Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: Kick Stand 09 Screaming Eagle Ultra  (Read 41897 times)

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 FXDB-sold
    • CVO2: FLHRSE4-sold
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4
Re: Kick Stand 09 Screaming Eagle Ultra
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »

when they installed my new GPS module.

:jack:

Did you have a Road tech, or zumo 550 installed, or are you talking about the OEM gps that comes on the SEUC?

I'm getting my new SEUC this friday (silver and blue) and from what I've read, the gps that comes on the SEUC is not worth messing with . . . as evidenced by the "POS NAV" in your profile .

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2009, 09:17:43 PM »

Now I know that my dentist better not leave his laying around, since I now have found a use for one.

Found that at Rite-Aid for about 5 bucks.  Bought it to check the cam chain shoes on my Heritage.  It even has a little LED light to illuminate whatever you're looking at. 
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2009, 05:22:45 AM »

:jack:

Did you have a Road tech, or zumo 550 installed, or are you talking about the OEM gps that comes on the SEUC?

I'm getting my new SEUC this friday (silver and blue) and from what I've read, the gps that comes on the SEUC is not worth messing with . . . as evidenced by the "POS NAV" in your profile .

I have the OEM GPS and the module was bad in mine.  Now it works perfectly, as designed.  Obviously, it leaves a lot lacking in features compared to the Zumo.  I never felt the need for GPS in the past, and I liked the idea of having one included with my bike.  I'll have to admit that it's nice to be able to just enter your destination and just have the speakers tell you when and where to turn.  You can only set it from Point A to Point B...no multiple stops programmed at once, but that's fine for me at this point.  I WANT a Zumo, but I certainly don't NEED a Zumo.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »

Could feel the OE with the fingers.  They were correct.  I have the correct bracket on mine.  I wish someone would have made that post a while back.  It was real easy to check that way, even with my inspection plate mounted in front of it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:07:55 PM by 1abastarsmda »

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »

I know it was breifly mentioned in this thread about this new bracket (50096-09) fitting a CVO 2007.  Has anyone else tried it??

My 2007, when new, leaned over excessivly.  Now that I have installed 18 inch wheels it leans dangerously too far over.  I replaced the bracket and rod with new originals thinking that maybe they were factory defective but the problem still exists.  I bent the rod to try to correct the problem but that creates new issues.  When retracted the folded position misses the intended point of contact on the frame and the welded extension used to put the kickstand down in now too far under the primary to reach with your foot.

Thanks!

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »

bump
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.