Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exhaust Question  (Read 831 times)

2004SE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Exhaust Question
« on: July 04, 2022, 04:33:05 PM »

Looking for some advice from anyone owning a Bronze Armor 2021 ultra limited who has changed out pipes. Looks like the slip ons have a heat shield in bronze so that you could get away with a black muffler under the heat shield without impacting the color. Has anyone done this? Since its got a high flow air cleaner stock I would imagine that there is no need to hook it to a tuner when just changing slip ons, is that correct?

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Exhaust Question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 06:06:14 PM »

Looking for some advice from anyone owning a Bronze Armor 2021 ultra limited who has changed out pipes. Looks like the slip ons have a heat shield in bronze so that you could get away with a black muffler under the heat shield without impacting the color. Has anyone done this? Since its got a high flow air cleaner stock I would imagine that there is no need to hook it to a tuner when just changing slip ons, is that correct?
I got the Rinehart DBX 40 in black and used the stock muffler shields which are bronze color on my 2019 CVO Limited, they will not fit on the DBX 45, ask me how I know! Also I did not tune it, but ended up turning it after changing the head pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

Re: Exhaust Question
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 08:33:09 AM »

There are several good options available.

Khrome Werks makes a 4.5” slip on that matches the Bronze Armor. As mentioned you can use the factory heat shield and replace the existing muffler. Tab Performance makes a 4” muffler that I’ll fit under the heat shield and you can use the factory tips.
The other option is Full Sac baffles. I have the 2.25” in my ‘22 CVO RG. Not overly loud but nice under acceleration.

2004SE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Exhaust Question
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 10:58:21 AM »

I appreciate the reply and the advice. Thank you.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.