Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: BUB Stealth Mufflers  (Read 30743 times)

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
Re: BUB Stealth Mufflers
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2009, 12:47:16 AM »

Which is better, the Stealth 7 TD  or Rhinehart TD?

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »

While I do not have Stealth mufflers on mine, I perfer the BUB 7 TD. I recently switched from the D&D Fat Cat (2 - 1) to the BUBs. I lost no low end torque or horsepower vs the Rinehart TD which generally have a tq dip around 2000 thru 2500 rpm. JMO.  Love the sound of either system  :)

JW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2009, 08:44:30 AM »

Well I got out with it today. Did about an hour of all types of riding. 08 SERK......Stop and go and one little 100 mph cruise to see if they would blue. "So far" here is my impression compared with the sacks.
Idle sound goes to BUB it really sounds better, low Harley sound
Light acceleration to BUB Low to mid rpm again nice low throaty sound
Heavy acceleration high rpm to sack high rpm sound is great!
Cruise to BUB nice tunes out the back!
6th gear cruise and acceleration definitely BUB! Nice Harley sound without all the drama!

I realize this is all subjective but "so far" I like the bubs for the bike and riding that I do. They are quiet. I think ZEB said his wife thought they were too loud. With all due respect, I can't imagine them being to loud unless they burn out quickly. Oh, and these things stink while they are breaking in. ;) I have some video with sound if I can figure out how to post it? I hope this helps someone as much as the other posters have helped me. Oh and they still have to pass the boss's sound test or to ebay they go!!!

Thanks for the report.  Just to be sure.....you have the Bub Stealth and not the Bub 7, correct?   

Dakota Zeb has given positive feedback on the Stealth and if your report is on the Stealth then I believe this is the system that I'm wanting.  Just tired of the obnoxiously loud exhaust systems.  Ran the Thunderheader for way to many years and now am paying the price with my hearing when it comes to certain tones. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »

Yes they are the stealths. They seem pretty quiet at first but kind of grow on you. I like the idle and cruise sound. Still not much time with them as the weather really sucks here with the storm.
RETIRED! :fireman:

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

Thanks for the report.  Just to be sure.....you have the Bub Stealth and not the Bub 7, correct?   

Dakota Zeb has given positive feedback on the Stealth and if your report is on the Stealth then I believe this is the system that I'm wanting.  Just tired of the obnoxiously loud exhaust systems.  Ran the Thunderheader for way to many years and now am paying the price with my hearing when it comes to certain tones. :nixweiss:

I am putting Bub 7 Stealth mufflers on my Ultra, Dealer has them now here in Arizona, Not in BUB catalog yet.
Will give you report after 1,000 miles.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.