Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clearwater's Krista on 2018 CVO Road Glide  (Read 499 times)

SEsupply2

• Senior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
Clearwater's Krista on 2018 CVO Road Glide
« on: March 27, 2022, 11:03:22 AM »

Sorry for the long post.

I bought and mounted a set of these on my 18 CVO RG.....not the best mechanic or electrician so I took my time wiring them up per the instructions that came with them. I bought the HD fog light switch #71400032 which has one switch and 2 dummy plugs, mounted it in my left part of the nacelle (pic included) and it was plugged into the harness behind my gauges. The dimmer switch is mounted on my left clutch perch area.

Once i got everything wired up I have no lights. I had been in contact with Clearwater during this whole installation as I was not sure what wires were tapped into as the colors in their installation manual did not match mine.
The white wire from their harness is tapped into the high beam wire on the headlight harness (optional), and the red wire is tapped into the low beam or switched accessory hot, so I tapped into my low beam wire (I hope). When they say 'switched hot' do they mean when your switch is on it's HOT and when it's off it's NOT? I might need to move that one or check somehow to see if it's actually hot.

Now, onto the HD switch...........their instructions said tap into the Red/Blue wire.....don't have that as their instructions were for a 2015 RG, not a 2018 CVO RG...so they did some checking on the wiring schematic and said Violet/Blue.....which i did.

Nothing.........has anyone ever installed these on a 2018 or year close and used that switch?

Some of said i need to buy this switch kit #71400129, but it's not made for my 18 CVO according to the HD website. Some said on roadglide dot org I need to tap into my turn signals......but that was from a RG Special owner, my wiring harness is different on a CVO.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 12:07:31 PM by SEsupply2 »
2018 FLTRXSE
Fullsac MX pipe and S&S MK45's
Corbin dual touring seat
SOUNDZ Amp, Iron 65 & Iron 57 speakers
HD king tourpak w/chopped backrest
Metalsport luggage rack
JH Choppers floorboards
Freedom windshield 13"
Ciro3d cupholders
Ohlins 159 shocks
Avon grips/pegs

SEsupply2

• Senior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Clearwater's Krista on 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 04:33:34 PM »

Wow, hard to believe nobody has mounted a set of Kristas on a RG that can help.
2018 FLTRXSE
Fullsac MX pipe and S&S MK45's
Corbin dual touring seat
SOUNDZ Amp, Iron 65 & Iron 57 speakers
HD king tourpak w/chopped backrest
Metalsport luggage rack
JH Choppers floorboards
Freedom windshield 13"
Ciro3d cupholders
Ohlins 159 shocks
Avon grips/pegs

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.