

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 04:39:03 AM by kojak »
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2021, 08:28:41 AM »

I had the Goldwing (2019) for 2 yrs and hated it every moment. Went from a '16 CVO Ltd to '19 GW and now back to a '21 CVO Ltd. IMO no comparison, I like the CVO much better. My FIL has had GWs all his life and wouldn't buy anything else. To each his own, hope you enjoy your GW, it's a great bike but just not for me.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2021, 03:34:02 PM »

GM is doing basically the same thing, at least on the trucks. You no longer get heated seats, heated steering wheel or Auto start/stop and no HD radio station availability and only get pennies off the price for the lack of these items. BUT they will notify you, or the dealer(?) when the items are available as a kit and will be retro-fit for FREE.
HD should own-up and do the same.

CVO To Go

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2021, 09:24:27 PM »

I would be upset, but nowdays I guess it is to be expected from the MoCo.   It is probably true being a supply chain issue, all the parts from China are sitting in ships off the coast in California.

I have bought my last CVO and probably last HD, my 16 has IMO one of the last decent paint jobs for a Limited and came with chrome accessories.   For what the MoCo wants for the new ones with the dated tech, limited accessories, and crap paint schemes I am done with them; the CVO line used to be the dream bikes, now they are just profit.   :soapbox:
  Totally agree with you especially since I have the same bike.  I love the silver and blue.  No better looker IMO.

Dave

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2021, 03:15:10 AM »

Disagree! Love the bronze armor. Wasn’t sure how all finish on the metal parts would hold up but one year later, so far so good.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2021, 07:33:14 PM »

Plain and simple. The bean counters had to justify their lucrative salaries and had to delete the adjustable passenger foot boards. They did the same thing with the 2020 CVO bikes by deleting satellite radio, CVO rider foot board mounts (cheap black mounts instead of the aluminum they've always had) and quite a few other items.
I got rid of my 2020 CVO Limited and am through with Harley.
Besides, within 5 years, they will either go belly up or more likely be sold to an overseas company.
As with everything, they had a long run and it's time for it to end.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.