Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: New Member/New Bike  (Read 2226 times)

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red
Re: New Member/New Bike
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »

Welcome from the Gulf Coast!

Browse this site for all the info you will need about heat issues related to exhaust and catalytic converter, as well as tuning tips.  First item: if there are any stock mid-frame heat deflectors: take 'em off.  Get rid of catalytic converter: Fullsac x-pipe has been widely recommended.  Get some Rinehart 4" slipons.   Tuner.

I have Bub Straight 8 TDX pipes incl headers, and Power Commander V with Autotune.  Also replaced the stock baffles with louder ones.  Sweet, mellow, hot rod car idle, best sounding pipes I've ever had.

Heat on right side you can manage with above plus richer tune (means lower mpg) will get heat to minimum.  CVO's run hot on right side anyways and take some getting used to.  I'm on my first one too and am still tweaking it.

Save up for an Oil Bud oil cooler.  I'm getting one next spring.  Reduces temps 20+ degrees over stock cooler (they say).

Ride safe!
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

RetSUBLDO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '13 FLHRSE - sold
    • CVO3: '10 FLHTCUSE - sold
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »

Hey Everyone,
Just picked up a "leftover" 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra from my local dealer.  Charcoal/Slate.  Where is the button to deploy the bed?  Love this bike.  Had a 94 1200 Sporty, 95 Road King, 06 Street Glide and now this dream machine.  I've put nearly 500 miles on so far with just two noticeable problems:  1.)  Way to quiet  2.)  Way to hot on right side.
I'll quickly be putting on either V&H Power Duals or Dresser Duals, Fuel Pak and American Custom slip-ons.  This should put my bike right where I want it to be!  Any suggestions before I pull the trigger on these accessories?
Thanks For Your Input.
Tamale

Great ride!  Some feedback on American Custom slip-ons, when I checked with the owner, the CVO mufflers are something he's attempted to modify but he wasn't happy with the results and he only modifies non-CVO mufflers.  Congrats and good luck!

Eric

td119

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »

Hello and welcome from Northwest NJ!  :bananarock:

And congrat's on the new ride you will find this forum has a lot of information and some great folks!   ::)

Welcome.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.