Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!  (Read 14824 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:00:20 PM »

Well gang, I put the bike to the old Hoist test this week. It failed miserably! Here's a list of all the chit that's wrong with it now.

Odometer broken
Tach broken
Flashers broken-signals work fine, but flashers don't stay on
Cruise Control doesn't work at all
Rear head gasket leaking
Bike runs and idles like crap in the rain
Oil Temp dipstick crapped out already
Rear shocks are garbage, like all FL rear shocks are
Windshield clips vibrate and buzz and annoy the chit out of you
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know there's more, I'm just a litlle burnt out now.

The bike runs and handsles fantastic! Best RK I've ever owned! I'll just have to take matters into my own hands though, and beat this thing into submission. Spoke to my dealer from the road. I'm bringing it in to get this crap fixed. I'll do the cams and check crank runout at that time. Stay tuned. This bike will come back stronger than ever and I'll put it to another Hoist beating when I get it back! Don't be discouraged by the above. It's just annoying BS. Nothing that can't be fixed. I still love this bike. After over a 3K trip, I could have kept going another few weeks!

Stay tuned for the "New SERK Finally Handles Hoist's Beatings" thread, coming to a CVOHarley Subject near you! ;) Hoist! 8)

Damn, forgot about the rocker box clearance issues!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:04:46 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:27:43 PM »

Well gang, I put the bike to the old Hoist test this week. It failed miserably! Here's a list of all the chit that's wrong with it now.

Odometer broken
Tach broken
Rear head gasket leaking
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know there's more, I'm just a litlle burnt out now.

The bike runs and handsles fantastic! Best RK I've ever owned! I'll just have to take matters into my own hands though, and beat this thing into submission. Spoke to my dealer from the road. I'm bringing it in to get this crap fixed. I'll do the cams and check crank runout at that time. Stay tuned. This bike will come back stronger than ever and I'll put it to another Hoist beating when I get it back! Don't be discouraged by the above. It's just annoying BS. Nothing that can't be fixed. I still love this bike. After over a 3K trip, I could have kept going another few weeks!

Stay tuned for the "New SERK Finally Handles Hoist's Beatings" thread, coming to a CVOHarley Subject near you! ;) Hoist! 8)

I only rode it about six miles back and forth across that country road a few times buddy.  But I did my best to shake it out a little in that stretch.  For just hauling down the road that bike is true.  Straight as a pin, handles great and runs great too.  It'll get better with round II you've got coming up.

The stuff you listed are annoyances, for sure.  But anything you can ride home on is just that.  It's only worse if it strands you on the side of the road.  New head gaskets, a new instrument, other little bits and some motor work you wanted to do anyway.  Then you're good to go.  After that the kinks are worked out of it.  It's a sweet Road King  :2vrolijk_21: .

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:08:12 PM »

Hoist, why you always breaking chit?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:27:38 PM »

Hoist, why you always breaking chit?

I don't break chit, I field test it! And sometimes it can't take it! ;D If you ain't breaking chit, you ain't riding it hard enough! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 10:40:20 PM »

Just the response I figured you would give. All that lurking must have done me some good.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 11:25:18 PM »

Holy Crap....

Anyway, good to have you back Hoist man.  The guys and gals did a great job of posting while you were away.  Seems like we all know the details on the trip, like we were there.  Anyway, now we get the Yankee version of the story.  Can't wait to hear it and post a few pics.

Sorry to hear about all the chit wrong with the SERK, but that's what the w......y is for right?

Glad you and the wife are back home safely.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

DoCPooF

• 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King
    • CVO2: 2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 12:05:02 AM »

Hmm...that's odd...

I haven't had ONE issue with mine yet.

:nixweiss:
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing
2006 Street Glide
2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 08:56:04 AM »

Odometer broken
Tach broken
Rear head gasket leaking

Yeah, but your spots are so much better than mine. Much brighter and whiter too. I think I want your reflectors with HID wired so I can have anywhere from 1 to 4 lamps in different combinations.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 09:08:01 AM »

Ride it hard and bring her home wet, thats Hoist's motto. He is the self proclaimed Chuck Yeager of CVO's.  :huepfenlol2: Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 10:22:33 AM »

Ride it hard and bring her home wet, thats Hoist's motto. He is the self proclaimed Chuck Yeager of CVO's.  :huepfenlol2: Later,Q

I think you got it Q.  Glad to see his 2 Yr Warranty will pull him through though.  Hmmmm, cams, what's the warra.......never mind.

It's all good and getting better with every mod.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 10:28:57 AM »

Well, I'm expecting to actually get all this chit fixed under W.....ty! I'll throw them the cam job to have the crank runout checked at that time,and the rocker boxes clearanced as well. If I have them do the work, I'm pretty sure they'll maintain the W.....ty too. I'll be talking to them today and let ya'll know the deal. Hoist! 8)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »

Well, I'm expecting to actually get all this chit fixed under W.....ty! I'll throw them the cam job to have the crank runout checked at that time,and the rocker boxes clearanced as well. If I have them do the work, I'm pretty sure they'll maintain the W.....ty too. I'll be talking to them today and let ya'll know the deal. Hoist! 8)

Give 'em hell and tell them its like heaven.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »

OK, here's the deal. I'm bringing it in after the Holiday Weekend. They will check crank runout to see if the bottom end is holding up. If it's good, we'll do the cams. If not, then it's new motor time! They will gladly do the cams and W.....ty their work. If the engine takes a chit after that, Tech Services would get the engine back and deny a new motor, so it's decision time! The dealer will guaranty their work, but not an entire engine job, unless caused by the cams they put in. Rocker box clearancing, head gaskets, and all the rest of the crap is being covered. They feel my Electrical issues are all inter-related and will get intro the cause and repair same. I didn't even bring up the Diamond Cutting yet. I'll sit down with them when I bring the bike in and settle everything then. I was looking forward to doing the cams after riding Travis' bike, but these 110 engine issues have me a little concerned. I asked the Tech what he'd do if it were his. He said if the runout is on the money, he'd do the cams and not worry. The SM is even more on my side with this and is not adverse to fighting with Tech Services. This will be a story that's to be continued, but he made me feel like I shouldn't be worried and they'll hook me up. Stay tuned! Hoist! 8)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 11:11:31 AM »

OK, here's the deal. I'm bringing it in after the Holiday Weekend. They will check crank runout to see if the bottom end is holding up. If it's good, we'll do the cams. If not, then it's new motor time! They will gladly do the cams and W.....ty their work. If the engine takes a chit after that, Tech Services would get the engine back and deny a new motor, so it's decision time! The dealer will guaranty their work, but not an entire engine job, unless caused by the cams they put in. Rocker box clearancing, head gaskets, and all the rest of the crap is being covered. They feel my Electrical issues are all inter-related and will get intro the cause and repair same. I didn't even bring up the Diamond Cutting yet. I'll sit down with them when I bring the bike in and settle everything then. I was looking forward to doing the cams after riding Travis' bike, but these 110 engine issues have me a little concerned. I asked the Tech what he'd do if it were his. He said if the runout is on the money, he'd do the cams and not worry. The SM is even more on my side with this and is not adverse to fighting with Tech Services. This will be a story that's to be continued, but he made me feel like I shouldn't be worried and they'll hook me up. Stay tuned! Hoist! 8)

i dunno
seems like an awful lot of 110s getting "early replacement" for one thing or another i think i'd be a bit leary of throwing that (w______y) caution to the wind ..course, i aint of cashola..and when it comes to money im chicken chit sometimes....  good luck my friend with your decision and i hope it works out for ya!

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 08:51:13 PM »

Howie, riding hard and beating the chit out of it are not the same thing! Glad you made it home in one piece.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 21 queries.