Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: What Happened CVO Forum?  (Read 9286 times)

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
Re: What Happened CVO Forum?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2022, 05:58:40 PM »

I got no skin in this game, OP asked a question and just about every response here is either from a moderator or long time member. I dont agree with dealer pricing of cvo's these days but Harley sells everyone of these bikes they make so there is still a vibrant cvo community out there. Key to improving anything is identifying how you can improve. If this continues to remain a largely insular, self cycling online community, it will remain stagnant. No offense intended.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2022, 06:16:56 PM »

As I have matured (aged), I find that activities that bring fellowship into play are the ones that satisfy me. I ride with friends that are on Harleys, Hondas, Indians and so on. I do not think any less of a person because of what they ride. This is a CVO site and we are all proud of our rides and the fellowship it brings. I will never join Facebutt, twitcher,  or any of those social media sites. I chose long ago to live in the “real world” with real people talking about real things. And I feel like conversing on here is just like the real world. We share things common to all of us, disagree with some of us and hopefully respect every one of us. I enjoy my time spent on this site and have learned many things from you guys (some of it was totally useless or down right funny) If I knew everyones face on this site, I would stop and help any one of you if needed, no matter what you were riding.

Can’t get that from Facebutt or twitcher.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 06:57:24 PM »

I'm with Threephase

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 09:31:35 PM »

To me this site has more useful information on my 18 year old bike than any other.  I have yet to run across an issue that has not already been discussed here.  I think people are less likely to tinker with new bikes than they were with the Twin Cams, Evos, Shovels, etc.  With all the power and electronic gadgetry that comes with the the new models (not to mention the fear of voiding their warranties) maybe they are satisfied and have no reason to modify their rides, and if you take a glimpse at other H-D forums most of the topics are about modifying.  So if you’re not into modifying your bike or have any interest in doing your own maintenance, forums like this really don’t have much appeal, other than looking at pictures or reading the occasional funny joke.

I love this forum…I have never been insulted or belittled here (even when I deserved it by using the wrong torque value on the handlebars clamps…don’t ask). It seems like the other H-D forums are a bunch of keyboard bad-asses whose only pleasure in life is playing the one-up game to see who can be the biggest smart-ass to people who are seeking advice.  I’m not on Facebook (never will be) but  I suspect it’s not much different.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2022, 01:00:55 PM »

Maybe there are less new CVO's, but there is no less not new CVO's.  I check this site almost everyday.  I'm not on fakebook or any of the other social media platform and only contribute to specific sites when I feel it has some meaning.  Unfortunately for this site and others like it is that there is so much competition from sites where people "like to hear the sound" of their own posts or draw some weird validation from their contribution! I guess I should read less & post more!  This is a great site, I've gotten some great knowledge & entrainment from it
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2022, 01:54:25 PM »

Been on this site since July 04 under one name or another. Hardly ever agree with the moderators except for Greg. Have in the past gathered some good info from site but those days seem over, too many other sites that are much more current and less moderated. But really not sure what good a forum is anymore with visuals like YouTube available for free with a much easier to use search engine. But I am about done riding, soon as I can sell my current one so my opinion really has no bearing on the future. I know there is one moderator that will probably ban me, again, for 24 hours or longer but we all have opinions, I just don't value his.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2022, 12:06:15 AM »

I have had 3 CVO's and on each one (still have 2 of them) most of the ideas to blow my money have come from this forum. First thing I do each night when I log on my computer is to check out what new posts are up. Agree over the years the content is down though still good IMO.
Alan

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2022, 08:43:04 AM »

The cvo world is changing. And the people who buy them.

Check out the latest from HD. The newest no longer have the top line engine, the accessories, etc.
People I know who have the latest cvo’s miss the accessories that used to be included.
My personal pet peeve is the missing heel shifter! LOL

My friend from Houston came to town yesterday and is in the market for a new Streetglide cvo. His last one that he still has is a 2003 that he will probably keep.

He has no interest in this forum or any others and relies on our group to what works and what doesn’t.
I have a good network of friends I have met over the years on here and other places and we still do our long rides and share our biking experiences like always.
Some of us are retired or retiring soon and have our last HD.
Most of the people I know who are in the business have retired or moved on.

As we get older, we see the next generation coming up with twitter’s Facebook etc. they seem to be having fun but it’s not for me. I went on our HOG ride Thursday and it was interesting to say the least. Those of you who have been on the HOG rides know what I’m talking about! LOL

This forum has been helpful to me over the years and I have made some great friends and probably a few non-friends (I apologize to those for not recognizing your issues) !

Neal and the others have done a great job keeping this going. It’s got to be difficult (impossible) to do that.
I’ll continue to read the questions/replies and answer questions that I have personal experience with to help the next generation until I move on to my hot rods and retire my bikes!

Carry on.
 :soapbox:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:35:38 AM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2022, 07:19:39 AM »

Been think more about this forum and its activity.  I believe the activity picked up when the M8 came out.  People were wanting to learn about its issues.  People were trying to find solutions to the issues.  People wanted to learn what cams and such worked with the M8.  As problems got sorted on the M8, and lots of build information available the activity has slowed back down.

The touring frame is 14 years old.  Not much information needed on suspension modifications.  You can just search this forum and learn all about different suspension set ups.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2022, 05:50:21 PM »

Joined this site back in 2004 when a good friend bought a CVO. Got some really go info over the years and made some friendships with people all over the country that I wouldn't trade for anything. It has slowed down, but I still check in to see what is going on. Still try to make the GTG's although the past few years have been more difficult with work getting in the way.

Want to that Neal for keeping this going for all these years...and here's to another 20!

Mike 

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2022, 09:36:41 PM »

Great thread.  I have learned a wealth of information on this site, mostly by reading, reading and more reading.  There are a lot of smart people here and most are more than willing to help those of us that need helping. Especially when asking for it.  You guys are the ones I have come to trust as knowing what is true and what is BS.  A lot of other forums have guys that are trying things and have no foundation for what they are doing.  But I get frustrated when there are no new threads started, like in the Riding Gear or Cleaning threads----January/February are the last posts.  I like to see/hear what people are doing or using or looking for.  Maybe we are not making it welcoming enough for new members and their questions.  Neal needs to be commended for his work on the site. He has done a fantastic job keeping up with everything behind the scenes. Without him, there would be no CVOHARLEY.com.  Thanks Neal

I know I'm really confused by what JC says:    "I was born at night but it wasn't last night"  Maybe it's time I move on too!
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2022, 10:04:55 PM »

Great thread.  I have learned a wealth of information on this site, mostly by reading, reading and more reading.  There are a lot of smart people here and most are more than willing to help those of us that need helping. Especially when asking for it.  You guys are the ones I have come to trust as knowing what is true and what is BS.  A lot of other forums have guys that are trying things and have no foundation for what they are doing.  But I get frustrated when there are no new threads started, like in the Riding Gear or Cleaning threads----January/February are the last posts.  I like to see/hear what people are doing or using or looking for.  Maybe we are not making it welcoming enough for new members and their questions.  Neal needs to be commended for his work on the site. He has done a fantastic job keeping up with everything behind the scenes. Without him, there would be no CVOHARLEY.com.  Thanks Neal

I know I'm really confused by what JC says:    "I was born at night but it wasn't last night"  Maybe it's time I move on too!

My last sentence was a follow up to my comments just before my last sentence....."but the past few years they're just all vanilla......yet they want even more $$$ for them."   
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2022, 10:33:11 PM »

Yeah, I got what ya mean--not much changes, but the price. 
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Phaedrus

• Totally tubular!
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2009 XR1200 (modified)
    • CVO3: 2003 FLSTFI (modified)
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2022, 07:55:22 AM »

I like  the forum, and don't see a problem.  Over the past 10 years I've read it for valuable information.  I read far more now than in the past.  But like others I am sure, I only post when I have something new or additional to offer - and so much has already been covered that I don't post often.

I don't see any link between new CVO releases or CVO build quality, and forum participation.  Tech info chnges with new features or major design changes.  Once items have been covered, posts naturally off.

And if social gatherings aren't happening as often, I don't see that as a comment on the quality or state of the forum.

But what do I know, I just buy bikes, keep them, work on them, and ride them....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 07:57:12 AM by Phaedrus »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2022, 08:01:25 AM »

My last sentence was a follow up to my comments just before my last sentence....."but the past few years they're just all vanilla......yet they want even more $$$ for them."

This year they do have some really nice paint jobs.  That said, the price is way up, and features have been removed like XM, CB and so on.  On top of that, the CVO motor was always the biggest Harley had to offer, now its in other bikes too.  So there is less and less special about the CVO. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 22 queries.