Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: No More Online Discounts on OEM parts?  (Read 2340 times)

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
Re: No More Online Discounts on OEM parts?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 04:00:02 PM »

Has anyone placed an order with Surdyke after January 1st?  There is nothing about the new policy on their website so I was curious if an order would go through or if it kicks out when you put in your shipping address. My parts are on back order until the 28th but I have not received any correspondence indicating that my order will not be filled.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 06:02:49 PM »

Has anyone placed an order with Surdyke after January 1st?  There is nothing about the new policy on their website so I was curious if an order would go through or if it kicks out when you put in your shipping address. My parts are on back order until the 28th but I have not received any correspondence indicating that my order will not be filled.
I went on there website and checked pricing, they where about 20% off retail, I went on New Castle, you can't even buy at retail from them unless you live in there area, if I was a dealership I would be pissed that I can't sell to who I want and for how much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2022, 10:16:40 PM »

There is nothing (except greed) stopping local dealers from price matching the online dealers.  If they are too lazy to get in the online sales game, then maybe they should sell their dealership to someone who WANTS to grow the business and make money. One thing is certain, anytime the free market is interfered with, the consumer is the one who pays.

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2022, 10:29:14 AM »

There is nothing (except greed) stopping local dealers from price matching the online dealers.  If they are too lazy to get in the online sales game, then maybe they should sell their dealership to someone who WANTS to grow the business and make money. One thing is certain, anytime the free market is interfered with, the consumer is the one who pays.
Amen to that. And let me add- I have been slowly moving away from H-D. Out of my last 4 bike purchases, 3 have been other brands. The loyal H-D customer (like us guys on here) are increasingly fed-up with this company and their products. Why are they pushing us to the competition?

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2022, 11:50:22 AM »

I've had a pretty good relationship with my local dealer. BUT, I've ordered things online from other dealers because of pricing. asked local dealer to match the online price & was told he couldn't buy it for that price, much less sell it for that price. I call BS. how can one dealer sell to me ( and you know they're still making a profit) less than the local can buy it. maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the MOCO is selling the same parts to different dealers at different pricing. I told local guys I'd like to keep money local but I can't see giving away extra thousands because of dealership greed on mark up. my daughter used to work in motor clothes & I know what she could get me clothes & parts for( even with the mark up over cost for her). it's crazy on the mark up.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 11:55:10 AM »

And....in Canada......it's even worse!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

MC16LTD

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited (FLHTKSE)
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2022, 01:48:53 AM »

MoCo bikes are over priced ($50K for a yellow CVO RGU) now add forced price fixing to parts, let'em rot.  Won't have to worry soon about buying online OEM from anyone when they are out of business.  Have a couple rides planned over the next couple months and then Thelma may be on the for sale pages.
2016 CVO Limited Palladium Silver & Phantom Blu, Fullsac DX w/2" Power Cores and Sleeves, SERT, Wild1's 10" mini-apes, HogTrough drink holder for those hot or cold days.

05Quadrasteer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2020 Road Glide CVO
    • CVO2: 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
    • CVO3: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2022, 06:36:07 AM »

To those asking if Surdyke is still taking orders at their normal reduced prices.  YES.  I need a new starter, price at HD is $434.95, Surdyke price is $325.41.  I placed my order on Tuesday and received the shipping notice this morning.
Bill
2023 Road Glide CVO
2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.