Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boombox GTS updates  (Read 586 times)

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
Boombox GTS updates
« on: February 21, 2022, 03:48:29 PM »

I am in England so what I detail below may only be relevant to the European updates, but maybe the American / Rest of the World bikes may also have a similar process.
Some info for those that have the Harley BoomBox GTS infotainment head unit on their 2019 + bikes.
Today I updated the Boombox GTS software from version MY21-20-28-00 to the latest version namely MY22-21-28-00. Six packages of data were transfered from the flash drive and the update was installed successfully.
Following this I initiated an update of the Navigation Map Database from version EU-MY2021-1 to the latest version namely EU-MY2022-1 (after paying Naviextras through the nose for the upgrade). This is were things got weard. Upon putting the flash drive into the bike's USB socket, the BoomBox GTS flashed up a message to say that the "BoomBox software MY22-21-28-00 was already installed and did I wish to overwrite it". What the notice should have said was "Do I wish to update the Mapping Database from version EU-MY2021-1 to EU-MY2022-1 "
I thought about it for a while and threw caution to the wind and hit the overwrite button, with fingers crossed, because these head units are a tadge on the fickle side of software reliability. Two packages of data then transfered from the flash drive and the mapping software updated successfully to version EU-MY2022-1 The install process also updated the Dealer Database from DLR-MY2020-2 to DLR-MY2021-3
Yes I use my phone to navigate, but sometimes an inbuilt nav system pays off in poor reception areas or when the phone gets vibrated to pieces by our not so smooth Harleys. 🙂

FLHXHS

• 2020 FLHTKSE
    • BC

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE [traded - I miss her]
Re: Boombox GTS updates
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 09:06:28 AM »

When I just did my update, the same thing occurred. The firmware files are still on your stick, and would need to be deleted so by rights, you've re-reflashed your GTS. Just takes time, or you can delete them and move forward. I chose to update the dealer database and NOT the map. $200 CAD for a map updae, there are Waze around that...  ;)

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.