Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: What Happened CVO Forum?  (Read 9404 times)

sixgun95

• Full CVO Member
What Happened CVO Forum?
« on: April 12, 2022, 10:10:11 PM »

Piss poor participation - what happened?  This forum used to be great. Maybe it was coincidental with CVO's selling north of $40K
2015 Ultra Limited Low

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
Re: What Happened CVO Forum?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 05:21:09 AM »

Lots of competition with Facebook groups and other forums. Also the overly zealous forum policing is irritating (moving posts etc). I still post here occasionally but not my main source of info/participation.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 07:29:20 AM »

I think the big thing is the people who participated a whole lot are buying less CVO bikes.  I know that is the case for a few of us for sure.  I also think the new bikes are generating less excitement.  Also Harley is producing fewer CVO bikes.

I check this forum almost every day, there are much less posts.  I actually like the fact posts are moved to correct sub forums.  I am on a couple forums where they are never moved, and that makes it a mess to find stuff or clogs forms with stuff that doesn't belong there.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 09:17:04 AM »

no mater how a forum is managed some will be happy and some wont.

that said i believe forums are a dying breed in todays internet, it gets harder and harder to compete with facebook / twitter / instagram / snapchat / whatever else is out there today i havent heard of.

adding to the ever changing landscape of the internet is the fact that todays CVO(s) dont seem to have the same draw they once did given what we get for the additional $$$

do posts get moved around yes but truthfully 90% of the administration time spent on this forum is keeping spammers and scammers away for ruining everyone's experience here.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 10:00:24 AM »

Interesting, personally I won't participate in Facebook, Twitter and the others you mentioned mainly because there a bunch of woke companies helping to destroy society..... and yes there several other companies I no longer purchase any of their products for the same reason.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 10:28:57 AM »

I agree. I get on here and look around every day and there is less and less.
Kind of surprising considering this year's CVO's are actually Really nice for a change.
But in full disclosure, I have joined a couple CVO forum's on Facebook recently.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 10:36:12 AM »

no mater how a forum is managed some will be happy and some wont.

that said i believe forums are a dying breed in todays internet, it gets harder and harder to compete with facebook / twitter / instagram / snapchat / whatever else is out there today i havent heard of.

adding to the ever changing landscape of the internet is the fact that todays CVO(s) dont seem to have the same draw they once did given what we get for the additional $$$

do posts get moved around yes but truthfully 90% of the administration time spent on this forum is keeping spammers and scammers away for ruining everyone's experience here.

I concur on all of your points yer honor!  And I'm still riding the last CVO that I bought about eight years ago.......simply because nothing since then has yanked my chain.  There was a time when you could tell the model and year simply by it's custom paint scheme.....but the past few years they're just all vanilla......yet they want even more $$$ for them.    I was born at night but it wasn't last night.   :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 11:04:01 AM »

People are not buying as many Harleys, & the interest in big cruiser bikes is not as popular with the majority of the young whippersnappers as it was with the Boomers.  Boomers quit riding, buy stuff like Ebicycles or golf carts, & eventually die off.  There are dozens of pages on FB that are Harley themed, some good, some lousy.  Competition for time on the net increases. This forum is still a great resource for real info from real riders without as much flotsam & jetsam as other places.

Or the decline in posts is due to Climate Change & the massive increase in atmospheric CO2 levels.   :nixweiss:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 11:33:53 AM »

What happened? In no particular order:

The absurd, increased cost of CVO motorcycles, service, parts and everything else Harley.
The pandemic or more accurately, people's unreasonable fears.
Gas prices.
Declining testosterone levels in American males. https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhowe/2017/10/02/youre-not-the-man-your-father-was/?sh=383be89b8b7f

:huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 12:34:52 PM »

I'll take a conventional forum anyday over facebunk.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2022, 01:05:48 PM »

Piss poor participation - what happened?  This forum used to be great.

I have really enjoyed this site and choose not to have a FB account like some of you. I've also noticed a huge decline in activity. I check in daily as part of my routine. I've looked into other forums as well but they are somewhat frustrating and tough to navigate. Really hate the ads. Neal has spoiled us with the quality and ease of use here on this site. Keep up the good work Neal!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 01:12:37 PM »

I gave up my CVO due to unreliability due to dealer incompetence ...now have a non-CVO RG LTD...and a different dealer....one on the mainland that does pick-ups/ drop-offs on the Island.

Just the need for this service is a pretty good indicator of the quality service available here on the Vancouver Island.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2022, 01:16:27 PM »

Yes it's nice to see all the new bikes, see what accessories there are and compare.  But for me I'm all about the riding and friendship.  I just want to see my friends and ride, regardless of what bike they own.

So I'll call myself selfish.  In this regard I have "planned" the last couple of CVO WestCoast GTGs.  I don't do this because I like to, I do it as a chance to see Andy, Greg, Marty, Jock, Simon, Gabe, James, John, Wayne, JC, Dave, Van (if he doesn't turn around and ride back home) and meet new people and continue the friendship.  Heck I'd be thrilled if Ernie and Vernee could come out from the east coast and join us.  Just a once a year meet up with friends for fun.  Last two years I was overseas so I didn't get a chance to ride. If folks can make it, great. If not, there's always next time. And not to kid ourselves most folks on this forum have multiple bikes, and if they want to ride other brands I'm good with that too.  Chris and Anne (Riding Ruby) went BMW, and that's great.  I just hope they can make it, I'd love to see them.  Panhead Jimmy went Corvette but still managed to make it to Cody, Wyoming.

And on the Darker Side some members like Roger and my cousin Alan will never ride again.  That could happen to any of use, so let's enjoy each others company on the road while we can. On the other hand I know all about conflicting work schedules, family vacations and other commitments. That's why there's always next year for those who can't make it.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 11:09:40 PM »

Well said, Mark.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2022, 08:19:51 AM »

I am on Facebook and in some CVO groups.  That said, the information here is way easier to find, and more accurate. 

CVO is pricing them selfs out of the market in my opinion.  First one had an MSRP of 32K.  Same bike, SERG no longer has a passenger back rest, quick detach hardware, XM and many other things and is almost 49K.  That is only 11K less than a Corvette.

Boomers are getting older so they are buying less CVO's or moving to convertibles.

Most under 45 cant consider a CVO, even those buying Harleys.

COVID has caused irrational fear in some, and caused them to step away from motorcycles.

Inflation and rising cost of gas has people changing priorities. 

This is still my favorite forum, good people and good information.  Much better source than social media like Facebook, twitter and what ever else.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2022, 05:58:40 PM »

I got no skin in this game, OP asked a question and just about every response here is either from a moderator or long time member. I dont agree with dealer pricing of cvo's these days but Harley sells everyone of these bikes they make so there is still a vibrant cvo community out there. Key to improving anything is identifying how you can improve. If this continues to remain a largely insular, self cycling online community, it will remain stagnant. No offense intended.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2022, 06:16:56 PM »

As I have matured (aged), I find that activities that bring fellowship into play are the ones that satisfy me. I ride with friends that are on Harleys, Hondas, Indians and so on. I do not think any less of a person because of what they ride. This is a CVO site and we are all proud of our rides and the fellowship it brings. I will never join Facebutt, twitcher,  or any of those social media sites. I chose long ago to live in the “real world” with real people talking about real things. And I feel like conversing on here is just like the real world. We share things common to all of us, disagree with some of us and hopefully respect every one of us. I enjoy my time spent on this site and have learned many things from you guys (some of it was totally useless or down right funny) If I knew everyones face on this site, I would stop and help any one of you if needed, no matter what you were riding.

Can’t get that from Facebutt or twitcher.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 06:57:24 PM »

I'm with Threephase

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 09:31:35 PM »

To me this site has more useful information on my 18 year old bike than any other.  I have yet to run across an issue that has not already been discussed here.  I think people are less likely to tinker with new bikes than they were with the Twin Cams, Evos, Shovels, etc.  With all the power and electronic gadgetry that comes with the the new models (not to mention the fear of voiding their warranties) maybe they are satisfied and have no reason to modify their rides, and if you take a glimpse at other H-D forums most of the topics are about modifying.  So if you’re not into modifying your bike or have any interest in doing your own maintenance, forums like this really don’t have much appeal, other than looking at pictures or reading the occasional funny joke.

I love this forum…I have never been insulted or belittled here (even when I deserved it by using the wrong torque value on the handlebars clamps…don’t ask). It seems like the other H-D forums are a bunch of keyboard bad-asses whose only pleasure in life is playing the one-up game to see who can be the biggest smart-ass to people who are seeking advice.  I’m not on Facebook (never will be) but  I suspect it’s not much different.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2022, 01:00:55 PM »

Maybe there are less new CVO's, but there is no less not new CVO's.  I check this site almost everyday.  I'm not on fakebook or any of the other social media platform and only contribute to specific sites when I feel it has some meaning.  Unfortunately for this site and others like it is that there is so much competition from sites where people "like to hear the sound" of their own posts or draw some weird validation from their contribution! I guess I should read less & post more!  This is a great site, I've gotten some great knowledge & entrainment from it
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2022, 01:54:25 PM »

Been on this site since July 04 under one name or another. Hardly ever agree with the moderators except for Greg. Have in the past gathered some good info from site but those days seem over, too many other sites that are much more current and less moderated. But really not sure what good a forum is anymore with visuals like YouTube available for free with a much easier to use search engine. But I am about done riding, soon as I can sell my current one so my opinion really has no bearing on the future. I know there is one moderator that will probably ban me, again, for 24 hours or longer but we all have opinions, I just don't value his.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2022, 12:06:15 AM »

I have had 3 CVO's and on each one (still have 2 of them) most of the ideas to blow my money have come from this forum. First thing I do each night when I log on my computer is to check out what new posts are up. Agree over the years the content is down though still good IMO.
Alan

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2022, 08:43:04 AM »

The cvo world is changing. And the people who buy them.

Check out the latest from HD. The newest no longer have the top line engine, the accessories, etc.
People I know who have the latest cvo’s miss the accessories that used to be included.
My personal pet peeve is the missing heel shifter! LOL

My friend from Houston came to town yesterday and is in the market for a new Streetglide cvo. His last one that he still has is a 2003 that he will probably keep.

He has no interest in this forum or any others and relies on our group to what works and what doesn’t.
I have a good network of friends I have met over the years on here and other places and we still do our long rides and share our biking experiences like always.
Some of us are retired or retiring soon and have our last HD.
Most of the people I know who are in the business have retired or moved on.

As we get older, we see the next generation coming up with twitter’s Facebook etc. they seem to be having fun but it’s not for me. I went on our HOG ride Thursday and it was interesting to say the least. Those of you who have been on the HOG rides know what I’m talking about! LOL

This forum has been helpful to me over the years and I have made some great friends and probably a few non-friends (I apologize to those for not recognizing your issues) !

Neal and the others have done a great job keeping this going. It’s got to be difficult (impossible) to do that.
I’ll continue to read the questions/replies and answer questions that I have personal experience with to help the next generation until I move on to my hot rods and retire my bikes!

Carry on.
 :soapbox:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:35:38 AM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2022, 07:19:39 AM »

Been think more about this forum and its activity.  I believe the activity picked up when the M8 came out.  People were wanting to learn about its issues.  People were trying to find solutions to the issues.  People wanted to learn what cams and such worked with the M8.  As problems got sorted on the M8, and lots of build information available the activity has slowed back down.

The touring frame is 14 years old.  Not much information needed on suspension modifications.  You can just search this forum and learn all about different suspension set ups.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2022, 05:50:21 PM »

Joined this site back in 2004 when a good friend bought a CVO. Got some really go info over the years and made some friendships with people all over the country that I wouldn't trade for anything. It has slowed down, but I still check in to see what is going on. Still try to make the GTG's although the past few years have been more difficult with work getting in the way.

Want to that Neal for keeping this going for all these years...and here's to another 20!

Mike 

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2022, 09:36:41 PM »

Great thread.  I have learned a wealth of information on this site, mostly by reading, reading and more reading.  There are a lot of smart people here and most are more than willing to help those of us that need helping. Especially when asking for it.  You guys are the ones I have come to trust as knowing what is true and what is BS.  A lot of other forums have guys that are trying things and have no foundation for what they are doing.  But I get frustrated when there are no new threads started, like in the Riding Gear or Cleaning threads----January/February are the last posts.  I like to see/hear what people are doing or using or looking for.  Maybe we are not making it welcoming enough for new members and their questions.  Neal needs to be commended for his work on the site. He has done a fantastic job keeping up with everything behind the scenes. Without him, there would be no CVOHARLEY.com.  Thanks Neal

I know I'm really confused by what JC says:    "I was born at night but it wasn't last night"  Maybe it's time I move on too!
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2022, 10:04:55 PM »

Great thread.  I have learned a wealth of information on this site, mostly by reading, reading and more reading.  There are a lot of smart people here and most are more than willing to help those of us that need helping. Especially when asking for it.  You guys are the ones I have come to trust as knowing what is true and what is BS.  A lot of other forums have guys that are trying things and have no foundation for what they are doing.  But I get frustrated when there are no new threads started, like in the Riding Gear or Cleaning threads----January/February are the last posts.  I like to see/hear what people are doing or using or looking for.  Maybe we are not making it welcoming enough for new members and their questions.  Neal needs to be commended for his work on the site. He has done a fantastic job keeping up with everything behind the scenes. Without him, there would be no CVOHARLEY.com.  Thanks Neal

I know I'm really confused by what JC says:    "I was born at night but it wasn't last night"  Maybe it's time I move on too!

My last sentence was a follow up to my comments just before my last sentence....."but the past few years they're just all vanilla......yet they want even more $$$ for them."   
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2022, 10:33:11 PM »

Yeah, I got what ya mean--not much changes, but the price. 
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Phaedrus

• Totally tubular!
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2009 XR1200 (modified)
    • CVO3: 2003 FLSTFI (modified)
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2022, 07:55:22 AM »

I like  the forum, and don't see a problem.  Over the past 10 years I've read it for valuable information.  I read far more now than in the past.  But like others I am sure, I only post when I have something new or additional to offer - and so much has already been covered that I don't post often.

I don't see any link between new CVO releases or CVO build quality, and forum participation.  Tech info chnges with new features or major design changes.  Once items have been covered, posts naturally off.

And if social gatherings aren't happening as often, I don't see that as a comment on the quality or state of the forum.

But what do I know, I just buy bikes, keep them, work on them, and ride them....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 07:57:12 AM by Phaedrus »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2022, 08:01:25 AM »

My last sentence was a follow up to my comments just before my last sentence....."but the past few years they're just all vanilla......yet they want even more $$$ for them."

This year they do have some really nice paint jobs.  That said, the price is way up, and features have been removed like XM, CB and so on.  On top of that, the CVO motor was always the biggest Harley had to offer, now its in other bikes too.  So there is less and less special about the CVO. 

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2022, 11:37:32 AM »

And if social gatherings aren't happening as often, I don't see that as a comment on the quality or state of the forum.

I think a lot of that has to do with folks and their schedules.  It's the old saying, you can't please everyone, so the best you can do is give a lot of advance notice. Those who can make it will. 

Mikey Tee has a good system, he just holds their yearly east coast gathering at Maggie Velley where they run the Dragon.  They have a motel preselected and they host it pretty much around the same time of the year. All of that makes it easier on the attendees.

For me, I want to see different places, especially National Parks.  That means planning the rides at different times of the year.  You don't want to do the Grand Canyon in late summer to avoid the heat.  You have to be selective about Yellowstone to avoid snow. Our time in Ouray Colorado was perfectly picked for the weather. And if you pick August, you run up against folks and their Sturgis rides, so there is a lot to consider. Like I posted earlier, all I want to do is ride with my friends, at least those who can make it.

I think the forum is doing well.  It's a great place to gather knowledge.  As an aside, I selected my used 2006 CVO Ultra because it that the 103 motor.  Reading about all the problems the 110s on here were having, seeing what some of my 110 owning friends went through really helped me with my choice.  I was at my local dealer, Bartels HD and was ready to pull the trigger on a 2007 CVO Ultra. The only thing holding me back was all the info here and my friends experiences.  So when Dave said he was selling his 2006, I jumped on it!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2022, 11:47:17 AM »

Covid has been tough on everyone these past couple of years and riding is no exception.

In 2020 with no restaurants open or no washrooms available for that matter in many parts we couldn't go too far, and therefore did little riding that year.  Meetings were basically put on hold and we attempted to get interested in other things.

Last year was much better, but we still saw very few fellow riders out and about as usual, but certainly more than in 2020.

We hope that this year will prove to be better and I'm sure I'm not alone in my thinking.

Unfortunately this break in our favourite pastime has afforded some of our friends time to think about how much longer they will ride, and quite a few have sold their bikes over the past couple of years.  Plus now that the used market has risen so much and they are getting top dollar for them, that has also pushed many to make the tough decision to sell.

I feel the reduced number of posts on this site is simply a combination of what we're all living with lately - a pandemic and age. 

I consider myself a long time member and still enjoy and get lots from this site, and hopefully add a little something every now and then.

Take care & ride safe and stay safe!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 11:49:57 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2022, 07:38:00 AM »

Grizzly,

My experience with 2020 and COVID I guess was different than most.  I started Chemo January 6th 2020.  It was 3 weeks treatment and then a week off, and repeat all the way through October.  I made a decision right away, I was going to enjoy my week off to the fullest.  So every week off treatment we rode somewhere.  We went to FL 3 times, went to Eureka Springs twice, OH once, and Outer Banks once.  Some areas were difficult to travel through, but most not bad, Ill was the worst we rode in.  We were able to find places to eat and stay.  Hotel cost was way down, and traffic was non existent.  I rode my record number of miles, 29,100 and that was in 10 months as I spent Nov and Dec in Houston for a stem cell transplant.

Traffic has gone nuts since the end of all the lock downs and mandates.  To me way worse than pre covid.

This is the first site I check every day.  I enjoy the information, most all the people. 

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2022, 07:58:15 AM »

I've been here since 2008, and was lurking for a long time prior to that.  There used to be pages of unread topics to peruse every morning.  Now it's much less.  I'm not a frequent contributor, mostly because I've never owned a CVO, but also because I concentrate largely on long distance (IBA, IBR style) rides.  That isn't a very popular topic with the general population.

While I do miss the sheer volume of technical discussion that used to be common place here, this forum still has a great group of contributors.  While the group seems to be shrinking, the members left have maintained a great level of integrity and decorum (for the most part :D). 

I agree with most of the contributing factors laid out in earlier posts, as they relate to the exclusivity of the CVO line, and the challenges that other social media options present to the traditional forum platform.

Big Lew
IBA #595

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2022, 07:08:06 AM »

Dave,

Sorry to hear of your illness.  So happy to hear you were able to make the most of your free time with lots of riding... More power to you!  I hope this year affords you more opportunities to roll for even more miles.

I believe here in Ontario things were a little tighter shut up than in the States.  We had our restaurant industry basically shut down for months and unfortunately many places never survived.  The ones who did survive are opening up now, but it will be a long time before things feel normal again.

All the very best for a complete recovery Dave, and here's to   :drink:  continued enjoyment of the open road.

Take care & ride safe,
Mike

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2022, 08:14:34 AM »

Dave,

Sorry to hear of your illness.  So happy to hear you were able to make the most of your free time with lots of riding... More power to you!  I hope this year affords you more opportunities to roll for even more miles.

I believe here in Ontario things were a little tighter shut up than in the States.  We had our restaurant industry basically shut down for months and unfortunately many places never survived.  The ones who did survive are opening up now, but it will be a long time before things feel normal again.

All the very best for a complete recovery Dave, and here's to   :drink:  continued enjoyment of the open road.

Take care & ride safe,
Mike

I am in remission.  I get checked again this May to make sure I'm still in remission.  Canada was shut down much tighter than most of the USA.  I have a daughter in Thunderbay Canada.  The States really varied on the Shut down.  Some were locked tight, while others were loosely locked.  In NC and TN for example it varied by county, rural areas were pretty much open, Cities were pretty much closed.

I doubt I will get 29K this year.  I will be over 20K for sure.  Trip to SD, a Trip to WI, a Trip to CO plus a FL trip planned so far.  CVO will do most the trips.  CO is on the Pan America as its for a Rawhyde off road training, then a couple days of Off road high country adventure.

Cancer taught me a few things.  A good attitude is key to everything, especially healing.  Live every day like its your last, you do not know which one is last.  It makes me love life that much more.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2022, 01:23:53 PM »

That's fabulous news Dave.

Funny thing is, while we've been chatting back & forth a friend just sent me this old article.

It is a great read that touches on just what you've been saying.

Keep on rolling down the country roads Dave for many, many years to come.

All the best,
Mike

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2022, 12:54:55 PM »

Just my opinion, times change and so do a lot of trends. That said, I don't believe CVO Harley is a trend or was ever meant to be!
True the past year or so we haven't spent as much time on the site as we usually did. Illness, weather, work schedules, retirements, Facebook, Twitter, Ect. have cut into a lot of free time.
This forum is really about the people that ride motorcycles. Harley-Davidson and mostly CVO's. Over the years things have changed and Harley's are still the main ride, but a lot more non CVO's. Still for the most part the people are still the same. We still have a great time at the GTG's where we greet old friends and make new ones. I for one plan on spending more time on this forum and promoting the site.

Mike

:drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2022, 09:38:34 AM »

this is a great site! it may have a few problems,but very few!! the good far outweighs the bad. i have really enjoyed and learned so much that has enhanced my cvo ownership. Neals creation is a masterpiece. other forums do not compare! thanks cvo harley and Neal for the last 20 years (13 for me). the site will have more interest in time. all things blossom and bloom. then it has another season to grow and bloom,again! you just cannot keep a good thing down. it will always find a way to shine.! thanks,Neal and many others who made this a truly good place to hang-out.  :cherry:

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2022, 01:06:51 PM »

Having just joined a very volatile FB group of old classmates where admins were blocking or removing strong opinions, I’ve always appreciated the admins here trying to keep things well organized & in check, with the primary focus on sharing our CVO experience & expertise.

Learning of issues with the Twin Cam 110 when it 1st came out & all the other components was invaluable including better non-OEM components, and sharing certain popular mods or how someone made their CVO their own has been great.

Now I don’t have the budget to afford much & don’t consider a motorcycle let alone a HD or better yet a CVO a toy or luxury, but I’ve always wanted a Harley since I was a kid & when I was finally in a position to afford making payments on one, I found a modern take on the old school springer with almost everything I liked.

I still drop in on this sight but have had a lot of personal things going on. Ironically due some of it I’ve been riding a lot more with my 1st & only bike ever owned since I bought it brand new back in August of 2008, a 2009 FXSTSSE3 with the Emerald Green flames on that rusty squiggle metal ground background with the Black Diamond primary color.

It’s cool to relate to other CVO owners, I only ride solo & don’t do any HOG, CVO, or other bike gatherings, but maybe some day I might drop in. It is still mind boggling to share information with another CVO springer owner in Switzerland, Australia, and everywhere else across this planet.

all I can say is thank you to Neal & the other moderators & members in making this a great group to be a member of, even a minimal participant like me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 06:55:30 PM by DarkEagle »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2022, 09:05:14 PM »

Great thread!
I have gained from this site many many close friends. I will always be indebted to Neal for this site and the friends I met here.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2022, 11:01:42 PM »

I also notice the decline and believe it's mostly due to Bookface, as it seems these days I get more information about what my CVO friends are up too from Susan via Bookface. Me, I think it's the devil, and refuse to join. LOL

Also I believe that there certainly is another component related to the isolation, maybe a better word would be abandonment, some folks feel with regard to HD Corporate. What we must remember is this site is not sponsored or affiliated with HD, it's the vision of one man, about 20 years ago. Thank You Neal!!!

I, like Mikeytee, pledge to help try to change that a bit, as I really enjoy the site and sometimes, well heck, most times, starting some manor of hopefully, humorous banter.

VIVA CVO Harley
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2022, 02:04:27 PM »

I also notice the decline and believe it's mostly due to Bookface, as it seems these days I get more information about what my CVO friends are up too from Susan via Bookface.

Also I believe that there certainly is another component related to the isolation, maybe a better word would be abandonment, some folks feel with regard to HD Corporate.

Another thing to consider is that we are not experiencing a decline, but rather a weeding out process. We all know of the rider who looks at motorcycles as a fad. They are really into it for 3-5 years and then move onto something else.

The rest of us here love motorcycles, and we have CVO’s. But truth be told, for some of us our love of this sport goes beyond CVO’s as reflected in the multiple brands some of us own and ride. We are the ones who keep showing up.

Hats off to us.

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2022, 03:11:53 PM »

very true

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2022, 10:00:19 AM »

Another thing to consider is that we are not experiencing a decline, but rather a weeding out process. We all know of the rider who looks at motorcycles as a fad. They are really into it for 3-5 years and then move onto something else.

The rest of us here love motorcycles, and we have CVO’s. But truth be told, for some of us our love of this sport goes beyond CVO’s as reflected in the multiple brands some of us own and ride. We are the ones who keep showing up.

Hats off to us.

Well said Mark.  Totally agree.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »

For some reason it's been painfully slow loading.....other sites seem to be fine though

« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 01:33:19 PM by dayne66 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2022, 01:51:58 PM »

I'm just here for the T&A.  Also, actually no, just the T&A.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2022, 05:36:37 PM »

For some reason it's been painfully slow loading.....other sites seem to be fine though

I reported this very issue a few months ago, I was told no-one else has said anything. At the time I was using safari, I’m now using Firefox with this site and it’s working much better for me. Just my real world experience.  :drink:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2022, 09:38:32 PM »

I'm Firefox also

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2022, 07:57:10 AM »

i use Chrome and see no issues, i cant explain why only one or two people would have an issue of loading slow

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2022, 08:15:11 AM »

I use Chrome and find the speed of loading very sporadic. Sometimes it's OK but other times it's really slow, when that happens I usually look at other sites/forums and come back later when this site has loaded.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2022, 08:32:50 AM »

I think the problem is on the site end with so many users/browsers experiencing the same issue on a continuing basis.

FWIW: I use Apple products which in turn use Google as their browser and have had the same periodic access issues for a long time. 

Ihope this helps in identifying the root cause.

Jerry

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2022, 09:04:56 AM »

at the very bottom of every page is a line like this

Code: [Select]
Page created in 0.233 seconds with 23 queries.
this indicates how long it took the web server to generate the page, doesn't tell how long it took to get it from the web server to your browser over the internet.

that number is all i have to go by for performance of the servers

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2022, 09:40:15 AM »

this indicates how long it took the web server to generate the page, doesn't tell how long it took to get it from the web server to your browser over the internet.

I am interested helping you resolve this issue. I think many others here are interested as well.

I think we can formulate a course of action to achieve a solution.

Violeiro

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2022, 12:48:12 PM »

The forum needs a modern upgrade…ability to use emoticons, faster loading of pages….need better tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2022, 02:38:15 PM »

The forum needs a modern upgrade…ability to use emoticons, faster loading of pages….need better tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guess,we are taking donations!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2022, 02:43:33 PM »

Using Chrome, I keep the cache cleaned up & the junk add ons, malware, etc. deleted.  This forum loads as faster as any other, faster than some.

Violeiro

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2022, 05:14:40 PM »

guess,we are taking donations!

We could…we could sell ads as well…the problem I see is the site is slow and the user experience is not there…. l am a new CVO owner, so I came here to get some info…but honestly, the guys are cool but the experience is lacking…. Think digital today is all about experience, people get likes and angry faces 😂

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2022, 05:27:01 PM »

Using Chrome, I keep the cache cleaned up & the junk add ons, malware, etc. deleted.  This forum loads as faster as any other, faster than some.

I use Chrome also......no problems loading or speed.....very fast.

West Coast GTG   

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2022, 06:08:43 PM »

The site seems to be much faster after we started talking about it.  :2vrolijk_21: 

Maybe setting a performance/ response standard would be helpful.  i/e “If your access takes longer than…. please let me know. Please copy the information at the bottom of the page and send it with your message”.

Just a suggestion…

Regards

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2022, 06:59:27 PM »

I use chrome also with no problems

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2022, 07:07:18 PM »

Using Firefox was the only thing that helped me here. My internet usage is your everyday common sites, news, shopping at regular places, a few forums, bookface, and midget porn/wrestling. Sometimes it does get hung up while using Firefox but that’s very intermittent. The only site I have this problem with is the CVO site.

I’ll try to see if I can get some common data that will help such as the info at the bottom the page, I was totally unaware of that info.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2022, 07:23:30 PM »

mine loads as fast or faster than other sites i visit.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2022, 07:34:16 PM »

We could…we could sell ads as well…the problem I see is the site is slow and the user experience is not there…. l am a new CVO owner, so I came here to get some info…but honestly, the guys are cool but the experience is lacking…. Think digital today is all about experience, people get likes and angry faces
NEVER! This isn't a corporate owned site. It has one guy that does it all and He does it quite well. The SMF platform may not be the "latest and greatest" but it also isn't owned by a conglomerate that does nothing other than push unwanted advertisement down our throats. There's a donation button up top for the people that wish to help out. Neal uses that money for hardware and anything else needed to run the site.

I myself have no issues using Chrome or the Tapatalk app.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2022, 08:51:54 PM »

I also use Chrome and RARELY have an issue. It's usually lightning fast.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 23 queries.

Thanks again Neal!!!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Violeiro

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
What Happened CVO Forum?
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2022, 09:04:39 PM »

NEVER! This isn't a corporate owned site. It has one guy that does it all and He does it quite well. The SMF platform may not be the "latest and greatest" but it also isn't owned by a conglomerate that does nothing other than push unwanted advertisement down our throats. There's a donation button up top for the people that wish to help out. Neal uses that money for hardware and anything else needed to run the site.

I myself have no issues using Chrome or the Tapatalk app.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

not my site, just suggestion…maybe move to the cloud instead of getting hardware
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 09:07:28 PM by Violeiro »

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2022, 07:46:05 AM »

I'm just using Edge and have no problems with the sight loading.  I did enjoy when there was a bit more traffic on it though.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2022, 07:48:48 AM »

The only time I see a slow down is when I need to clear out cashe and history. I use 3 different servers and all 3 are extremely fast loading this site and individual pages.
If this site had an ad every other post I would no longer come here. In my opinion, for most, a slow down is more than likely coming from the end user.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2022, 02:36:55 PM »

Firefox here. The only problem I have is user induced and that you can't fix at my age!  ;D

Mike

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2022, 06:42:43 PM »

Firefox here. The only problem I have is user induced and that you can't fix at my age!  ;D

Mike

right there with ya on not fixin!!  :-\

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2022, 12:25:20 PM »

I've had issues with opening or replaying to post it seems to hang up downloading.  What seems to circumvent the problem on my Mac is toggle the WiFi on/off and it kicks in the download.

Violeiro

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2022, 12:36:04 PM »

Pretty much the only time I use a regular browser is when I want to see this site, most of my other forums and social network is via my phone...the forums I use Tapatalk 99.9% of the time....and honestly sucks, really slow.... that is only my experience, and my suggestions.... I do think the average age of users of this site probably don't represent the new generation of users....be as it may, I have seen great information here...but....

thanks guys, again my opinion only :)

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2022, 02:41:51 PM »

Pretty much the only time I use a regular browser is when I want to see this site, most of my other forums and social network is via my phone...the forums I use Tapatalk 99.9% of the time....and honestly sucks, really slow.... that is only my experience, and my suggestions.... I do think the average age of users of this site probably don't represent the new generation of users....be as it may, I have seen great information here...but....

thanks guys, again my opinion only :)
The problem is Tapatalk.  I did use it on my iPhone and also noticed very slow response on this forum.  Not sure why that would be but if on my iPhone now I view in Safari and on my computer in Chrome.  No problems at all using these. 

IBA member # 45520

Violeiro

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2022, 05:14:58 PM »

The problem is Tapatalk.  I did use it on my iPhone and also noticed very slow response on this forum.  Not sure why that would be but if on my iPhone now I view in Safari and on my computer in Chrome.  No problems at all using these.

I wish there was a like button to like your post….but instead I have to quote so that I can like   :bananarock: :bananarock:

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2022, 05:20:19 PM »

I wish there was a like button to like your post….but instead I have to quote so that I can like   :bananarock: :bananarock:
You're welcome.  I used Tapatalk for quite a long wile with no problem.  But then the same issues as you.  I recall I did contact Tapatalk and actually spoke to a rep.  Don't recall the details but my recollection is that they are having problems . . . and not only this website.  I dropped my subscription to Tapatalk and use Safari on my iPhone.

IBA member # 45520

Violeiro

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2022, 06:07:20 PM »

You're welcome.  I used Tapatalk for quite a long wile with no problem.  But then the same issues as you.  I recall I did contact Tapatalk and actually spoke to a rep.  Don't recall the details but my recollection is that they are having problems . . . and not only this website.  I dropped my subscription to Tapatalk and use Safari on my iPhone.

Unfortunately I only experience issues on this site via Tapatalk - I am a member or roadglide.org, a few guitar and gun forums…this is the one that hurts the must, to the point I actually give up… I am mostly replying here because I am getting notifications on my phone and when I click it opens in the browser (safari).

I think this site has lots to offer, it can generate some income to be self-sufficient, but it needs to keep up with the technology specially for the new gen… the old timers I am sure are ok, but the new gen needs instant gratification…. Tough choice, and certainly not my choice… just giving my opinion…

On other CVO related H-D sites, social media or not, there are lots of action…I can only see one or two threads on the new CVOs on this site, most of it is for the previous models (and I mean like 3-4 years back)…

Stay safe everyone and enjoy this great weekend!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:10:14 PM by Violeiro »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2022, 07:49:31 AM »

I reported this very issue a few months ago, I was told no-one else has said anything. At the time I was using safari, I’m now using Firefox with this site and it’s working much better for me. Just my real world experience.  :drink:
Loads very slow for me.  I use Safari, wonder if thats the issue?

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2022, 08:31:39 AM »

You really should share your favorite midget port/wrestling sites.

Using Firefox was the only thing that helped me here. My internet usage is your everyday common sites, news, shopping at regular places, a few forums, bookface, and midget porn/wrestling. Sometimes it does get hung up while using Firefox but that’s very intermittent. The only site I have this problem with is the CVO site.

I’ll try to see if I can get some common data that will help such as the info at the bottom the page, I was totally unaware of that info.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2022, 08:00:16 AM »

You really should share your favorite midget port/wrestling sites.

JB, that is for the folks that take themselves serious at their cconvienence, I'm not sure you qualify.  :drink:

What the hey, I'll send you my login and password too.  :pineapple:

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2022, 10:24:11 AM »

One of the low points of the site for me was when TN changed his avatar from Captain Wild Bill Kelso to whatever it is right now.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ

National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2022, 02:49:15 PM »

One of the low points of the site for me was when TN changed his avatar from Captain Wild Bill Kelso to whatever it is right now.

That's the United States Secretary of War.

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2022, 02:52:04 PM »

I thought it was somebody important

Zen Master of Pondering

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2022, 04:14:42 PM »

Shrader my current avatar is the shrunken head Phyllis handed out in MV, may we see yours? Shrunken head that is.

My previous avatar was me in my flight cap and goggles, I have since given up cigars  ;D

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2022, 11:36:05 AM »

You're correct I do not qualify!!! Thanks for the passwords!

JB, that is for the folks that take themselves serious at their cconvienence, I'm not sure you qualify.  :drink:

What the hey, I'll send you my login and password too.  :pineapple:
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2022, 01:39:37 AM »

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2022, 12:16:29 PM »

Why are online motorcycle forums drying up and dying?

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/why-are-online-motorcycle-forums-drying-up-and-dying

Iski,

Good find and likely very accurate. More of the dumbing down of society.  :-\

Sawyer Brown

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2022, 04:07:46 AM »

Iski,

Good find and likely very accurate. More of the dumbing down of society.  :-\

Agreed.  Greg as Merle Haggard sang so many years ago  -  "Are the good times really over for good."  Back then I did not think so, now am not so sure, & it's not limited to M/C forums.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2022, 08:45:53 AM »

Why are online motorcycle forums drying up and dying?

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/why-are-online-motorcycle-forums-drying-up-and-dying

sadly true, except the profit part here. 20 yrs and still ad free

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2022, 09:57:10 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Yes, and the admin/moderators here keep the board on topic, not an easy task plus keeping the Spambots away.  Still the best source for HD info I have found on the net.  As we used to say back when I was gainfully employed - better to have quality over quantity.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2022, 09:59:28 AM »

And that's HUGE!

I've been here for about 19 years and I've seen changes but they've all been for the better.  I don't post near as much as I used to......but that's cuz I'm no longer a youngster aka I'm old.....but still riding!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 10:01:33 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2022, 10:42:35 AM »

As a faily long time member here I agree with JCZ. 

Also the friendships made and the knowledge gained here are invaluable.

Best regards to everyone.

Jerry

92fxsts

• Junior CVO Member
    • MD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE...sold
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE...sold
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2022, 11:10:09 AM »

I use Microsoft Edge almost exclusively, on a desktop pc.  This site loads faster than a speeding CVO.  I have never had slow response. I do not post often, but regularly catch up on new posts.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2022, 03:53:24 AM »

I can see how migrating away from the desktop would effect forum use a large degree. I for one, don't see, or understand, why folks want to look at that little screen all day (phone) and try to accomplish anything internet wise. I know many do and it's there choice but if all I had was a phone to look at I wouldn't be on here or any forum.
I have 2 24" screens with a super desktop computer and always will, at least as long as I'm able to still function, lol.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 21 queries.