Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Cool Flow Fan  (Read 580 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

HD Cool Flow Fan
« on: May 16, 2022, 10:07:25 PM »

Anyone installed one of these if so what's your opinion on them. Have a 2022 CVO RG Limited and its HOT. This fan suppose to remove some of heat from rear cylinder..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: HD Cool Flow Fan
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 10:24:38 PM »

I love them, work great when stopped
Alan

rrprofessor

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Re: HD Cool Flow Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 02:01:54 PM »

So, quick story: Last week I installed the CoolFan on my CVO. I did the actual install myself since it was pretty straight forward and I like to tinker. I had to go to Harley to get the bike "flashed" to recognize the CoolFan before I could use it. The whole flashing process took about 15 minutes, plus they washed the bike while they had it...I figured since I was paying for "shop supplies" I might as well get a wash out of it... LoL.

Fast Forward: On the way home from HD, I had driven about 2 miles, and I noticed my faring speakers went out, but the lower and saddlebag speakers were still working. Since I was only a couple of miles from home, I figured I would check it out when I got there. When I pulled into my driveway, I noticed the smell of something burning. OH chit!!!!

My first thought, I wired something wrong with the CoolFan, and it has shorted out some faring wiring since from what I could tell the smell was coming from the area of the on/off switch. So, I parked the bike and let it cool off while I went inside and started running through the wiring process in my head. The only thing I didn't do according to the instructions was to use the Aux Power switch module that came with the fan kit since I already had one in place for my Aux Lights. It made sense that that might be the issue since now the Aux Lights and the Fan would not turn on in addition to the faring speaker amp.

So, I went through the process of replacing the factory switch module, still nothing, so I decided it was time to check the fuses. Sure enough, the P&A fuse was blown. (Easy Fix) as I was getting ready to insert the new fuse it sparked, and I dropped it. when it fell I noticed my trickle charger was touching the exhaust and the cover was off. When I lifted it up to put the cover back on, the cover had slightly melted to the header pipe and the exposed pin was touching the header. WELL DAMN!!!
I put everything back in place, replaced the fuse, turned on the ignition, and like voodo, everything started working again (well, maybe not voodo)

So, apparently, when HD washed the bike or pulled the cover off to flash the ECU, the trickle charger connection came loose and rested on the pipe when I got to the 1st stop light on my drive home. The burning smell I thought was wiring, was the cover on the header and the reason I smelled it stronger when I bent down to where the switches are is because it is on the left side of the bike......

Summary: CoolFan works great. it pulls alot of the heat that was rising up my leg, down and away from my right leg. Oh, and BTW, there was nothing wrong with the Aux Switch Housing.
2019 Black Forest CVO Street Glide 131 Beast called "DarkSyd"

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.