Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: update on 2011 owner's manual  (Read 997 times)

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
update on 2011 owner's manual
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:12:23 PM »

All, I received a call from my dealer saying they were mailing me an updated version of the 2011 owner's manual.  She said that there has been some some updated information concerning the alarm system.  Not exactly sure just yet what it is but will let everybody know as soon as I get it if I can figure it out.  There were quite a few mistakes as I recall in the 2010 model book and possibly they will be sending one those out as well.  Anybody hear about this yet??  Pork.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
Re: update on 2011 owner's manual
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »

thanks for the info porkster, heard nothing from my dealer yet, going in for  first service this friday , will check with him then,
really cant fault the bike, power is fantastic, getting easier to find neutral, love the tunes while riding

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »

Barb at Yellowstone Harley called me last week and asked if I had gotten a manual with the bike I picked up in October. I told her I had and then after getting off the phone with her I did some checking and realized it wasn an updated manual for me. So I called her back and she mailed it out to me. I received mine new one yesterday.
Here is the pdf on the revisionA to the manual.
and the link.
http://www.box.net/shared/ckmthvoic0
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:46:20 AM by brr5 »

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:32:54 PM »

I believe this new procedure is exactly correct.  Pretty sure it is just that simple to get the bike started without the key fob present.  Bear in mind, I believe this procedure is only going to work and display as illustrated if you do not have the key fob in hand.  If you have the fob in hand, the bike will know it!!!  Isn't it nice to have a bike that's as smart as us?? ha!  Pork.      ps  it's great they send us a new owner's manual but it's a shame that they don't ship us another supplement ($40) with this new info.     

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.