Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Andoid Auto work arounds  (Read 883 times)

Glenncarp

Andoid Auto work arounds
« on: March 03, 2022, 03:30:26 PM »

Went on ride yesterday, decided to use Android Auto instead of HD maps. Frustrating day. USB cable kept coming loose in phone so I had to reach into glove box and unplug and plug it back in, this actually happened as I needed to make a turn and had to circle block after reconnecting phone.

I use Apply play app in my truck EVERY day, no issues, on bike, AA would not let me access any music from my library, ,kep saying "Accessing files"

Fixed USC C issue at stop, asked cigar place for rubberband, tied entto phone cable, looped other end around phone, did not disconnect on entire ride home. Looked for a professional type connection today in we, nothing. I am imagining this may be a Shark Tank product to design.

I Googled Apply play issue and all posts advised to clear cashe and data on Apple Play app, AA app and Goofle play service app. Did that, worked fine this AM.

Should it be this tough to get things to work on $30K+ pleasure vehicles or are we asking for too much?

Saw mid year RG CVO, $41,000K plus! I owned 2 CVO's prevoulsy and I'd have to be nuts to spend that kind of money on inferior technology, kudos to you guys that do, I'm happy with my $26K RG Special.

spence

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2020 CVO Limited
Re: Andoid Auto work arounds
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 08:29:01 AM »

Tried Android auto for the first time Saturday.  Worked well except for the disconnecting issue that you also had.  Think if my phone fit all the way in and could shut the door it may stay connected but Im not 100% sure.

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 08:32:05 AM »

Mine does fir all the way in a Road Glide glove box, its the bumps/viratios that make mine diconnect. Factory cableseems to do it loss, rubberband solves it all

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 10:39:41 PM »

So, other than the lack of a $75 HD branded rubber band it worked fine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

lorenc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 08:48:47 AM »

A buddy of mine had disconnect problems so bad that it was unusable. He found out there was newer software available for the bike and after that upgrade, all problems are cured.

Glenncarp

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 10:40:46 AM »

So, other than the lack of a $75 HD branded rubber band it worked fine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Free rubberband from cigar shop, worked perfectly

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 10:41:59 AM »

A buddy of mine had disconnect problems so bad that it was unusable. He found out there was newer software available for the bike and after that upgrade, all problems are cured.

That does not make sense to me, good for him, but in my case, it is clearly the phone cable comming loose from the phone, not sure how an update can fix that issue.

Scojo2

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 03:07:13 PM »

Yes the rubber band trick works along with following the directions. It states to turn off notifications on your phone as well.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.