Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 FLHRSE4 security PIN issues  (Read 1158 times)

Mezlo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

2008 FLHRSE4 security PIN issues
« on: September 01, 2023, 06:14:30 PM »

I've had a 2008 FLHRSE4 for about a year now and I'm trying to view/change the security PIN. Following the instructions in the manual, I get to step 4 where both turn signals flash 3 times. The current PIN should be displayed on the odometer but the odometer display never changes. I've tried it multiple times with the same result.

Also, with the fob not present, I cannot get the bike to allow me to enter a PIN to disarm. Without moving the bike I turn the switch to ignition and immediately press and hold both turn signal buttons, but the key icon never flashes rapidly, the odometer display never changes, and the alarm system starts chirping.

Am I just doing something stupid or are there tricks to getting these procedures to work?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 07:07:15 PM by Mezlo »

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
Re: 2008 FLHRSE4 security PIN issues
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 09:41:20 PM »

It gets turned to accessory - not ignition. Turning it to ignition trips the security if it's armed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 09:43:13 PM by Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle »
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.