Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Cheap Cleaner Wax  (Read 1882 times)

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
My Cheap Cleaner Wax
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:57:19 AM »

Everyone has their "Fancy Stuff" to use when it's gotta be perfect. But the rest of the time, I use Turtle Wax-Bug and Tar remover. It doesn't have diesel in it like most B&T removers. It removes the bug stain, and will not leave a white residue so your not afraid to get it on black parts. It's got a wax base to it so after wiping it on, just a light buff off. JUST DON'T USE IT IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: My Cheap Cleaner Wax
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:37:13 AM »

I covered my truck with road tar on the way to work and had to leave it in the parking lot to bake for four days.  Thought it was going to be a nightmare to clean, but found the Turtle wax bug and tar remover worked magic.  I went back to the store and bought 3 more bottles just incase.  I have never used it on the bike, but maybe I will give it a try.

My favorite technique is to just soak some towels with water and just leave them lay on the bug covered parts, go have a couple beers and when you come back it all wipes off real easy.

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »

I covered my truck with road tar on the way to work and had to leave it in the parking lot to bake for four days.  Thought it was going to be a nightmare to clean, but found the Turtle wax bug and tar remover worked magic.  I went back to the store and bought 3 more bottles just incase.  I have never used it on the bike, but maybe I will give it a try.

My favorite technique is to just soak some towels with water and just leave them lay on the bug covered parts, go have a couple beers and when you come back it all wipes off real easy.

:2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:30:55 AM »

There was a lot of road construction on the Sturgis trip and we got home with a lot of tar and bugs on the bike and SUV. I had this stuff on the shelf for a while and finally used it. It not only cleaned everything, but left a nice shine. It has a strong distinctive odor that last for a few days but other than that I'd use it again. Doc

Ultra2010

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »

Yep, the warm wet towels works wonders for dirt and bugs.   Chit, I'm lazy, I'm having mine detailed at the dealership, it's in REAL bad shape.  My coast to coast ride put me in some REAL bad road conditions and I'm way beyond a simple build up of bugs and light tar... I think I can tar a road with everything I have on it now.  Even had a beer open up in my tour pack/rack bag so I have dried/baked on beer all over the back of her now!! (note to self:  buy it and drink it, don't pack it along next time!)   

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »

I thought it was a secret....Turtle Wax Tar & Bug is the best between real cleanings I have found. Makes easy work of the fairing & windshield. Bout $3 at Wallyworld
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.