Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ride Planner glitch  (Read 1150 times)

spence

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2020 CVO Limited
Ride Planner glitch
« on: February 04, 2022, 09:07:19 AM »

So here in Western PA this is the time of the year I take my highlighted maps and transpose the info into ride planner for this years rides.  Normally I dont have any trouble with it, ride planner isnt the best but it serves its purpose.  For the past few weeks I have run into an issue with it, I put in Start and Destination and then when I try and drag the route to a specific road I want to travel instead of moving the route it adds that waypoint after the destination.  I have tried a few things to make it just drag over but it isnt working for me anyway.  Anyone else having this issue?  Using Google Chrome.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Ride Planner glitch
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 10:16:47 AM »

Yes. I had something very similar happen last time I plotted a route. To me on its best day the Harley ride planner is extremely glitch. Yes, it's free but seems to take a long time to set up a route because you are always having to undo and redo the way points.

I don't know of another service that does this I'm sure there are some. But I gotta say even after all the glitch problems loading the route from the HD app on my phone to my bike is so so nice and easy.
Sorry I don't have a solution for you. I just kept undoing and redoing until I got the route I wanted. Good luck

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

spence

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 01:29:02 PM »

Thanks Hondo.  Being able to send from my phone to the bike is the main reason I keep using it.  Ill try maybe on Microsoft Edge instead and see if that works. 

FLHXHS

• 2020 FLHTKSE
    • BC

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE [traded - I miss her]
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 08:41:10 AM »

I was going to suggest a different browser. I use Chrome all the time, but Firefox seems to work better with Harley-Davidson Ride Planner. I am on OSX also - which sometimes changes things...

Google Maps to get the initial planning done.
Google Sheets to compose the plan and validate distance / time.
Basecamp to avoid the Google Maps seasonal closures, and then can create GPX files.
Harley-Davidson Ride Planner as a backup - it is somewhat easier than Basecamp, but it's finicky.

Oh: a long winter, and a beverage of choice helps in this process.  :drink:

spence

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 07:08:43 AM »

Figured out the workaround.  I put in my starting and ending locations, instead of dragging the line to create a new waypoint I right clicked on the road I wanted and added a waypoint, this worked.  Now I can get back to mapping some trips.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 05:57:59 PM »

Figured out the workaround.  I put in my starting and ending locations, instead of dragging the line to create a new waypoint I right clicked on the road I wanted and added a waypoint, this worked.  Now I can get back to mapping some trips.
Check out MyRoute Apps, very similar to ride planer but works a lot better. They may have a free trial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.