Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: What Happened CVO Forum?  (Read 9275 times)

sixgun95

• Full CVO Member
What Happened CVO Forum?
« on: April 12, 2022, 10:10:11 PM »

Piss poor participation - what happened?  This forum used to be great. Maybe it was coincidental with CVO's selling north of $40K
2015 Ultra Limited Low

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
Re: What Happened CVO Forum?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 05:21:09 AM »

Lots of competition with Facebook groups and other forums. Also the overly zealous forum policing is irritating (moving posts etc). I still post here occasionally but not my main source of info/participation.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 07:29:20 AM »

I think the big thing is the people who participated a whole lot are buying less CVO bikes.  I know that is the case for a few of us for sure.  I also think the new bikes are generating less excitement.  Also Harley is producing fewer CVO bikes.

I check this forum almost every day, there are much less posts.  I actually like the fact posts are moved to correct sub forums.  I am on a couple forums where they are never moved, and that makes it a mess to find stuff or clogs forms with stuff that doesn't belong there.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 09:17:04 AM »

no mater how a forum is managed some will be happy and some wont.

that said i believe forums are a dying breed in todays internet, it gets harder and harder to compete with facebook / twitter / instagram / snapchat / whatever else is out there today i havent heard of.

adding to the ever changing landscape of the internet is the fact that todays CVO(s) dont seem to have the same draw they once did given what we get for the additional $$$

do posts get moved around yes but truthfully 90% of the administration time spent on this forum is keeping spammers and scammers away for ruining everyone's experience here.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 10:00:24 AM »

Interesting, personally I won't participate in Facebook, Twitter and the others you mentioned mainly because there a bunch of woke companies helping to destroy society..... and yes there several other companies I no longer purchase any of their products for the same reason.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 10:28:57 AM »

I agree. I get on here and look around every day and there is less and less.
Kind of surprising considering this year's CVO's are actually Really nice for a change.
But in full disclosure, I have joined a couple CVO forum's on Facebook recently.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 10:36:12 AM »

no mater how a forum is managed some will be happy and some wont.

that said i believe forums are a dying breed in todays internet, it gets harder and harder to compete with facebook / twitter / instagram / snapchat / whatever else is out there today i havent heard of.

adding to the ever changing landscape of the internet is the fact that todays CVO(s) dont seem to have the same draw they once did given what we get for the additional $$$

do posts get moved around yes but truthfully 90% of the administration time spent on this forum is keeping spammers and scammers away for ruining everyone's experience here.

I concur on all of your points yer honor!  And I'm still riding the last CVO that I bought about eight years ago.......simply because nothing since then has yanked my chain.  There was a time when you could tell the model and year simply by it's custom paint scheme.....but the past few years they're just all vanilla......yet they want even more $$$ for them.    I was born at night but it wasn't last night.   :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 11:04:01 AM »

People are not buying as many Harleys, & the interest in big cruiser bikes is not as popular with the majority of the young whippersnappers as it was with the Boomers.  Boomers quit riding, buy stuff like Ebicycles or golf carts, & eventually die off.  There are dozens of pages on FB that are Harley themed, some good, some lousy.  Competition for time on the net increases. This forum is still a great resource for real info from real riders without as much flotsam & jetsam as other places.

Or the decline in posts is due to Climate Change & the massive increase in atmospheric CO2 levels.   :nixweiss:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 11:33:53 AM »

What happened? In no particular order:

The absurd, increased cost of CVO motorcycles, service, parts and everything else Harley.
The pandemic or more accurately, people's unreasonable fears.
Gas prices.
Declining testosterone levels in American males. https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhowe/2017/10/02/youre-not-the-man-your-father-was/?sh=383be89b8b7f

:huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 12:34:52 PM »

I'll take a conventional forum anyday over facebunk.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2022, 01:05:48 PM »

Piss poor participation - what happened?  This forum used to be great.

I have really enjoyed this site and choose not to have a FB account like some of you. I've also noticed a huge decline in activity. I check in daily as part of my routine. I've looked into other forums as well but they are somewhat frustrating and tough to navigate. Really hate the ads. Neal has spoiled us with the quality and ease of use here on this site. Keep up the good work Neal!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 01:12:37 PM »

I gave up my CVO due to unreliability due to dealer incompetence ...now have a non-CVO RG LTD...and a different dealer....one on the mainland that does pick-ups/ drop-offs on the Island.

Just the need for this service is a pretty good indicator of the quality service available here on the Vancouver Island.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2022, 01:16:27 PM »

Yes it's nice to see all the new bikes, see what accessories there are and compare.  But for me I'm all about the riding and friendship.  I just want to see my friends and ride, regardless of what bike they own.

So I'll call myself selfish.  In this regard I have "planned" the last couple of CVO WestCoast GTGs.  I don't do this because I like to, I do it as a chance to see Andy, Greg, Marty, Jock, Simon, Gabe, James, John, Wayne, JC, Dave, Van (if he doesn't turn around and ride back home) and meet new people and continue the friendship.  Heck I'd be thrilled if Ernie and Vernee could come out from the east coast and join us.  Just a once a year meet up with friends for fun.  Last two years I was overseas so I didn't get a chance to ride. If folks can make it, great. If not, there's always next time. And not to kid ourselves most folks on this forum have multiple bikes, and if they want to ride other brands I'm good with that too.  Chris and Anne (Riding Ruby) went BMW, and that's great.  I just hope they can make it, I'd love to see them.  Panhead Jimmy went Corvette but still managed to make it to Cody, Wyoming.

And on the Darker Side some members like Roger and my cousin Alan will never ride again.  That could happen to any of use, so let's enjoy each others company on the road while we can. On the other hand I know all about conflicting work schedules, family vacations and other commitments. That's why there's always next year for those who can't make it.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 11:09:40 PM »

Well said, Mark.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2022, 08:19:51 AM »

I am on Facebook and in some CVO groups.  That said, the information here is way easier to find, and more accurate. 

CVO is pricing them selfs out of the market in my opinion.  First one had an MSRP of 32K.  Same bike, SERG no longer has a passenger back rest, quick detach hardware, XM and many other things and is almost 49K.  That is only 11K less than a Corvette.

Boomers are getting older so they are buying less CVO's or moving to convertibles.

Most under 45 cant consider a CVO, even those buying Harleys.

COVID has caused irrational fear in some, and caused them to step away from motorcycles.

Inflation and rising cost of gas has people changing priorities. 

This is still my favorite forum, good people and good information.  Much better source than social media like Facebook, twitter and what ever else.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 22 queries.